London Bridge Attack

Wow

Deluded mess, people.

We’ve got both ends of the bell-curve well represented on Blitz.

Good article.

But those with Strong views won’t read it, or just won’t stomach it as they are over ridden by the emotion of hate.

Hmmmm …

1 Like

Fair enough on the derisive stuff, text-only communication has large margin for error in interpretation.

On classifying this as a terror attack though I still disagree. As counter-intuitive as it may sound, The guy claiming it was for ISIS and the subsequent reactive claiming of the incident by ISIS don’t make it a terror attack. What was his motivation? What political point was he trying to make? “Inspired” just seems very, very flimsy.

Do you honestly think this incident had anything at all to do with the restoration of the Caliphate throughout the middle-east? Honestly?

On another note, the positive I took from the article was that ISIS “claiming” this one is a sign of desperation becaused they’re ■■■■■■. They have no reach. They’re running out of money, territory and time. Hopefully soon their “forces” will be concentrated enough that they can be neatly transformed to red mist.

2 Likes

Fark, it’s awkward in here.

Lol wtf.
As if the English wouldn’t have jailed an Irishman if we were living in London, went on a TV pledging allegiance to the IRA (who’s goal isn’t to eradicate Western Society btw) and sat in a park with a pro IRA banner.
Not to mention not acting on mutiple tip offs about his radicalisation.

It was deleted because :

1). Whilst i love a good conspiracy theory (jfk, moonlandings etc), this is not the thread for it.

1. It takes a special level of self-pitying narcissism to not only decry the families of deceased a right to grieve but to then also insert yourself into the narrative as a victim! The disrespect and onanism is breathtaking in its callousness.

2. the original post asserted that it was both a plot to enforce gun laws but also a plot to create an organisation (Isis) that actually would increase the desire for defensive weaponry. Its at odds with itself.

Ive kept that surprisingly polite .
take it elsewhere.

7 Likes

I deadicait this badli spellt santance inda naim of ISES and the Tellybarn !

Point 2 is hilarious. I see myself as a victim? Huh?

But, I will be polite and leave this thread - and all others like it - for good.

The legal definition of terrorism differs between countries and is in part dependent on the designation of a terrorist organisation. Broadly, it means unlawful use of violence and intimidation , especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
If someone claims that actions are taken for political purposes, it would appear that the police may have little choice in designation, but sometimes the choice of words is qualified, such as terrorist related. Ashton has been playing down suggestions of organised/orchestrated terrorism
In the Brighton case, the links may be clearer at the inquest, including how he got the gun.

Of course conspiracy theorists of this type view themselves as victims. They believe they are being conned by machiavellian government/nwo for nefarious purposes against their best interest.

Ive got enough to do in this thread without having my blood boil at the bullshit that none of those kids died in Sandy Hook.

Kudos for moving on.

11 Likes

Not really.
See, in my case, I was just highlighting something I thought was relevant, important, and intrinsic to the conversation.
In your case, however, you were just being a carnt. nasty person.

Reminder: overt dodging of the profanity filter, especially to describe another poster, may get you banned.

Fiddlesticks is fine, as you can see.

1 Like

How about shuzbut?

Banning is too severe. A stern tsk tsking would be more appropriate.

440,095 deaths from firearms in the USA from 2001-214. Interesting number I presume you didn’t extract that number from your ■■■■ and that you can cite a reputable source for it. American gun grabbers are notorious for their rubbery statistics. From memory the ever unreliable gun promoting FBI statistics page lists gun homicides which includes lawful shootings, ie police killing criminals, and armed citizens defending their lives, as well as killings by criminals, at around 11,000-12,000 per annum, which in a country of 330,000,000 is not to bad, considering a lot of those shootings are gang and drug related. So adding all those up for your time period gets you 140,000 so what’s the discrepancy. Gun grabbers like to claim 30,000 gun related deaths per annum. But they lump in gun suicides. Kinda like an advocacy group padding carbon monoxide suicides to road accidents and then demanding that the speed limit be reduced.
Your 3412 terrorist deaths I take it is for the USA alone. In which case thank you for making my point for me. The effectiveness of a terror campaign is not determined by raw numbers killed and maimed. But by the terrorists ability to wear down resistance, destroy civil rights, and undermine normal social behaviour, ie going to clubs and pubs football games etc. I would say they are well on their way to winning in Britain, France, and Germany. The political elites of those countries trade their insecurities of a generally armed populace against their safety provided by security services and armed bodyguards. They will always burn candles when it only people like us that are doing the dying. The British police advise the public to Run, Hide and Tell. The mantra from the USA is more like Stand Your Ground and Shoot Back. Which do think has a better chance of ending a terrorist attack.

Benjamin Franklin once said "That the tree of liberty is nourished by the blood of tyrants and patriots. Patriots in this context meaning citizens. While true, he being a politician is applying a sugarcoating to a grim reality. He left out that the tree of liberty is also nourished by the blood of innocents. Think Sandy Hook, think Port Arthur, and also think of the innocent Muslims, that will, I believe, will be clubbed to death in the streets by an enraged and frustrated populace, first in Europe, then who knows where. But not in the USA or Switzerland or for that matter the Czech Republic, hard to terrorise and intimidate a populace that is armed.

It is now officially confirmed that Sara Zelenak is the other Aussie victim, alongside Kirsty Boden.