Local Footy 2016

In Goulburn Valley League, Kyabram through to GF. Rochester and Benalla play in Prelim for a chance to get thrashed by Ky in GF. By far the best team.

In women’s Darebin taking on Melb Uni
Darebin beat Uni by a combined 90+ points in 2 previous encounters (most recent by 72, reckon the other game was when they lost half their team for the AFL exhibition game)
Should be pretty lopsided if it goes off the ladder
http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?id=24943242&c=1-118-0-394853-0

In other important news, Port Fairy Seagulls to play Koroit Saints in the prelim.

Winner to play North Warrnambool Eagles.

Port kicked 7 or 8 in the first quarter against Warrnambool Blues, and kept the Blues to one for the whole game.

Premiership winners:

Balwyn
Heidelberg
Beaumaris
Mazenod

And for something different Old Xaverians.

Bacchus Marsh smashed Sunbury by 55 points to win its first Ballarat Football League Premiership.

Tribute to a great Local club with 16 of the team coming through the Juniors, many coached by Dougie Hawkins. By the way another 6 of his boys are in AFL squares.

I thought Damien Cupido played a great game, was unselfish ! And a great team player.

Not many sober people at our Pubs, probably until Thursday.

Still grand finals in metro to go.

SFNL Division 1 - Dingley v Bentleigh (Sunday - Springvale)
SFNL Division 2 - Port Colts v Caulfield (Cheltenham - Saturday)

Others:

GVFL - Kyabram v Rochester - Sunday at Shepparton
Bendigo - Sandhurst v Golden Square - Saturday at QEO
Gippsland - Maffra v Leongatha - Saturday at Moe

YVMDFL div 1 still to go as well
Olinda vs someone (haven’t bothered to check who won out of Wandin/Healesville)

Balwyn had the game won over Vermont 10 minutes into the match.

Ex-Richmond forward Nathan Gordon, who would win the best on ground award, burst out of the blocks and had 3 goals in no time. Vermont’s inaccuracy, with Jake Best the worst offender, had enough of the play but not the conversion. The final score 10.10.70 to 7.16.58 doesn’t tell the full story.

Premiership winners:

Balwyn
Heidelberg
Beaumaris
Mazenod

Nearly every club in the country would love to bottle their ability to win finals even when not favoured and drink it come finals time. An unbelievable success rate.

Premiership winners:

Balwyn
Heidelberg
Beaumaris
Mazenod

Nearly every club in the country would love to bottle their ability to win finals even when not favoured and drink it come finals time. An unbelievable success rate.

And the way they “recruit” players. Shame it was such a sparse crowd out at FarkCarltonville yesterday…though the live stream was very clear.

See the RDFL grand final was a smozzle.
Games finished with the scoreboard showing Diggers Rest won by a point, goal umpires conferred at the end and worked it out to be a draw… They played overtime and Diggers ended up winning…

I see the SAFL under 18s was a crazy finish with a 50+ meter shot after the siren with the scores tied landed well short but bounced through for a point. Apparently all the players were in the goal square and nobody in the behind area

See the RDFL grand final was a smozzle. Games finished with the scoreboard showing Diggers Rest won by a point, goal umpires conferred at the end and worked it out to be a draw... They played overtime and Diggers ended up winning..

I see the SAFL under 18s was a crazy finish with a 50+ meter shot after the siren with the scores tied landed well short but bounced through for a point. Apparently all the players were in the goal square and nobody in the behind area

Have seen the footage. It’s amazing. About 5 blokes miss the spoil and then it just bounces through.

See the RDFL grand final was a smozzle. Games finished with the scoreboard showing Diggers Rest won by a point, goal umpires conferred at the end and worked it out to be a draw... They played overtime and Diggers ended up winning..

Have seen the footage. It’s amazing. About 5 blokes miss the spoil and then it just bounces through.

Where did you see it?
Have only seen photos

Where did you see it?
Have only seen photos

It was either Facebook or Twitter. I’ll see if I can find it again

Where did you see it?
Have only seen photos

It was either Facebook or Twitter. I’ll see if I can find it again

All good. I found it about 2mins on facey after I posted lol

The coaching merry go round in local footy is on in earnest.

Marty Pask has crossed from AJAX to Balwyn.
Brendan Fevola will take on the role at Melton South.
Harmit Singh goes to Vermont from Collingwood’s academy role.

Dingley by over 100 points in divvy one southern.back to back go dingoes.

New AJAX coach is…MARK “CHOCO” WILLIAMS

The coaching merry go round in local footy is on in earnest.

Marty Pask has crossed from AJAX to Balwyn.
Brendan Fevola will take on the role at Melton South.
Harmit Singh goes to Vermont from Collingwood’s academy role.

Wandin’s co-playing coaches (Bayliss and Fowkes) have agreed to terms at Park Orchards along with the younger Bayliss
Polkinghorne back to Mooroolbark from Wandin, in essence leaving them 4 inter league players short going into pre-season

From all reports as well Kilsyth have cleaned out their coaching staff and leadership group. Apparently all likely to end up at Yarra Glen (who are also searching for a new coach)

Everyone should be ready for a new season.

Vermont had a practice match against the Collingwood VFL side and only lost by 26 points.

VAFA will have a Women’s Lightning Premiership on April 1 and 2 at Elsternwick Park, with 24 clubs participating.

I am coming back to umpiring, and will be a development coach, run ning weekly goal umpire training sessions at Westbourne Grammar every Wednesday.