Lloydy predicts Half Ton for Buckets

I still love you Matty.

30 will be a good start,50 would be brilliant…

Can someone give Lloydy a call and see if we can win the flag this year…save us all a lot of angst :wink:

Lloyd has publicly changed his opinion on where Hurls is best suited several times. I don’t take much notice of what he says anymore, other than on actual goal kicking techniques etc.

Lloyd has publicly changed his opinion on where Hurls is best suited several times. I don't take much notice of what he says anymore, other than on actual goal kicking techniques etc.

Agreed - club legend for his contribution to the EFC as a footballer and will always be respected for that.
However IMHO more often than not he comes across as a flog with his media work.

Lloyd has publicly changed his opinion on where Hurls is best suited several times. I don't take much notice of what he says anymore, other than on actual goal kicking techniques etc.

Agreed - club legend for his contribution to the EFC as a footballer and will always be respected for that.

FFS all he said was he "supports the move", "he's good enough to kick 50 goals this year" and "he doesn't need to be the dominant force like Carey". I don't actually see anything flog like in any of this. Get a grip!

Matthew Lloyd says our main forward could kick 50 goals, what a jerk!!!

FFS all he said was he "supports the move", "he's good enough to kick 50 goals this year" and "he doesn't need to be the dominant force like Carey". I don't actually see anything flog like in any of this. Get a grip!

I would suggest this one as a starting point. This is the "western forehand grip" favoured by amateurs and professionals alike. The favoured grip of Rafa Nadal.

westernforehandgrip_zpsb618c53e.jpg

I would suggest this one as a starting point. This is the "western forehand grip" favoured by amateurs and professionals alike. The favoured grip of Rafa Nadal.

a switch to a backhand grip would be more suited to this thread

a switch to a backhand grip would be more suited to this thread

I like to encourage people. ;)

Thread needs some actual Jake Carlisle kicking some actual goals :smiley:

Jake the Gripper

Like I keep saying, Lloyd was a very, very good football player.

In any case, my concern about the switch has nothing to do with how many goal Jake may or may not kick.

In any case, my concern about the switch has nothing to do with how many goal Jake may or may not kick.

the first sentence is a clear switch to the backhand grip

with the second, what is you main concern?

I'd say it was gentle forehand lob.

He feels Jake was more value down back than believes Hurley will be?

berland 

I'd say it was gentle forehand lob.

He feels Jake was more value down back than believes Hurley will be?

we had better let Mark Thompson know this because he hasn't been long at Bomberland and he may need our insight

sorry - this is ridiculous

It's that few things are better in football than a settled, dare I say it close to elite back six.

Jake can kick 20, 40, 60 goals next year.  Who gives a damn if our defence is disfunctional?

Carlisle took over the leadership of the backline from Fletcher last year.  Fletcher.

As much as I dislike US terminology he ran it like a general.  That is ■■■■■■■ gold.

And the idea that you can just throw another guy back there with the same effect when the actual problem is and always has been that our forwardline seems to have been run by a special needs kid distracted by a shiny mobile seems to me to be stupid beyond words.

That's my main concern.

It's that few things are better in football than a settled, dare I say it close to elite back six.

Jake can kick 20, 40, 60 goals next year.  Who gives a damn if our defence is disfunctional?

Carlisle took over the leadership of the backline from Fletcher last year.  Fletcher.

As much as I dislike US terminology he ran it like a general.  That is ******* gold.

And the idea that you can just throw another guy back there with the same effect when the actual problem is and always has been that our forwardline seems to have been run by a special needs kid distracted by a shiny mobile seems to me to be stupid beyond words.

That's my main concern.

with all due respect to you i am going to go with what Bomber Thompson comes up with

As much as I dislike US terminology he ran it like a general.  That is ******* gold.

That's my main concern.

with all due respect to you i am going to go with what Bomber Thompson comes up with

And with all due respect to you, Bomber, and everyone else.

Our home ground is Etihad Stadium, we wear a clash jumper, we have a terrible membership to supporter ratio, we drafted that NZ idiot twice, Shane Harvey once, and played Reynolds and Bradley in the backline.  I could go on, but I would hope the point is made.

Edit:  Oh, and Henneman over Richards.

That's my main concern.

And with all due respect to you, Bomber, and everyone else.

Our home ground is Etihad Stadium, we wear a clash jumper, we have a terrible membership to supporter ratio, we drafted that NZ idiot twice, Shane Harvey once, and played Reynolds and Bradley in the backline.  I could go on, but I would hope the point is made.

Edit:  Oh, and Henneman over Richards.

maybe it's time to find a new club then, given EFC is such a basket case