Lockdown Watchalong - 1993 Grand Final. Tonight @ 7.45

After losing 3 in a row Melbourne has finally won the Reserves GF by beating North.

And ■■■■ me the under 18s score Northen 32.10 def Western 18.11

1 Like

Couple of kids called Caracella and Moorcroft that go alright for Northern. Be worth a look.

Danny Stevens played for Northern too. Not sure if he’s got what it takes - probably end up as a sales rep for a cheese company in Albury :rofl: His younger brother Nick goes alright. Shady character though…

edit: of course all these guys have another year in TAC Cup before they’re eligible for the draft… :grimacing:

1 Like

And must be mocked.

2 Likes

Man wouldn’t it be something if Wanganeen went Brownlow/Norm Smith double in the International Year of the Indigenous People!? Or Longy.

1 Like

Its amazing effort to get here but I think the side is too young. That FC side is just to seasoned

Countdown to the bounce!

It seems like just last week we were watching these kids in the VFL.

How time flies.

2 Likes

I dunno - they’re old and slow. We could run them off their feet. I worry that they’ll get away from us early though. Saw what happened last week - we might have played our Grand Final already.

1 Like

[rule breaker]
I was going to mock posting teams from the interweb in 1993. But that does actually look like it’s from 93.

2 Likes

How was the roar when Mercs kicked that goal last week though! Never heard anything like it. Nearly blew my Yamaha speakers up!

I don’t know if young fletch can handle Sticks

1 Like

Bloody belter of a day as well.

Ummm this “entertainment” what they ■■■■ am i witching

[rule breaker]

Fletch’s run in to the Grand Final

R21 - Ablett
R22 - Bye
QF - DNP
SF - Sumich
PF - Modra

But no - he never played on the gun forwards…

2 Likes

Good to have him there though! Thank ■■■■ there are no exams on Saturday’s.

2 Likes

Can just see it - Madden taps to Williams, handball to Bradley, lace out to Kernahan. Need Somerville to at least compete to give the midfield a chance.

Fark carlton. I don’t know if I can handle losing to these bastards.

2 Likes

Williams and Bradley are going to ■■■■■■■ rinse us

1 Like

Watch some spud like Welsh kick 5 and sink us.

Mark Athorn Norm Smith

2 Likes