Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

From article.

Michael Oles of Good Jobs Nation assisted in putting together this piece.

Morgan Stanley (that ultra leftist commie company) just did a survey with companies on their plans to spend the tax cut. Shocking news below:

1 Like

Rachel Brand, #3 at the DOJ, is planning to step down. If Trump fired Rosenstein, or if Rosenstein had to recuse given there is the possibility Mueller could interview him as part of his investigation, then she would have been in charge of the Special Counsel. Who her replacement will be is quite important.

Assisted? Reckon he more than assisted.

Why do you give a ■■■■? Does it change the story the fact that it’s well crafted? Do you think the worker is a dupe who’s had words imposed on them? What’s your main issue?

Trump can’t spell his own name and he’s on the throne.

1 Like

My issue is that if that story is made up, or embellished for effect, it reduces the credibility of those who are attempting to highlight the inconsistencies in Trump’s pre-election promises and post election actions. Let the bloke who lost his job tell his story in his own words. That would be countless times more powerful than what was presented in that tarted up article.

That’s a fair point, but you seemed to imply it might be a fabrication because it was well written.

It still might be.

Nah. These things happened, this is just one man’s story, verifiable, he exists, got help putting the piece together, acknowledged by a publication which, while proudly liberal, is known for extremely reliable factual reporting. There’s a shitload of actual fake news out there you could question, most of it coming from the loony right and the present US administration. Strange beef to pick

Not really. In an era where its hard to trust anything anymore, I’m surprised anyone would wholeheartedly accept something coming from a publication that ‘proudly’ wears it’s ‘liberal’ bias as a badge of honour.

Well, my word ‘proudly’, and I should have said unapologetically. The part about being high on factual accuracy is probably pertinent as well. I think you just fished for something that isn’t there. Trump used that company as a vehicle to lie about how he was all for the working man, and this guy is calling him out for it. Seems entirely legit to me. And frankly not all that well written in any case.

1 Like

But that won’t affect Trump.

Ummm,… losing the Senate, and possibly the House, renders him fairly screwed.

2 Likes

Currently the house is 50:50 and the senate is safe for the GOP. Dems need a +10% win to have a chance at the Senate. Currently around 6%.

If Trump tweets less and the GOP doesn’t shoot itself in the foot, they may just hold on.

I thought the 18 months thing was a reference to him getting impeached.

From a purely cold-blooded strategic point of view, if the Dems have any brains they won’t impeach Trump (unless Mueller or somone comes back with an absolutely smoking gun, and even then they should be cautious).

The mid-term elections are looking like being a landslide (Dems have won special elections in Alabama and Missouri recently with swings of ~30% ffs) and republicans all over the place are ‘announcing their resignations’ before they get turfed. I don’t think many republican voters are actively changing sides, but I suspect there’s not a lot of enthusiasm for them to get out and actively vote right now while the Dem voters are as motivated as hell. Odds on the Dems will regain at least one chamber of the house. This lets them put the brakes on the worst of his bullshit, block his boneheaded judicial appointments etc, while still shackling the Repubs to him in the minds of the voters. If Trump is impeached and Pence takes over the repubs can pretend it was all a bad dream and all Trump’s fault, just like the disaster that was the GW Bush presidency has been conveniently lost down the memory hole. If Trump remains prez til the 2020 elections, the Dems stand a decent chance of coming out of the 2020 elections with the presidency and big majorities in both houses (especially given the recent trend of republican gerrymanders being struck down by the courts)

Then, first order of business after the elections should be statehood for Puerto Rico (which has a bigger population than several states already), who after the utter neglect under Trump will not vote repub any time soon. Voila, a big new democratic voting bloc and a solid bunch of reliably dem electoral votes. Makes it very hard for the republicans to win back power for a looong time.

4 Likes

Copy. Still no response from e12?

1 Like

Sounds strategy. I think their student loans are a big issue and presumably the dems would address that too. And healthcare.

LOL as if.

1 Like

I always thought the neglect shown by trump for puerto rico was a bit of exaggeration and just political posturing by the governor. And are you saying that puerto rico voted republican previously?