Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Kind of like abolishing drink-driving and speeding laws and then ‘In no way, blaming anyone but the driver.’

30 or 40 shot.
17 killed.

And again, how would you propose getting these 25-30 to change their minds?

You need to come up with the path to that solution, not just the solution itself.
Any idiot can see the solution. Getting to that solution is the difficult bit.

Hashtag thoughts and prayers.

Present company excepted, of course.

1 Like

You still refuse to answer the question.
Is there any evidence that this shooter would not be able to get access to that firearm under previous gun laws?

And of course, the answer is there is no evidence because you cannot control what a human can do. Only possible solution would be to lock up anyone who has shown any propensity to violence.

The NRA isn’t the problem, spineless elected officials are.

1 Like

This…
You’re…
I need to choose my words carefully here, because you’re ■■■■■■■ me off and I don’t want to let that get in the way…

But this…
How you could write this…
How you could honestly(?) believe that no-one talked about gun control here before Trump became President…
I mean, there’s ignoring facts to suit your position, we all do that from time to time, but this is just a massive reality shift.
And it’s scary in its sheer size.

I…I don’t think anyone cares enough about politics to recreate history in their own head that much.
Seriously, it’s frightening.

1 Like

Some of you TDS sufferers seem to have this ridiculous assumption that Obama enacted a wholesale ban on firearms and that Trump overturned it.

The fact is Obama put in a law that was very poorly worded and which disability advocates argued discriminated against them.
Is someone suffering anxiety. mentally ill?
Should someone suffering anxiety, be put on a national mental illness register?

These are difficult questions to answer. Kudos to Obama for trying though but I understand both perspectives here in regards to that law being overturned.

1 Like

What did he replace that law with?

The point is not whether the rolled-back legislation would have prevented this specific shooting.
The point is that gun control is effective and Trump & co. are deliberately rolling it back.
As far as I am concerned, all US politicians (Republican and Democrat) who legislate on behalf of the NRA have blood on their hands.
If there was a hell they would be going there.

Where in this thread did anyone ‘blame’ Trump for the shooting?

1 Like

Padding out the thread like this question was never asked.

You’re probably on mute.

1 Like

A society with way too many guns, and far too many people on anti depressant and anti psychotic medication.

It’s a dangerous combination, and while the underlying mental health issue is obviously a factor in all this, it’s the over prescription of these medicications (to many people who not only don’t need them, but shouldn’t be taking them at all) that worries me the most.

It’s such a painfully sad situation.

3 Likes

■■■■.
You’ve got me.
I’d forgotten the US was a feudal system.

1 Like

That’s the scary bit?

There are obviously plenty of scary bits.

But if you reckon the NRA have political pull, try tackling big pharma’s stranglehold on the US.

1 Like

Farking Troll. You are a low troll

Pharma donated less this year and last year than the guns/defence lobby: so, no.
Big sway, yes.

Plus there’s a (relatively) effective, modern, national safeguard in the FDA.

When the cops need to chase the serial number of a gun already used in a shooting, someone has to look through a card catalogue FFS.
Because FREEEEEEDOM

Take off the tin foil.

1 Like