Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

A tale of two cultures:

Australia: gun amnesty, more the 25,000 weapons handed in

US: gun freedom, mass murder/terrorism

1 Like

America has about 30 gun homicides a day. ‘Tis but a blip.

(And many more suicides/accidents.)

joint’s farked.

2 Likes

The two bills relating to gun control that were to be introduced to Congress this week are asking for the relaxation of restrictions on the sale of silencers/suppressors (I forget which is correct term), and also armour-piercing rounds.

ISIS have repeated their claim. Even given the shooter an Arabic name. No word on whether that amounts to anything more than desperation on their behalf.

There is supposed to be an actual fully automatic rifle found. As opposed to a modified/augmented semi-auto. Legally owned fully automatic weapons have only been used in crimes 3 times since 1934. I haven’t seen anything on how he obtained it, legally or otherwise.

media reporting weapon was a modified AR-15 semi automatic with bolt on “GAT crank” trigger, for as little as $50USD turning into full auto weapon

only in the US!

Ah, I just read something on an actual full-auto being found. Maybe what I read is wrong.

What I was reading was full-auto weapons are very difficult to obtain, even in Nevada, while it’s much easier to simply modify a semi-auto…madness

There was nothing “Semi” auto in those gun bursts. Sounded like machine gun fire.

That was part of the point of the article. Talking about the unusual aspects of the shooting from the little we know so far. Anyway, I guess time will tell.

The speed, pattern and inconsistent rate of gunfire heard in videos of the Las Vegas shooting indicate the suspect could have used cheap and legal modification devices to accelerate the firing of a semi-automatic weapon to almost 700 rounds a minute.

2 Likes

Thank you.

On a brighter note George Foreman challenged Steven Seagal to a fight, one on one.

2 Likes

lel…

Cheap and legal. It boggles the mind.

11,625 people killed by guns in the US so far in 2017. This includes accidents, suicides, domestic violence, and mass shootings.

Insanity.

I think i saw that theres more mass shootings in the usa during a year than there is days in a year.

Before and after learning it was an old white guy.

The general definition is a terrorist commits acts in the name of or for a political aim/cause.

1 Like

As H Rap Brown said a long time ago, violence is American as cherry pie

That’s not so bad

We’ve had 4500

Since 1996

I’ll never forget that ■■■■■■■■ in the paris thread that said something like 'If this had happened in the states someone would have shot back". Idiot.