Looking towards the pies - ANZAC day

I wanna see Melksham in the guts! Licha takes his spot in the forward line.

The instruction this week to our better ball users needs to be that the first option is to move the ball forward, quickly. If we're at half back, look into the corridor. Too many of our players this week looked sideways first.
If we can be quick and clean in our ball movement, it won't allow Maxwell and Harry O to influence the play much. If we're stagnant, they'll kill us on the rebound.

Yep. Wouldn't mind Gleeson of HF. Quite creative and hits targets like Jerrett. Chappy closer to goal too thanks.
Is there word on Hocking? Need him as NOB apparently went down in the 2's

Out: Carlisle...Daniher at least got near it last night, but both are down on confidence; Hardingham and [b]Hibberd.[/b]

In: Bellchambers, Goddard, Winderlich

You have to be joking with most of things you say and say them just to get a reaction.

I reckon we'll win.

I would actually start Carlisle on Cloke and Hurley CHB on White and Hooker forward. I think Jake needs a role to play and give him the biggest job will help him. The Belly call is an interesting one. Hardingham I would keep because if Elliott gets off the chain he has th ability to shut him down and if Belly does play then he will get more freedom up forward.

That one really hurt, like the Melbourne game and can define our season.

I'm not at all confident next week, again in the space of a couple of weeks we have gone from something to nothing.

Only took 4 rounds last year to be playing for top spot too looking like a bottom 4 side, I really hope they just play with spirit despite win nor lose.

Oh Bomber put the mind control device on Zaka's head and play Saving Private Ryan for the next 5 days constantly as to be a trooper and do whatever it take go hard hard hard.

Out: Hardingham, Zaharakis, Ashby,

In: Bellchambers, Goddard, Winderlich,

B: Baguley, Hooker, Fletcher

HB: HIbberd, Hurley, Heppell

C: Goddard, Watson, Stanton

HF: Jetta, Carlisle, Zaharakis

F: Chapman, Daniher, Winderlich

R: Bellchambers, Hocking, Myers

Int: Ryder, Gleeson, J. Merrett

Sub: Howlett

The forwardline is not working Carlisle/Daniher and hasn't this year.

Time to make the change Bomber.

Either release Carlisle to the backline where he was in AA form and move Hurley forward or drop one of them.

I've seen enough high bombs into our forwardline hoping one of them takes a grab and other coaches sitting back sniggering knowing full well this is our game plan. What's possession footy if you only but lose it up forward.

We will be lucky to get within 5 goals of the filth, if hocking doesn’t play change that to 8 goals

Those who want Zaka dropped for Friday forget how he lifts for ANZAC Day.

Those who want Zaka dropped for Friday forget how he lifts for ANZAC Day.

If he needs Anzac Day to lift his game he shouldn't be in the team. What happens if he stinks it up on Friday, then where do we go. He is one of the most talented players on our list and he struts around the field at half pace believing his own hype.
I would be keeping howlett in the team before zaka, at least with howlett you know exactly what you are going to get.

Bring in the kids!!

If Zaka has a blinder Blitz will go into meltdown

I think with either belly or Ryder going forward will have a very positive effect on our forward line. It will reduce the quality of defenders on Carlisle and JD, add a marking target, and bring the ball to ground for Chappy, Licha and Leroy.

TBell in, and JD back to the magoos. The kid is trying, but is nowhere near physically ready.
he is not physically ready to have the oppositions best defender on him, no, but, he needs games where he is not our best forward on paper, and he needs games full stop
He needs to play in the magoos for a while as "the man". That's what his position demands he be, and he needs some time amongst players who are at his development level. And more drugs and gym time. I reckon Bags would win a strength comp against him. Having both your key forwards learning on the job at the same time is far from ideal as well imo. Joe is the future not the present. Nuture him, don't waste/break him.
going to have to disagree with you on that. If any forward has to be dropped and I don't want any of them to be, it has to be Carlilse. He has been shithouse. But back to joe, I think he needs to be in the seniors, as a forward, that's it, and one where the best defender is no on him. Dropping eithe just renders Belly and Paddy in effective

In my opinion, Carlisle was one of our top five players last year. He was certainly on track for All Australian before our season imploded and his workload increased ten fold. This season he's been taken out of his best position and put into the most dysfunctional forward line in the top eight (or nine). And now he's into the ruck, where he has no experience at AFL level. The main reason he's gone forward is because Thompson doesn't think Hurley can be effective in that role. Carlisle has sacrificed (or had sacrificed) his own game to fill a structural requirement for the team. To drop him is ridiculous. He's still the best defender in our team. If he's dropped, he's dropped to the backline. I understand that some people think he isn't trying hard enough up forward. Or in the ruck. I suspect he has no idea what he's meant to be doing. The forward line isn't working, our inside 50s are terrible and we're been missing our two most experienced goal kicking talls. Carlisle is the least of our problems.

Carlisle and JD have played 1.5 games in their position for the season.

The forwards weren’t the major issue last night, the slow ball movement and lack of run across the ground was.

It cost us forward and it cost us back and it was the whole team. If they weren’t underdone they were certainly not working as a team.

I don’t think last night sums us up.

People need to realize that Friday we're playing for 4 points. Take the fkn emotion out of the day as far as picking the team and put the best side on the ground. I don't care who lifts for the day or who's first Anzac game it is - if they weren't fkn good enough this week, they're not fkn good enough for next week.

FF: Bellchambers

CHF: Ryder

We're gonna win.

On all available evidence, you can only say that with blind faith.

You lot jump off us quicker than the tigers fans dump their lot after a loss. All of a sudden we’re a steaming pile of ■■■■■? We are a good side, have some fkg faith

Collingwood got done by 70 odd round one then beat sydney in sydney

Sydney have been rubbish and then yesterday turned on the switch and beat freo.

Sh*t happens. Teams have a bad week or two here and there. Thats footy

In - Winderlich, Goddard, Bellchambers

Out - Hocking (inj.), Daniher, Howlett, Essington, hang overs from playing in heat, rolling up to the game thinking we will win without the need for proper endeavor, Worker, Parasite.

You lot jump off us quicker than the tigers fans dump their lot after a loss. All of a sudden we're a steaming pile of ■■■■■? We are a good side, have some fkg faith
Collingwood got done by 70 odd round one then beat sydney in sydney
Sydney have been rubbish and then yesterday turned on the switch and beat freo.
Sh*t happens. Teams have a bad week or two here and there. Thats footy

You are so right .The game last week not only took its toll with us but also Freo. Must be something in that...Go Bombers to win.