Local Cricket 2017/18

Oak Park’s first are still scoring runs at will and containing their opponents. Us in the seconds are struggling…though I felt ok despite a 12 ball duck yesterday. Runs are on the way I can feel it.

1 Like

Forecast isn’t looking good for this weekend. Dandenong District have already cancelled all cricket this weekend. Knowing our league they will make us go to the grounds even if 1000mm falls tomorrow.

Our comp is the same @BERT, they called a couple of rounds off in the past when it was possible to play, yet on a weekend like this it will be report to grounds. To be fair our ground could do with a good soaking, the track is tinder dry and as we have been playing T20 games as well as normal Saturday cricket (we are also due a Sunday game this week to make up for Round 1 being postponed) our “curator” has just ben preparing the same track and it’s getting progressively worse. We will have to have covers down tonight but the square needs a good soak just to get some life back in it.

The league have just called the weekend off. Considering our ground was under water this afternoon we were never going to play.

Did anyone play at all?

We could have given the drainage is good at home.

Dropped another one on a postage stamp at Westmeadows.

Look set to finish stonemotherless, but, we are just having fun these days.

We had a one day game after last weeks rain. We batted first and got 153. My good form continued with 45. We probably left 20-30 runs in the shed with the start we had. They got off to a good start and were 3/70 at half way. The fell in a hole after that and we rolled them for 100. That puts us a game clear in 2nd spot with one to play before the Christmas break.

Oak Park 2nds had a shock win yesterday at home.

Playing top side St. Andrews Pascoe Vale, it was left to field first after losing the toss again! What happened next was carnage.

All out for 35.

Peter German took 3/3
Trevor Lloyd 3/6
Mark Lowerson 2/20
Zac Graham (12) a wicket, an outfield catch and a run-out.

Made the runs in 6 overs.

The firsts completed a 2 day match away at Sunshine Heights.

Seems results were tied with 192 scored by both sides (in 70 overs each).

There is a T20 match to played at Burnside Heights next Saturday.

We used a get out of jail free card yesterday. Chasing 130 on a small ground we slumped to 8/85. With some luck and some good hitting we got over the line 9 down. We go into the Christmas break on top of the ladder.

2 Likes

Burnside Springs far too strong at home in the T20 encounter yesterday.

2 day team race back into play on January 6.

I was having a beer at the cricket club last week, they asked me to play in B grade. I have not played in about 7 years, finished my beer, had another 3 and went and knocked 88 off 35 lol

4 Likes

and then sunk a few more having earned them eh WOB?

Who starts back this weekend? We do but are a chance to be heated off if the forecast is 40 or above on Saturday morning.

Our comp cancelled play for tomorrow…

GDCA called off already

BDCA made the call to cancel yesterday.

BHRDCA called off.

Once the VTCA made the move to call the weekend off…everyone else followed suit rather quickly

Playing a one day game yesterday. We fielded first. As we took the last wicket the rains came and we didn’t get back on.

More washouts. Bowled out for 112 and had St. Albans 2/26.