Lloydy predicts Half Ton for Buckets

Report on Ch 9 news tonight on Bombers/Fwds/Carlisle.

Matty Lloyd says he thinks Jake can kick 50. 

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video.aspx?videoid=7d41b6a3-43f3-4494-8670-5250c7f98aa0

Happy with that prediction. Lid off.

And still be AA CHB. Lid off

Let’s see if the doomsdayers come out in force now a club legend has backed Carlisle in for 50.

Not doomsdayers, just realistic... the boy has never played a full AFL game let alone season at AFL level in the forward line... Once upon a time, in 2001 or 2002 James Hird once said JJ would/should win a brownlow... Doesn't make it accurate, doesn't make it gospel coming from a club player, club legend...

Not doomsdayers, just realistic... the boy has never played a full AFL game let alone season at AFL level in the forward line... Once upon a time, in 2001 or 2002 James Hird once said JJ would/should win a brownlow... Doesn't make it accurate, doesn't make it gospel coming from a club player, club legend...

Tell that to John Coleman

JJ finished 6th in the brownlow in 2001 so I'd say Hird's prediction had some merit.  We can only hope that Lloyds' proves as accurate.

Let's see if the doomsdayers come out in force now a club legend has backed Carlisle in for 50.

Still need more than 50 to win the Coleman

Let's see if the doomsdayers come out in force now a club legend has backed Carlisle in for 50.

Its trending down!  Last years highest (65) was the lowest since 1965. 

Personally I'll be wrapt if he can simply become a permanent forward target who is dangerous.  30+ goals would be a very positive start to his career forward.  

Carlisle getting 50 will push us close to top 4, that's all I care about.
The Coleman bet is a bit of fun, a long shot with unbelievably good odds that I just couldn't refuse.
Not impossible I might add.

Depends on how many goal Joe kick.

You'd spew if you were named on Carlisle.

Carlisle getting 50 will push us close to top 4, that's all I care about.
The Coleman bet is a bit of fun, a long shot with unbelievably good odds that I just couldn't refuse.
Not impossible I might add.

Me too. Any amount at 250 has got to be worth a punt.

Its trending down! Last years highest (65) was the lowest since 1965.
Personally I'll be wrapt if he can simply become a permanent forward target who is dangerous. 30+ goals would be a very positive start to his career forward.

Totally agree

I'm open to being corrected, but i have a pretty clear memory of Hird saying in a 2007 post-game, on-field interview that Tom Hislop would be a 200+ game player for the club. Their opinions aren't beyond reproach, they're just extremely good footballers.

I'm open to being corrected, but i have a pretty clear memory of Hird saying in a 2007 post-game, on-field interview that Tom Hislop would be a 200+ game player for the club. Their opinions aren't beyond reproach, they're just extremely good footballers.

Not to mention being in a very good position after the ASADA interviews...sometimes things out of your control can change. Move on I'm sure you've been wrong before.

Yawn ......... This is the same Lloyd that kept insisiting that Hurley was our best forward option by the length of the Flemington straight yeah? The same Llloyd who insisted Carlisle was a defender? Feeling a bit lonely this pre season were we Matty?

Its trending down! Last years highest (65) was the lowest since 1965.
Personally I'll be wrapt if he can simply become a permanent forward target who is dangerous. 30+ goals would be a very positive start to his career forward.

FKG concur.
Of far more importance than the #1 goal tally is the way the forward line *works* with him there. He is IMHO more of a natural "presenter" at the ball than Hurley but Hurley is better forcing contests, creating spills, and the spots he'd lead to would help us lock it in.
So there's a bit that remains to be seen. I tend to think our best mix will be Hurley with Bellcho & Joe (when he comes in) as they seem to complement each other better.

Is that a quote?

“Loudie predicts half tonne for buckets.” - Matthew Lloyd, Jan 31, 2014

If so, epic WWF style Matty!

He's on the googs for sure