Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Unfortunately I don’t have a choice in the matter. I don’t have the right to withhold my labour. I signed away that right when I enlisted. Technically don’t even have the right to gather and discuss with work mates because it could be construed as mutiny.

1 Like

Come on man, Guilliani, like Trump talks out of both sides of his mouth.

Debate the actual evidence out there. The evidence that’s currently known to the public via Mueller’s indictments don’t come close to pointing out some grand conspiracy with Russia.

What’s more is the reporting of this whole affair has been diabolical. So many outlets from the establishment media to smaller outlets have reported from anonymous sources, uncritically without corroboration because this topic is such a ratings bonanza, it seriously has people foaming at the mouth and bypasses even the most intelligent people’s critical thinking.

Just the other day, BuzzFeed got slapped down by Mueller himself, who took the unprecedented step of releasing a statement on their story of Trump telling Cohen to lie to Congress. I’ve lost count over how many retractions there has been over the past two years.

1 Like

This is the sword this administration lives by, you really don’t think it deserves to die by a million cuts with the same implement? It ain’t great but it’s the present reality. The notion that the ‘other side’ should play nice is wishful thinking for a time past.

4 Likes

Mr Choir, I have a very high view of Public Servant and know that this Country is run by them in spite of the Fark Ups by Governments. I was a Mayor and in spite of what some think of Council Workers, I know how hard they work.

My point was that I really doubt if a Government was so farking incompetent to not be able to pay, that labour should be withdrawn, especially the bit that pays Politicians. Wonder is US Senators and Congressmen are being paid ?

Can certainly agree on that. If the pollies weren’t being paid the situation would right itself like a fully inflated punching clown. Heff’s Girl has voted in the ‘no way’ category so I expect you’re right, and I admit I read your post hastily. Personally it’d be devastating if my very large and sloping nature strip weren’t given its once yearly five minute hack job!

(My partner works for a much harried government institution, I’m not unsympathetic to the public service)

Ha! Getting away from politics for a minute… I recognise the background to that pic. That photo was taken on Molokai, one of the least populated/developed islands in Hawaii. In fact it looks like the vacation rental we stayed at recently.

Highly recommended.

Looks like Tulsi has fine taste in holiday venues, at least.

1 Like

So the real reasons for Trump and Russia are slowly but surely coming out. As I said from day one it’s about $ not an election.

When is the media going to start calling it for what it is. Becuase aiding an enemy state in removing sanctions in return for business deals isn’t collusion its treason.

1 Like

They never thought that Cohen would flip. Cohen has seemingly provided evidence of collusion with Russia and the Campaign, so now Guiliani is changing track.

He also definitely stated that there was no collusion at all, so he’s as much of a liar as Trump.

1 Like

I have been ashamed A LOT of what my country has become. Today was another sad, hurtful, low point. The future is grim.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2019/01/20/opposed-dignity-human-person-kentucky-catholic-diocese-condemns-teens-who-taunted-vet-march-life/?utm_term=.8ab388ee59c5

2 Likes

To be fair I’m not sure what you expect to happen if you get in between two groups of snooty teenagers and start banging a drum and singing a weird chant.

I’m not sure Australian teenagers would be much above that sort of behaviour.

That is not what happened though. Far from it. The veteran in question was part of the Indigenous People’s March which happened to be on the same day as the anti-abortion March for Life. He did not just “start banging a drum” or “singing a weird chant” (though, to be fair it was not country music or in English, which the boys would have preferred). He was conducting a Native American ceremony to honor indigenous veterans.

Fark Alex, you continue to be a dikkhead with comments like that. Read the story again and think about it a bit more, you are are a little insensitive at times.

1 Like

So you’re disagreeing with the guys own account of the incident as quoted in the CNN article? Yeah sure he was there for the Native American ceremony but he, again according to the CNN report, chose to interject into the crowd of kids trying to diffuse tension between 2 groups with his “healing prayer”.

Read my response again.

read the article you posted again!

Taitano said the whole incident started when the teens and four young African-Americans, who’d been preaching about the Bible nearby, started yelling and calling each other names.

It got pretty intense, Taitano said, so Nathan Phillips, an elder with the Omaha tribe, started playing his drum and chanting what she was told was a healing prayer, to help defuse the situation.

Phillips walked through the crowd, and Taitano said things were starting to calm down until he got to the grinning boy seen in the video.

Don’t pick on poor Alex BF. He’s traumatised. A couple of blokes stood over him for his phone once and he’s now terrified of his own shadow.

He got in between two groups of protesting farkwits who proceeded to treat him like farkwits.

lol. Christ.

Buzzfeed has defended its explosive report alleging Donald Trump directed his then-personal lawyer Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about a Moscow real estate deal.

Reporter Anthony Cormier and editor-in-chief Ben Smith defended the story, insisting their sources are “solid” and their story is accurate despite prompting a rare response from Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

On Thursday, Buzzfeed published the story, written by Cormier and colleague Jason Leopold, alleging that Mr Trump told Mr Cohen to lie to Congress about a Trump Tower project in Moscow. The President has repeatedly denied having any business dealings with the Russians.

The story drew significant national and global attention, as it appeared to be the most direct allegation yet that Mr Trump had obstructed justice.

Some analysts pointed out that similar charges had led to the impeachment of President Bill Clinton and the resignation of President Richard Nixon.

Mr Mueller’s office released a rare statement following the article’s release, disputing what was reported.

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterisation of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” wrote special counsel spokesman Peter Carr.

Importantly “not accurate” does not refute anything and Buzzfeed are standing by their sources. At this point it could mean Trump didn’t direct Cohen to lie, or it could mean the dates upon which he did are inaccurate. Meanwhile there are thousands of rapists, murderers and drug dealers pouring through the border every day, as stated by the POTUS who has averaged 30 false and misleading claims a day since coming to office.

1 Like