Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

He’s on video bringing several large bags up over a period of days in the lead up to a large festival. A single occupant with several large different bags over several days. I don’t know one way or the other but given the climate they’ve created over there you’d think there’s a case for duty of care or what have you. If the victims were hotel clients I suppose it’d be more clear cut.

1 Like

The staff do changeover and can often be busy doing other work so to assume that just because a guy comes in with bags over a period of time doesn’t mean they are going to see him doing that. For all they know he leaves with it and comes back with it.

1 Like

For all the hotels, and all the guests, and all the bags, and all the security measures, and the impact on travellers. The costs would make it almost impossible to stay in a hotel. Yeah, maybe if your hotel is opposite the Whitehouse, but it’s totally unworkable.

Just ban bullets.

Then you’d have a guy in a room just saying ‘pew, pew, pew…’ and no one gets hurt.

2 Likes

True but they hired security to oversee and presumably pick up on unusual behaviours. Like I said I don’t know either way but they’ve made a big uncomfortable fear based bed over there and must lie in it.

So you support the monitoring and searching of hotel users’ bags?

:expressionless:

No. But I can see why this massive hotel group is preemptively sueing the families of victims in the USA. If they didn’t think they were a chance of being found liable they wouldn’t be doing it. Extremely Litigious, terrorised (from within more than without) society. We should rename Blitz “Temple of Straw Men”.

According to the first article, they’re not doing it preemptively. They’re already being sued. This is a submission to the judge in that case.

Sure. I don’t have a strong opinion on it, but I can see how it’s come about, how it was always going to. It’s as messy as it gets in first world scenarios.

https://i.imgur.com/MSqV9C6_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

10 Likes
7 Likes

Reportedly it is connected to an immunity Act established post 9/11, under which the owners of a building certified to a defence standard are immune from prosecution for attacks conducted on/from the building.
It is a different issue from how many guns or types of guns should be allowed to be in a person’s possession under the law and how any such law could be enforced.

FMD

1 Like

I truly believe that he is mentally unstable. No rational person behaves the way he does.

1 Like

Yep

Yeah but it really opens up the book on liability.

What if he way staying in an apartment via Airbnb - would Airbnb be liable? of the owners of the property?

We had police contact us, turns out a guest was part of an international crime syndicate and he was using our place as a half way place. I quickly shut down the listing and realised I would never list on Airbnb again.

Alternate facts

1 Like

“Haterz”

1 Like

So now he’s rolled back his roll back? Denies that Russia are continuing to target the US, by saying ‘no’ to a question along those lines.

Then The Huck said later that he was actually only saying ‘no’ to taking any further questions.

Couldn’t make it up (wait, yes you could)

1 Like

ive always been curious to know what other presidents lie count would be at at the same point in time. Id be surprised if it were any lower to be honest. 3 lies/ dishonest moments per day seems quite low.

Here you go. This article is 7-months old but Trump has only accelerated is lying since: