Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

She won’t go anywhere.
That one is fully bought and paid for.

3 Likes

But people expect moral leadership from the POTUS, don’t they? Where are the questions?

People feel sorry for her, why go after her.

They went after Hillary becuase she was a public figure both then but also now.

1 Like

So Trump has come out and praises Manafort for not breaking and derided Cohen for pleading guilty.

Every now and then you have to step back and go wow. This is the head of the US government explicitly saying it’s not about breaking the law it’s about protecting him. Absolutely unbelievable, how he gets away with this is shocking. He is supposed to uphold the law.

3 Likes

He’ll tell you (via twitter) he is the law.

I just heard an excerpt from a Trump interview with Fox today where he now openly acknowledges hush payments but insists that there is no problem with this as he used his own money and not money from his election campaign. The interviewer either deliberately or conveniently neglected to ask him about the moral implications of the affairs and the impact it would have have on his standing as the POTUS.

The US President openly admitted to farking around on his wife twice and paid money to keep it quiet and he wasn’t asked about it.

Serious question. Are we in a parallel universe and no one told me about it?

3 Likes
1 Like

She’s a figurehead, more than likely known about it from day dot. I’d be surprised if they didn’t have separate bedrooms.

Seperate houses

So we are at the point where the only reason Trump isn’t facing charges is because he is President, and his core are trumpeting that as a win. It’s been a long retreat to this point.

2 Likes

And it is the moral majority evangelicals who are his most ardent defenders on this front. Lots of things about the Trump timeline indicate a slip into an alternate universe. Trump likes to whinge incessantly about how he is treated harshly, but looking at his history he has been allowed to skate past a lot. Like a LOT lot.

3 Likes

The changes aren’t that great. Republicans jump on anything Democrats do, and don’t care what their own team do, while Democrats have slowly becoming more and more firm on these issues, which hurt Hillary at the last election.

Lol

3 Likes

HE JUST ADMITTED TO CHEATING ON HIS WIFE THEN COVERING IT UP!

THE FARK IS GOING ON?

1 Like

I’m not really sure what you’re confused about here??

It was Channel Trump.

Thought it was common knowledge that they did, and have done for a long time.

IT"S AMERICA, WHERE MORALS ARE SOMETHING YOU LECTURE ABOUT, NOT SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS!

THEY DON"T CARE!

FAKE SOCIETY!

4 Likes

It’s not something I’ve ever looked to confirm. In any case, I can’t imagine what Mrs T would see as a dealbreaker

If he was poor?

2 Likes

Oh, definitely. And if only…