Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

1 Like

And the tax cut was only passed because the GOP congressional leaders kept him away from it after being burned by his previous efforts at dealmaking.

What a day.

2 Likes

I hope I’m never in a position where I need to lawyer up.

Moral of the story, hire good lawyers not 2 bit mobster wannabes.

Sounds good when they will do anything you ask, but sometimes a lawyer telling you no is a good thing.

1 Like

I’m still farkin glad Hilary Clinton isn’t president.

I mean that’s why they have Trump right.

She would have been a a nightmare.

I know that is sarcasm, but yes she would have been, but in a different way.

I am intrigued: is it a crime to pay someone off to keep quiet? Or is the crime that they used campaign funds (if they did)?

Campaign funds. And, that it was at behest of a Presidential candidate trying to stop a bad story from influencing an election.

1 Like

Really? In what ways?

Reckon that’s what will happen.

The upside of Trump is that the Democrats will need to lift their game to beat him. Thankfully Clinton will be nowhere near the presidency and the Democrats will put forward a better candidate.

Dunno eh. He’s popular amongst a lot of voters. Perhaps not for all the controversial stuff, but the Democrats would be foolish to just focus on that.

The USA is in a positive economic cycle at the moment, even with his trade war.(the later is what IMO his opponents could genuinely attack him on).

There is also the suggestion that he failed to disclose his $35k month debt invoiced payments to Cohen as part of his disclosure statements. That could be a criminal offence

1 Like

Trump is not that unpopular and his recent idiocy has not made his popularity any worse.
Approval was at its worst in December 2017. Go figure.

There’s 2 things that hides.

1. The support among independents has declined since the election. His base still like him, but the swing voters aren’t as happy.
  2. The strength of the support has dropped from “very” to “somewhat”, whereas the intensity of dislike has increased. This is a good indication of voter enthusiasm, many are tolerant of the guy but won’t take time off work to voluntarily vote.
1 Like

3 Likes

There is a LOT to unpack in this front page. Every headline a reflection on our times.

1 Like

Mrs Trump holds the key here. Even though it doesn’t seem like it, so called ‘family values’ mean a lot to huge numbers of people over there. Should she decide to leave Trump due to his now confirmed fooling around, it would do massive if not irreparable harm to his support among moral conservatives.

She has avoided the question pretty well so far but this now confirms her public humiliation. Pregnant with their youngest at the time, too.

Funny how attitudes to presidential sleaze have changed over 20 years. H Clinton was attacked for being weak for supporting William when his indulgences went public but so far, Melania has avoided any serious scrutiny.

Why the fark does this board put your quotes in posts you’ve never even quoted?
■■■■■ me.