Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Didn’t say they were your words.
They’re Trumps words.
And flat out cuckoo crazy words they are, too.

Just trying to show you the difference between a conspiracy theory and an investigation based on evidence.
Are you with me yet?
It’s okay, I can keep going over this until you do.
I don’t mind.

1 Like

You need to stop taking everything so literally.

Trump is a very clever man and he has most of the Left running around in circles because he doesn’t play by the unspoken rule book. Instead of boring everyone to death like Obama he gets everyone’s attention with an outrageous short message. He then assesses the reaction and proceeds from there.

He’s you know, a very intelligent man, a very stable genius.

He says he is, so it must be true!

Dumb as a post.

1 Like

I think it’s lovely that he’d be received environmental awards.
But let’s look at his funny joke.
That he restated in the very next sentence, but you say I should be less literal, so let’s see the joke.

The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 6, 2012

Oh, my sides!
That’s hilarious!

I’m assuming you aren’t on the investigation team. Given that how would you know. Just let it run its course.

Give me stats the average person doesn’t care or think anything happened. Otherwise stop make generalisations that you speak for the people.

1 Like

Have you been in a Court of Law lately ?

While in theory our legal system works on the theory of presumption of innocence, just try going to court as the defendant and sit there and say nothing and have nothing said in defence, and even not having a barrister.

You might expect that the Police have to prove their case, but my experience in most Magistrates Court in particular is that if you just expect innocence will prevail, then you are toast.

The point he is making is that he is sick of the US dancing to the climate change drum whilst countries like China don’t, therefore making US companies more noncompetitive globally.

All world leaders do it - some more extreme than others.

Here are some from Obama:

Does he mean that imagination literally solves problems?

Obama said this post election in 2008. Again, I don;t think he meant this literally but rather as a figure of speech. If we took this statement literally then it would read that Obama thinks that he alone has the power to halt climate change.

Obama on best how to handle US foreign policy.
Now I’m sure his entire foreign policy had a bit more nuance than that.

There are many, many more.

If anyone’s interested in taking up the troll’s latest, it could be respite from the Trump derangement thing :

“China is also investing more than $US100 billion a year in domestic renewable energy projects — more than double the US figure. At about $US32 billion, its investment in green technology overseas is also the largest in the world.”

I have to dips me lid to you though E12, that stuff about Bush looking for an “excuse to invade Iraq”, phew! Intoxicating stuff. Your undies are showing and you don’t mind anyone knowing!

2 Likes

Why would ‘imagination can solve problems’ need to be taken metaphorically?

You don’t force them, you influence them, through false news, ironically.
Through Facebook ads mainly, in four key states, I think it was. They were blasted with ads.
Then there are all the Russian trolling bots on social media.
Zuckerberg is even coming out and saying he is going to fix the Facebook algorithm so it doesn’t happen again.
Interesting bit is that it has been happening for years in various European countries apparently, Russian state trying to influence their elections, but living on the Russian doorstep they are a bit more aware and a little more prepared for what the bear on their doorstep is trying to do. They have had counter measures for some time.

2 Likes

Wish he shared that one with your mate

Would have been pointless.

You can’t counter that deep rooted a default setting.

Turns out the Kenyan wasn’t even inaugurated when the decision was made to move.

4 Likes

I mean, SURELY she peed on him, right?

At least that would explain that peculiar orange hue.

1 Like

Oooh, in before Trip - unnamed sources? Pah-lease! When will you truthers get it #MAGA

2 Likes

Thoughts on this piece?

1 Like

Raises some good points.

It is quintessentially American to focus the hate on Trump because he is an arrogant figurehead of high profile, but the reality is that had any of the other Republican candidates won then the agenda would be identical, they’d just ■■■■ everyone over in a more polished manner.

3 Likes
1 Like

Coincidence? I think not…
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-denied-shithole-comment-after-fox-and-friends-told-him-to-walk-it-back?ref=home

7:06 Fox says Trump should walk back shithole comment
7:28 Trump denies it happened (despite Whitehouse pretty much admitting it and Republican senators explicitly admitting he said it)