Looking towards the pies - ANZAC day

Melk got dropped for Anzac last year IIRC, and then blitzed second half of year. 
Cant see it happening for Carlisle but definitely needs a rocket. Bomber pretty much saying he isnt working hard enough. 

Melk got dropped for Anzac last year IIRC, and then blitzed second half of year. 
Cant see it happening for Carlisle but definitely needs a rocket. Bomber pretty much saying he isnt working hard enough. 

Difference is that Melksham knew he had what it takes to be a good midfielder.. he had done it consistently before.

Difference is that Melksham knew he had what it takes to be a good midfielder.. he had done it consistently before.

No he hadn't. He had shown glimpses of his talent with a good game here or there but never put a run of games together like he did in the back end of last year.

Low grade groin strain is usually 2 weeks isn’t it? Gee, I hope BJ gets up. Not only do we need his playing style, but his leadership too.

Don’t know if Belly will come in. Apparently BOG so you’d think he’s fit enough for seniors.

Licha will come straight in. What if Hocking misses? Who will tag Pendlebury? What about the midfielders going head to head? Is that an option?

i think he worked plenty hard enough when he was rucking against carlton and freo but he is getting lost as a fwd. i suspect though he wasn't helped by the stagnet ball movement that we have seen over the last few weeks.

i reckon he has also been a little underdone over the last few weeks. If he is left out i suspect it is because he is carrying something. If he isn't and the midfield functions better i think we'll see an improved performance.

I don't think we should underestimate the impact having his role jerked around as a result of the ruck situation has had. he has actually actually only played 1 full game as a fwd this year. no coincidence that it was arguably his best. certainly there were no work rate issues against norf.

he need a few games to settle in the new role just like hurely did. don't think we can judge his move fwd until tbell is back and he has had got some decent game time under his belt as a fwd.

hocking out would be a huge huge blow for a midfield, just like it has been every other time he has missed. had half a dozen on tackles and 5 clearances before he got subbed about halfway through.

i want to see this side this week

baguley, carlisle, fletcher

Gleeson, hurley,hibberd

Stanton,watson,zaka

chapman,hooker( at least he can take a mark in the forward 50)windelich

jetta, daniher,ryder

bellchambers,heppell, j.merrett

myers,melksham,hocking

sub.howlett

in.windelich,bellchambers

out: hardingham,ashby

matchups.

cloke-carlisle

white-hurley

goldsack-hibbers

baguley-elliott

zaka-sidebum

heppell-swan

Stanton-pendlebury

chapman-spudwell

windelich- not quite right( O'Brien)

Would be keen for some Hooker time up forward...bloke just judges the ball well

hocking out would be a huge huge blow for a midfield, just like it has been every other time he has missed. had half a dozen on tackles and 5 clearances before he got subbed about halfway through.

Spot on. 

If he misses though, I'd assume Howlett would get first crack at the tagging role. That could help him focus and maybe find some of the good form that has eluded him so far this year. 

Hooker to kick 8

Bombers by 92

Hooker looked ok when thrown forward for 5 minutes at the end of the game.

Hmm... why does this scenario sound familiar?  

Goddard has as much chance as Ambrose of playing. So was Smythy wrong re Paddys minimum 6 week absence from the snr side? Done a quad or two in my time...

Firstly you said 4 not 6
Secondly i havent seen anyone say you were wrong but wer all sick of you going on about it EVERY post

Spot on. 

If he misses though, I'd assume Howlett would get first crack at the tagging role. That could help him focus and maybe find some of the good form that has eluded him so far this year. 

Howlett has always struggled at the tagging role, and he wont make a dent on Pendlebury. 

Even though it would be throwing the kids to the wolves, I'd prefer to see us try one of our next tier of defensive stoppers, E.G. O'Brien or even give Aylett a crack . 

I couldn't see them doing any better or worse than Howlett, but it would at least give them some valuable experience.  

I'd be very surprised if Bellchambers comes back into the side. You don't miss a big chunk of preseason due to injury + surgery, play no practice matches, miss the first 4 rounds and come back into the seniors after only 1 VFL game. He should be another week away minimum.

Carlisle needs another week at least to see if Bomber's rocket has sunk in before he gets dropped.

Hardy and Howlett are the 2 in the gun this week for me. Hardy looks like he hasn't got any spring in his legs since he got subbed off against Carlton, and if he is can't fly for high marks he offers very little to the side. Howlett just isn't damaging enough to play as a half fwd/mid. Other than R1 2013 he hasn't shown any sign that he can be a creative, goal kicking small fwd. He is an in-and-under mid whose tackling and ball winning ability are his biggest assets. We shouldn't keep trying and shoehorn him into the fwd line.

Spot on. 

Howlett has always struggled at the tagging role, and he wont make a dent on Pendlebury. 

Even though it would be throwing the kids to the wolves, I'd prefer to see us try one of our next tier of defensive stoppers, E.G. O'Brien or even give Aylett a crack . 

I couldn't see them doing any better or worse than Howlett, but it would at least give them some valuable experience.  

Far enough, I just think we need to find a way of getting him involved in the play more. Maybe not playing him at half forward would help..

Not sure how NOB's knee looks, but I doubt he'll play this week. 

Aylett is an interesting one. He looked good in the VFL a couple of weeks ago, got plenty of the ball and generally used it well.

Expecting an inspired performance

It is clear from the press conference that bomber thompson is breathing fire

Hopefully the players come out and turn it on

Spot on. 

agree

Spot on. 

agree

any news on O'Brien's injury from the VFL?  I would suspect (and this is a total guess) that he'll miss this week.  Hopefully he's mentioned in the recovery room.

I'd be happy to see Aylett get a go.

Otherwise, what about Myers as a tagger?

Hooker looked ok when thrown forward for 5 minutes at the end of the game.

Hmm... why does this scenario sound familiar?  

Maybe we should play Hooker, Carlisle and Hurley back and throw them all forward in the last 5 minutes!