Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Ayers, Pence’s Chief of Staff, I think.

Kushner and Ivanka remove an annoying check on their fiefdoms.

1 Like

Kelly has been there a while, but chooses now to resign? Just after some recent moves by Mueller, interesting timing

So far everything that’s been released from the indictments of Cohen, Manafort and Papadopolous have revealed absolutely nothing on Russian collusion.

It looks like Trump will be charged on campaign violations.

You saw that roughly 60 to 70% of the memos filed were redacted right?

No one has a clue what the vast majority of what was in them even is, … and the collusion stuff you’d think makes the most sense to be redacted at this point in the investigation,… but it almost certainly includes Tax evasion stuff as well is my bet.

It was a very shrewd move by Mueller, … sending his own signals out that truth will be rewarded (pseudo Pardon, for Flynn …No Jail time) and slamming the doors on Cohen and Manafort for bullshitting, … while at the same time, showing they have a lot of evidence and charges that they aren’t telling anyone about.

One move there makes the guilty sweat, the other tells them to be forthright if they want to stay out of prison,… that Mueller is a better bet for that than an irrational baby bandering pardons via twitter which may or may not be able to be given (state law on some of it Ttrumps Trumps pardon power) and you can’t rely on the tripper to follow through on any such offers anyway, dependent if he’s had his diaper change on time.

3 Likes

He’s not.
Petulant. Reactive. Short sighted. Selfish. Greedy. Dishonest - many, many things.

But not dumb. And certainly not lazy.

Ayers turned it down, and is leaving his job with Pence to boot.

So does Trump go for someone else or just dispense with the pretense and appoint Javanka?

Golf is very taxing. Not that you’ll see any returns

6 Likes

Not exactly the picture painted by people who have worked for him.

However into a narrow channel of interests he certainly possesses all the exceptional rat cunning of an accomplished con-man. He certainly knew how to spot a big mark.

3 Likes

The biggest con of all.

He fools enough of the people enough of the time.

I’d call him opportunistic and conniving rather than smart.

2 Likes

The golf one is a perfect example of how Trump’s criticisms of others always apply to himself.

And in addition everytime he plays golf his government is paying his business.

What I cant understand is some of these morons who have testified have been caught out lying because Mueller has used interrogation technique 101: ask the witness questions you already know the answers to. If they fail that (which they have) you can make their life difficult by withdrawing any leniency or pardon offers and treat them as hostile with the courts permission.

1 Like

Absolutely. And it keeps getting traction.

Nah even I think he is lazy. Doesn’t read reports, doesn’t go to meetings, doesn’t do anything except come up with silly ideas then railroads others into implementing them.

Spotting marks, manipulating the media and opponents to give him what he wants from them, spotting weaknesses. He does have skill.

Just not intellectually curious or considered.

He’s only really come up with one idea. Get into power, use the power to make lots of money.

Everything else is a means to an end.

1 Like

He dumb dude

1 Like

just fluked it I guess.

People have been under rating him since he entered the 2016 race.

He certainly didn’t get in off being a nice guy, or good advisors, or strong policy, or a strong background of public service.

He’s smart.

Until the centre and left accept that, they’re absolutely no chance to beat him.

At the moment he is arguably beating himself.

And bringing such public scrutiny on a questionable history of business may well end up being the stupidest decision of all.

He could make much better use of a solid base of support that will forgive him anything, and a compliant GOP that is terrified of the same. Imagine if he or someone more disciplined and focused did as Humble Minion speculated on prior to his victory.

But you make fair points, though I don’t think you should discount the role of luck or fortuitous timing in it all. I don’t think it would diminish your contention.

As with anything of Trump, like the question of his history with race - it is a bit of everything I think. Everyone right, and everyone wrong.