Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Also has nearly solved the Korean issue which no world leader has been able to do for almost 30 years.

But let’s focus on a two bit ■■■■ star whose credibility is tenuous at best. Oh and those Russian Facebook ads that supposedly convinced the American public to vote for him.

Ahh, the Left. The Kings & Queens of trivial issues that no ordinary person cares about.

4 months later and it’s still hilarious.

8 Likes

14 more months and won’t matter.

4 Likes

Do you really think that? You don’t think NK are just playing the West like they have been doing for the past 50 years? There is fair reason to believe that a) they have suspended their missile program because their last test blew the launch pad so they are buying time while they reconstruct b) The dear leader is trying play up his potential as a statesman to the locals.

1 Like

I have no faith in Trump’s ability to solve the Nth Korea issue. The fact that he has agreed to a meeting isn’t impressive. Nth Korea has been trying to get a meeting with an American President for 30 years, America has rejected it each time.

Don’t get me wrong, the best thing for the world is Trump succeeding here. I’m 100% barracking for him to sort this out. If he succeeds, he deserves and should receive massive credit for it. I just expect him to Essington it.

Yep Trump is solving the Korean peninsula crisis by literally not being in the room.

Don’t give me the Mad Man strategy.

3 Likes

China might have a bit of influence , given that one of the the NK nuclear sites is on the China border and given China’s historic support for NK.

Like Leonard Nimoy on the Simpsons. Kudos if it works. Though Trump will be in the room soon enough if he can let go of his own obsession with the issues E12 has earmarked as trivial for a few days.

1 Like

Neil Cavuto had a real crack at Trump’s dishonesty in a long monologue. Joins Shep Smith one of the very few FoxNews anchors to use their platform to call the President on his compulsive bullshit. The Wall Street Journal editorial board with an opinion piece pushing the same idea: that his disregard for the truth is damaging his Presidency. Some push back from Trump friendly sources.

A US journalist interviewed here noted that lies have been told by past Administrations, but limited by a sense of shame lacking in Trump - he doesn’t care about being caught out.
In the scheme of things, the money laundered through Cohen for Stormy Daniels may not matter much, but if the FBI and the SDNY have in their possession files seized from Cohen relating to money laundered for Trump involving Trump family property dealings …

Who on earth cares?
Biggest waste of time and money - its gone from Russian collusion to now this.

I think most people would prefer that the FBI concentrated on their core business of catching crooks and terrorists instead of focusing on this trivial nonsense.

You are correct, crooks and terrorists like Trump et al.

2 Likes

So Trip, paying bribes is not crooked behaviour ?

1 Like

Certainly they all do it to varying degrees, whether strategically or stupidly. The regularity with this admin seems to be what is new, and yes that lack of shame. Perhaps also how little his supporters care. They’ll lie about the most ridiculously insignificant things, inauguration crowd sizes for example, to protect the big fellow’s fragile ego and then when there is any push back they double down with the “Fake News can’t be trusted” routine. The role of Press Secretary has been reduced to that of the Iraqi Information Minister over such trivialities. Likewise the President’s claims about the magnitude of his electoral college win which could be accurately refuted in moments. A rather amazing victory wasn’t enough for him, he insisted that everyone swallow a Kim Jong Untruth.

Rudy Giuliani has released a statement trying to unsay a few of the things he said on Foxnews’ Hannity re:The payments to Stormy Daniels and the reason for Coney’s firing.

Politicians have always bent the truth about crowd sizes and margins of victory.
Press Secretary’s are always covering their boss’s ■■■■. If they weren’t, then they are not doing their job. They are not called spin doctors for nothing.

But its only now that the leftist media have decided that such insignificant items are now worthy of lengthy opinion pieces. Everyone sees through it and thats why the average voter just does not care.

Always left v right with you isn’t? What a narrow blinkered make believe world you inhabit.
I’d almost feel pity for you if you weren’t such a toss pot.

7 Likes

Err, I’m not so sheltered as to believe that there are not different viewpoints out there. Politics is generally left vs right. That is the reality of the world. Just because you would like it to not be so does not mean it isn’t.

Seems silly that your man cares as much as he does then.

1 Like

I’m guessing money laundering is more important to them than Pizzagate, Seth Rich and, Obama’s fake birth certificate.

8 Likes