Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Good people need to keep speaking out:

Why are the good stars going to war? Sentence makes no sense otherwise.

This board would do well to investigate Ellison and maybe comment on whether the Dems should be endorsing him for anything.

Here you go.

I trust his accuser. She has no reason to lie.

1 Like

I appreciated good Star Wars for years before bad Star Wars showed up.

2 Likes

It’s a tricky one. Claiming to have video and texts and then not producing the video and only cropped, non-smoking gun texts raises a lot of doubts around the accusations. I think there are a lot more grey in these accusations than many, and the timing didn’t really allow for investigation. Hopefully more evidence can be found to vindicate one of the parties.

Generally the Dems have been far superior to the Republicans in this space.

1 Like

Maybe, until she opens her mouth

Trish is hot, though.

2 complaints, not just one

Why are we talking about the AG for a state?

Is supposed to be some moral equivalence thing.

Isn’t it just the son, without producing the evidence, and then his mum backing him up, also without producing the evidence?

Amy Alexander was the first complaint with a 911 call as backup.

Based on the 1 article I read several days ago, my understanding is:

• There is a several years old complaint by a woman who has claimed that he abused her during a period they were having an affair. He has previously taken out a restraining order against her, and claimed that there was no affair.
  • The current accuser’s son claimed that he’d seen him abuse his mother on a video, and released that a day or two before the vote. His mother then backed her son, claimed that the (single) incident occurred while they were in a relationship, and proceeded to released text messages. The text messages did not corroborate the statements, and also appear to be cropped. Ellison has agreed that the relationship was real, but has refuted that any abuse occurred. The accuser claims she’s lost the video.

As I said, IMO it appears pretty grey. Either/both could be lying. To claim you have it on video and tweets to support, and then not be able to produce anything, does IMO damage her credibility. However, its likely there will be further information. If the claims appear credible, hopefully the Dems kick him out.

I am sure they will if it gets proven. Any party that kicks out a sitting Senator (Al Franken) over inappropriate photos has already set a higher standard than the other side.

:anguished:

By uncompressed I meant Dolby Atmos delivered via a TrueHD container. A 7.1 bitstream with Atmos metadata. As opposed to lossily compressed via a Dolby Digital+ container.

Dolby Atmos streaming coming to the Apple TV4K by the end of the year ‘Boot!

Now back to Trump being a giant orange ■■■ balloon.

Woah that’s a blast from the past.

Its like she thought she was running in the republican primary

3 Likes

Can’t open the link.