Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Trumps excuse is he said would instead of wouldn’t.

Can’t make it up.

Yep, really changes the context of everything he said before and after that as well, doesn’t it?

1 Like

“I wouldn’t grab her by the ■■■■■.”

6 Likes

“Don’t Grab ’em by the ■■■■■. You can’t do anything. You know, I’m not automatically attracted to beautiful — I don’t just start kissing them. It’s not like a magnet. Don’t Just kiss. I wait. And when you’re a star, they don’t just let you do it. You can’t just do anything”

4 Likes

Remember when Obama was the apologist. At least he apologised for things America actually did. Not take the rap for the Russians.

3 Likes

When you say “preemptive”, the first article said “MGM Resorts International filed a complaint in federal court Monday in a case brought by victims of the Las Vegas massacre”…

If that article is correct, its not preemptive, its reacting to people trying to sue them. And no, I don’t think they have any liability at all. I do not expect hotels to start searching my bags. In fact, I’m definitely against it.

1 Like

It’s a fascinating situation that’s unfolded really.

There’s no doubt now that the US has actually elected a president who is beholdent to a foreign power, and is serving the interests of that power. Quite an incredible scenario, and I’ve been hesitant to make that conclusion, but without a doubt that’s where it’s now at. The press conference, but more importantly the details of the Maria Butina indictment make it clear, in my view.

1 Like

I agree with you and @FuriousGeorge that hotels searching bags for no reason would be weird and a violation of rights. That said, the shooter had an absolute arsenal up there and managed to get that into his room without any issues at all. It wasn’t just 1-2 suitcases. It’s a tough one I agree but at the same time the optics of “suing the victims” are not the best.

So you’re saying if you have over X bags, they search them? What if you’re parked, and you bring them up one at a time? Its just ridiculous.

There was another arrest by the Department of Justice. Maria Butina, a Russian national is accused of being an unregistered foreign agent and, helped by an unnamed US citizen, attempting to exploit the NRA as a pathway to influence politicians.

We’re conditioned to this backflip because he does it daily. Pre-Chump, backflipping was seen as the least desirable of characteristics in a leader but things have changed. He does it all the time so he gets away with it. It’s ‘what he does’.

There is not another leader in living memory or from further back who could get away with what Chump does.

3 Likes

He’ll get angry that he was forced to backflip and backflip the backflip soon enough. That’s the other thing he does.

4 Likes

He couldn’t give a stuff.

He’s a compulsive liar. Will say whatever is required.

2 Likes

Hanson had a pretty good go at it recently.

The majority of people, I am assuming, have to fly to a particular location to stay at a hotel, in which case your bag is xrayed anyhow. Dont see why a hotel x-raying a bag or indeed searching it/ using some other metal detecting device is so outrageous.

As did Abbott.

1 Like

Which might be fine, if it was the only thing he said. The very next thing he said was that he believed Putin’s denial.

1 Like

Noticed that but she’s a fringe-dwelling idiot. We knew she was an idiot back in 98 and nothing has happen since to change that view.

We’ve never seen the person in charge behave like Trump does. Even J Carter, who is universally considered to have run a poor administration didn’t insult and undermine his country’s key institutions like Chump does almost daily.

His disciples in the conservative media must be running low on confidence after that deplorable Helsinki performance.

1 Like

At some point Murdoch will turn on him.

He’s been a useful idiot thus far. Tax cuts etc. Murdoch is going for his mega deal with Disney, once that’s gotten through I suspect you might see a change.

Murdoch loves self interest in his politics but no way does he support this clown.

and a huge slurpee.