Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Any way you cut it, it is not a good look for the story and Buzzfeed. For the Mueller investigation to send out a press release refuting the story is not a good look.

1 Like

The investigation has been extraordinary for it’s tight lips. A litany of false claims by the likes of Fox, Breitbart etc have been made regarding the investigation and Mueller himself, it’s a mark of the seriousness with which he takes one outlet compared to another. Just a guess but I would think the Buzzfeed article was close enough to the bone that Mueller considered it potentially harmful to ongoing prosecution of that particular thread. If nothing else he appears to like to keep his powder dry as a dead dingo’s.

Or, Cohen acted autonomously, like his old boss.

2 Likes

I find it quite funny you argue to use the evidence in the public realm, and then try and use Mueller’s information (which is heavily redacted, and isn’t specifically focused on this issue) as your argument for what evidence exists. The evidence in the public domain is reasonably damning. We know Trump’s campaign had meetings to get illegal support from Russian linked people. We know Russia funded activities to help Trump get elected. There is significant evidence that they broke the law to damage his opponent. We know the campaign lied about the Russian business proposal. We know Kushner tried to set up a “back door” channel with Russia. We know multiple member’s of Trump’s campaign team and transition team have been successfully indicted by Mueller for working with foreign agents.

And Trump’s behaviour since being nominated has consistently supported Russia, even over his own party and white house team. Examples include giving up the information on that Israeli spy, meeting Putin with no aides, supporting Putin’s positions frequently, changing the Republican Party pre-election positions, delaying and watering down sanctions, etc.

Now, Trump’s own lawyer has stopped trying to claim there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. Mate, when even Trump’s lawyer won’t defend something, maybe you should start asking why?

This is not a court of law, but in the court of public opinion Trump has walked and quacked like a duck. Sorry that most of us think the evidence points to the fact he is a duck.

4 Likes

I’d say it’s really simple and based on some solid facts.

Trumps team proposed softening of sanctions at the RNC.

How do the Russians know that wasn’t just hot air, well we will appoint a friend of Russia in Tillerson who’s company had a $500 billion deal in the line. Tillerson will be a key witness, what did he know and when and he sure isn’t going to jail for these clowns.

Trump gets Moscow tower.

The actual election tampering is small fry.

Hey haven’t seen this posted here. Wonder why.

2 Likes

Yawn - who gives a ■■■■; moved on.

LOL. Great attitude

2 Likes

Let me guess, the bad native American provoked the upstanding kids in the MAGA hats?

Why don’t you just read it/ view the whole sequence of events yourself with the video that was posted and draw your own conclusion?

I’ve seen some things, read some things. A post on Reddit is not exactly where I’d go for factual reporting but whatever.

The rough gist of it (as I understand it) is:
Two separate protest groups

The native American guy breaks from his to go to the other. He claims it’s to perform a prayer song or something to that effect. It’s either an act of peace or aggression depending on which side you’re on

MAGA teens start getting in his face and hurling racist abuse. He continues to drum. Smug MAGA teen is all smug up in his face.

Did I miss anything? These kids are the literal epitome of white privilege. They go to an extremely expensive and exclusive school, where you could count minorities on a single hand and the staff are exclusively white. They have no exposure to the real life or the struggles of the average person, white or otherwise. Hence smug MAGA teen thought the guy was a joke.

He deserves a dose of reality, that sadly his privilege will likely shield him from for his entire life.

4 Likes

From what I’ve read on another site - you missed most of it. There were a group of Catholic school kid protesters who been at the pro-life rally, who were lining up to get back on their buses. There was a group (around 6 protesters) who from what I’ve read are nearly always present, and who hurled some pretty bad abuse at the Catholic school kids. The Indian guy tried to diffuse the situation by chanting/drumming a peace song and moved between the groups. A small handful of the students and the regular group who was abusing the pro-lifers then abused him, but only the maga hat guys got reported.

Based on what I read, this does seem a nothing story. Several different sides (the activist group called the Black Israelites, the catholic kids in maga hats) all seem to have been or included twats.

Edit: the full 1.5 hour video of the incident is ***here***. I can’t be bothered to watch it, but feel free.

1 Like

A post on Reddit from which you can find a video of the whole incident from start to finish and view the objective factual representation of what happened.

But ants summed it up pretty well.

This is what peak snowflake looks like.

And again, people resort to name calling? For what?

Guess everyone in the saga thread is a ‘peak snowflake’ then.

Nice whistling there.

They were Catholic school kids at a prolife rally. Not sure white privilege is an issue, more about the brainwashing they get from Catholic Clergy on the matter.

Having taken the time to watch the videos and read multiple outlets this is the actual facts:

Black Hebrew Israelites, a strange group, spends a long time throwing a lot of insults at the “white privilege”, things like calling them “incest children”, “future school shooters”, “crackers” and then shout homophobic slurs at them. One person even yells for them to “go back to Europe where you belong”. One video shows the BHI guys warning black student that his “white classmate will steak your organs”.

Overall the young “white privilege” guys just spend their time doing rally chants as though there at a prep rally. Not a lot of abuse comes from them.

Then the other guy turns up. You know the guy who has multiple run ins with “white privilege”. He tries to disrupt them, not BHI I might point out. When it sort of fails he then turns to the media and creates this story that these “white privilege” people created a storm, they were abusive and racist and where hurling abuse.

The media ran with that story. However now that the facts are coming out a lot of media are actually retracting the story. Not all, but a lot.

But facts don’t matter, the “white privilege” were involved, they should all lose their positions at their schools and have the futures ruined because, well, they are “white privilege”.

3 Likes

Thanks, thought it might spark something.

Should the MAGA teens be abused? No.

But should they be at a pro-life protest? Also no.

Don’t tell me for a second that they have a nuanced opinion on the matter. They’re teenaged boys. They are also teenaged boys who arrived at a protest wearing a symbol - the MAGA hat - with the intention of inflaming counter protestors. I’m not shocked that they were verbally attacked.

I was a Catholic school boy at one point. No amount of of clerical brainwashing would’ve got me to a pro-life rally.

Again, live by the sword die by it. A relatively inconsequential gathering of religious cult drones clash having recently imposed their sanctioned, divisive, untaxed view of human civilisation upon the public, dikk head shows off to his mates knowing full well there are cameras everywhere, mainstream media runs story on it, white righties get their knickers twisted “cos they ain’t playin fair!” Suck it up and get ready to play an actual opposition on the field you mowed, painted and set out the rules for.

And eat a big bag of gross dikks while you’re at it. Reddit Alex, really?