London Bridge Attack

Worked well during boston, orlando, and san bernardino didn’t it?

3 Likes

Basically the horse’s mouth
http://www.anonews.co/isis-jihadists-agenda/

1 Like

Rubbish, You posted it, it was there, you knew it was there for people to read, you didn’t get any responses & kept quoting it till you did - that is trolling by any deifinition. If you’re going to get all pissy for being called out then don’t troll - simples!

The article is not really that important & certainly not intrinsic to the London attack, particularly I would have thought to the people here arguing these attacks are not related to Islam. This is a gesture of good will & like I said its a great start but its exactly what many people have been calling for from Islam in every country for the last 15 odd years. Its not insignificant but its hardly a game changer unless it somehow flows through the rest of the ME & into Europe.

1 Like

Nope, I think you fit the bill though.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll’s amusement.

You are ‘sowing discord’.
I’m trying to sow harmony, more fool me.

You quoted your own posts, that is trolling for a response. What else were you trying to achieve other than to start an argument? Did you think people had missed it, did you think the link didn’t work - no you were trolling for an argument on the article which was not really relevant to the conversation.

1 Like

In the interests of harmony I’m happy for the mods to make a decision. If quoting your own post 3 times is ok & not considered trolling then I’ll apologise for offending your sensitivities.

In the interests of harmony everyone could just play the ball and not the man. Not least because the spats are almost always boring.

6 Likes

So how many innocent people were killed in the Middle East that led to the attack?

Tehran, Iran (CNN)Multiple attacks have hit the Iranian capital of Tehran, according to state media.

12,253 in 2013, and if you exclude a 13% of the population by race you could cut that by 47%.
Murder rate in the U.S.A. is 3.9/100,000 and is ranked 107 in the world.

You have a higher chance of being murdered in Fiji.

I love statistics

P.S.
Brazil 50,674 in 2014.

This is one of those situations where we humble netizens don’t have full information to measure the scale of the problem.

Eg. Listing terrorist-caused deaths fails to capture any foiled planned attacks…It is like the challenge that companies have reporting safety, where the fatality rate is not the full story, so they have to come up with other injury statistics to paint a full picture.

The only ones that see the scale of the problem are ASIO. This is a time to listen carefully to their insights, and take heed of their recommendations about how we can live most safely, without watering them down through political lobbying.

This is no political watering down of the problem from the government.

Plus ASIO are speaking about what to do, and the appropriate risk, the media doesn’t do a very good job of reporting it actually

A quick google suggests the figures vary massively depending on whether you include suicides (62% of gun deaths in the US!) - apparently it averages around 32k p.a. if you do, which roughly matches the figure I posted. Of course inclusion depends on whether you are measuring murder by firearm or the effect of easy access to guns. Angry and desperate people will use whatever weapons they have access to in order to inflict damage on themselves or others. The easier the access, the more likely they are to use it. The more destructive the weapon the more damage they do. There was an ex-colleague of mine who fought with his wife, walked into the bedroom and blew his head off with a shotgun. Perhaps he would still be here if there wasn’t a loaded gun nearby and the anger was allowed to pass. Who knows.

Either way, I was responding to the ridiculous idea that arming the population would be beneficial in reducing terrorism. Whether you include suicides or not, the cure is worse than the disease.

2 Likes

Isis chief religious figure killed by airstrike in Mayadin, Syria.

2 Likes

I’m sure that will make Isis lay down their weapons now

2 Likes

Excellent. How many civilians did they kill in the process?

Copycat actions. I imagine that soon we are going to start seeing reports of retaliatory strikes by “concerned” citizens. Violence begets violence, sadly.

I’d said to myself that I would not post in this thread. It reminds me of the emotional responses in the Trump thread. It is a very serious issue though.
Anyway off topic but the reason for the post in this thread is that I’ve noted the issue here.
What is the deal with all of the video advertising that have stated appearing? I get that it is paying for the service but do they need to be video?

Another attack … this time in Iran’s parliament

The 2017 Ramadan Bombathon now up to 67 attacks/712 dead in 12 days

Eat a Snickers?