Looking towards the pies - ANZAC day

I think with either belly or Ryder going forward will have a very positive effect on our forward line. It will reduce the quality of defenders on Carlisle and JD, add a marking target, and bring the ball to ground for Chappy, Licha and Leroy.

TBell in, and JD back to the magoos. The kid is trying, but is nowhere near physically ready.
he is not physically ready to have the oppositions best defender on him, no, but, he needs games where he is not our best forward on paper, and he needs games full stop
He needs to play in the magoos for a while as "the man". That's what his position demands he be, and he needs some time amongst players who are at his development level. And more drugs and gym time. I reckon Bags would win a strength comp against him. Having both your key forwards learning on the job at the same time is far from ideal as well imo. Joe is the future not the present. Nuture him, don't waste/break him.
going to have to disagree with you on that. If any forward has to be dropped and I don't want any of them to be, it has to be Carlilse. He has been shithouse. But back to joe, I think he needs to be in the seniors, as a forward, that's it, and one where the best defender is no on him. Dropping eithe just renders Belly and Paddy in effective.
Oh dear ...........................
So without Joe, Paddy and TBell are useless?
Just wow
Christ. I didn't say that. I'm saying Ryder and belly will be more effective forward when other key forwards are down there too. They where both good in that role last year when they shared a forward line with crameri and Hurley.

You did say ineffective after all, which is a close kin of useless.

Poor old Bassett has had a hard time. The injuries have all effected him.

First Kommer TBC and Winders then he engineers something with Ambrose and Goddard and they get injured. Plus Carlisle is injured too and Watson was a dioreah drained shell.

There is a lot to look forward to as these guys come back to fitness.

I think with either belly or Ryder going forward will have a very positive effect on our forward line. It will reduce the quality of defenders on Carlisle and JD, add a marking target, and bring the ball to ground for Chappy, Licha and Leroy.

TBell in, and JD back to the magoos. The kid is trying, but is nowhere near physically ready.
he is not physically ready to have the oppositions best defender on him, no, but, he needs games where he is not our best forward on paper, and he needs games full stop
He needs to play in the magoos for a while as "the man". That's what his position demands he be, and he needs some time amongst players who are at his development level. And more drugs and gym time. I reckon Bags would win a strength comp against him. Having both your key forwards learning on the job at the same time is far from ideal as well imo. Joe is the future not the present. Nuture him, don't waste/break him.
going to have to disagree with you on that. If any forward has to be dropped and I don't want any of them to be, it has to be Carlilse. He has been shithouse. But back to joe, I think he needs to be in the seniors, as a forward, that's it, and one where the best defender is no on him. Dropping eithe just renders Belly and Paddy in effective.
Oh dear ...........................
So without Joe, Paddy and TBell are useless?
Just wow
Christ. I didn't say that. I'm saying Ryder and belly will be more effective forward when other key forwards are down there too. They where both good in that role last year when they shared a forward line with crameri and Hurley.

You did say ineffective after all, which is a close kin of useless.

And seriously, Ryder's 0.6 goals a game is him being a good marking forward. Please.

Facts not fantasy.

If we get away with anything under an 8 goal loss then we’ve done well in this game…

Wouldn't be a game against Collingwood if we don't exit the stadium with our pants fkn pulled down at least once in the 2 occasions we play them ever year.

Can’t believe people want to drop Daniher before Carlisle.

Last night Carlisle took 3 marks, and was totally useless. At least Daniher (6 marks) actually presented and made a contest. When Daniher goes up the ground he gets more of the ball an his skills are good, Carlisle gets totally lost and barely gets a touch.

Honestly, Jay Neagle was a better player up forward than Carlisle.

Whilst we were pretty poor, im not jumping off yet. We are a better side than collingwood. I have no doubt the players went into the game with the mindset of “we are pretty good, will cruise along to a regulation 10 goal win” EVERYONE thought that, hell, adelaide beat them by nearly 90 and the crows arnt much chop. Yes, we got complacent and let our guard down, everyone was guilty of arrogance.

The biggest difference on anzac day will be mindset. We KNOW collingwood will not be a pushover and that we will have to be at our best to beat them, because they are in good form. When your not in a complacent mindset you will naturally play better, because you KNOW you have to. Id be very suprised if we dished up the same sort of footy against collingwood

we are a good side, we’ve had a bad two weeks but we are every chance to win anzac day. Why? Because when we play good footy, its better than anything the pies can dish up. Look at the first three rounds. If we play THAT type of footy, we will win.

I’m confident we’ll win. We’re the better team and we’ll be better for the loss. We had a bad day at the office, both on field and in the coaches box. ■■■■ happens.

Stupid but typically blitz bipolar to suggest we have no chance after that performance. Collingwood got flogged r1 and went to Sydney and knocked them off the next week. That’s modern footy, get a grip and man up.

We’ll be a much better team come Friday for many reasons, and half the players being ridiculed now will be good players next week. Relax, and enjoy the build-up. We’re in good hands.

Out: Carlisle...Daniher at least got near it last night, but both are down on confidence; Hardingham and Hibberd.

In: Bellchambers, Goddard, Winderlich

B: Baguley, Hooker, Fletcher

HB: Ashby, Hurley, Heppell

C: Goddard, Watson, Stanton

HF: Jetta, Ryder, Zaharakis

F: Chapman, Daniher, Melksham

R: Bellchambers, Hocking, Howlett

Int: Gleeson, Myers, J. Merrett

Sub: Winderlich

Emerg: Z. Merrett, Edwards, Aylett

I'm confident we'll win. We're the better team and we'll be better for the loss. We had a bad day at the office, both on field and in the coaches box. **** happens.
Stupid but typically blitz bipolar to suggest we have no chance after that performance. Collingwood got flogged r1 and went to Sydney and knocked them off the next week. That's modern footy, get a grip and man up.
We'll be a much better team come Friday for many reasons, and half the players being ridiculed now will be good players next week. Relax, and enjoy the build-up. We're in good hands.

I agree, although, we should probably ridicule the other half just a little more to make sure they're all good players next week :D

Going on the theory some of you are using, I would drop Stanton for being 1of the dumbest players on our list, but I will be shot down because he gets plenty of the ball.

Kicked 1/3 of our score, ran all night, presented an option all night
Your a muppet i'v never read a post from you that wasnt "drop stanton" just ■■■■ off

Out: Carlisle...Daniher at least got near it last night, but both are down on confidence; Hardingham and Hibberd.
HF: Winderlich, Ryder, Zaharakis

Why the hell would you drop hibberd?
In: licha, goddard
Out: ashby, hocking(inj) or hardy

HF: Winderlich, Ryder, Zaharakis

Why the hell would you drop hibberd?
In: licha, goddard
Out: ashby, hocking(inj) or hardy

The way he butchered the ball was scary. He wasn't alone on that score (Fletcher included), but, it didn't help.

Would rather keep Ashby in - least he showed he wanted to be out there.

Unbelievable when your 2 new recruits are meant to prop us up to win a flag now they are dependant on playing for us to win games.

Goes to show how well Watson has truly done in the past and how we have plodders who need a serious talking too.

I wanna see Melksham in the guts! Licha takes his spot in the forward line.

The instruction this week to our better ball users needs to be that the first option is to move the ball forward, quickly. If we're at half back, look into the corridor. Too many of our players this week looked sideways first.

If we can be quick and clean in our ball movement, it won't allow Maxwell and Harry O to influence the play much. If we're stagnant, they'll kill us on the rebound.

No farking way Hibberd gets dropped.

Get prepared for Harry O’Flog and Spudwell to be loose all game and tear us apart.

I would be genuinely shocked if we won and I think we are in for a demolition to be honest.

In: Bellchambers, Winderlich, Goddard

Out: Hocking (injured), Ashby, Merrett

I wanna see Melksham in the guts! Licha takes his spot in the forward line.

The instruction this week to our better ball users needs to be that the first option is to move the ball forward, quickly. If we're at half back, look into the corridor. Too many of our players this week looked sideways first.

If we can be quick and clean in our ball movement, it won't allow Maxwell and Harry O to influence the play much. If we're stagnant, they'll kill us on the rebound.

I'd go one step further and just play man-on-man football, so the loose man in the Collingwood defence isn't created.

No farking way Hibberd gets dropped.

Pazza's not very bright.
Sorry, but if you put Hibberd in your OUTS, then you are just fishing for attention.
The unwanted kind.

I think we (and not just us supporters), got a little too carried away with the Carlton win.

And we let the team off too easy for the loss last week. Both teams were coming off the back of a bad loss, but only one seemed to be looking for redemption.

The media will eat us alive this week. Hopefully that gets some sting into the playing group.