Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

I wish in those graphs they also included a column for all those eligible voters whom didn’t vote.

4 Likes

Great, great, point. Those are the ones who should truly be ashamed. At least the ones who could have voted easily…

I really wish more in this Country would.

We slip closer to the American way every day the Neo Cons and their RW loons and Nazi cohorts are Governing, … little by little, but very surely, the “Fair Go” is has been incrementally watered down by Tory trickle down crap and other associated bullshit.

I’m feeling a little bit hopeful that the latest round of Rupert / 2GB flog ordered Prime Minister removal has served to get quite a few more folks awake up to it all, … but I’m not sure how long that will last.

Also, despite the standard barbs and stock elbow ribbing terms oft used to wind up the Gen Y’s & Millenials, I’ve recently come to think they may be more tuned in than is regularly spouted, and the joint has a good chance of being a lot better when they become more voiced and wise over the next decade, and finally push the Dinosaurs off the mortal edge and out of the Political Landscape.

One might even call that the Final Solution to Australias decline, … ironically.

Trump said CNN should be ashamed to employ such a rude journo as Acosta. White House then doctors video to show Acosta assaulting the intern.
There could be a few Americans who might be ashamed to have such a rude and lying President who would stoop so low. As Obama said there is a need for civility in US politics.

7 Likes

Compared to us it’s about 35 vs 80, bigger difference than I thought.

But you have to adjust for currency, taxes, cost of living etc.

Mass shootings are classed in the US as 4 or more dead.

At 307 of these for 2018, there has been almost one mass shooting PER DAY over there this year.

Some of the poor barstards that escaped this latest one in SouCal, had actually been escapees from the one last year when the nutter went spare from a Hotel window firing randomly into a concert crowd of 20,000 in Las Vegas.

FMD!!

The median does not capture those who fall through the cracks — e.g. I had a massive melanoma chopped off and various scans/surgery/etc since 2016. Basically for free. May totally screw someone in the USA sans insurance (which costs a bomb). And if it had spread… well, die or be ruined financially. That’s no way to run a society.

2 Likes

60% of folks who get cancer in the US exhaust all their life savings within 2 years.

1 Like

Yes. 2000-2006 was Bush + 2016-18 Trump. 2008-2010 Obama.

I think!

1 Like

Dems take the lead in Arizona, all the talk about the greens was much ado about nothing.

Great article on the existence of the “blue wave” and an electorate more divided than ever along educational and racial lines.

1 Like

Finally someone who gets it.

That’s because the Greens had nothing to do with it.

The Arizona Green Party never endorsed Angela Green

First off, the Arizona Green Party never endorsed Angela Green, and disavowed her candidacy after they found out she had taken their ballot line without consulting them. https://t.co/w6FBT2vttR

— Dave Schwab :sunflower: (@FreeDaveSchwab) November 8, 2018

He really is a disgusting demagogue. The buffoon tweeted about being in Paris “celebrating” Armistice Day, like there’s some sort of party. ■■■■■■■ moron.

1 Like

He tweeted worse stuff about the California fires - blames them on State mismanagement and threatens to withhold Federal funds.

1 Like

Seriously! Insane for a leader to do this when people are dying in my state. This is the new reality from Climate Change! The same thing he and his corrupt, in-the-pocket-of big-oil cabinet are denying.

Fark this guy.

Oh, and then he decides not to show up at the memorial service in France for the brave men & women who lost their lives in the WWs because, get this, its RAINING.

FARK THIS GUY.

And to add to all that there is this:

7 Likes

To say it is embarrassing does not go far enough. Even if the fires were due to mismanagement, you don’t say it while the fires are still going, you promise to fix the issue, then afterwards you quietly go about sorting the issue out.

As for the WW1 stuff, he is the President and the Commander In Chief, even if it is hailing, snow and a blizzard you turn up and honour those men, just as they honoured you by going through hell and giving up their lives to ensure your and other nations freedom.

6 Likes

Yeah but Donald would tell you the real heroes are the ones that lived not died.

1 Like

I like people who weren’t captured

Not a bad read. Shame the article didn’t mention Somalia.