Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Also, in Alabama you are permanently disenfranchised for a conviction of moral turpitude ( whatever that is).

2 Likes

FORNICATION OUTSIDA MARRAIGE!

Sounds fun. I hope I get to try it some time…

Someone tried to create a fake Chuck Schumer sexual harassment scandal. Police are investigating.

Be careful, it applies to visas as well as votes. Apparently the voting disenfranchisement does not extend to convictions for carrying a concealed weapon or firearms offences.

Trump blaming the write-in votes for Moore’s loss - too many people voting for Mickey Mouse?

Act 1 - Have a semi-mature person type out a tweet for you

00 AM

Act 2 - Wake up all angry and go “GIVE ME MY PHONE!!!”

10 AM

5 Likes

Act 2, don’t employ people who are biased against a person that you are investigating

2 Likes

I read those articles.

As I said I got a state ID pretty easy and cost $10 and lasts 5 years I think (that was with no fixed address and just a SS)

I can’t see how this is an issue, you need to produce a birth certificate and off you go. Those stories about not having a birth certificate…don’t quite add up. Surely they would know if they were issued an incorrect birth certificate (before reaching a polling both) - when they filled for SS and benefits.

1 Like

Not a great look, but I think you’d have a hard time finding a person that didn’t have a strong view of Trump, either positive or negative. I think he’s a complete ■■■, but that doesn’t mean I’d falsify an investigation.

And if you did screen people for jobs based off their political views, you are getting into troubling territory. Best case is you have a mixed group who believe that justice is more important than their personal feelings.

2 Likes

Idiot is a compliment for him.

The issue is, they want to nail Trump. To do so they are going to have to make sure all their t’s are crossed and i’s dotted. If there is even a hint of anything smelling slightly off, their attempts to destroy Trump will fail spectacularly.

It is a given that people are going to have an opinion about trump. But in the position these people hold, they need to keep that opinion very much buried and silent and not let it leak out and influence the work they are doing.

Ah weren’t they sacked and no longer on the case?

1 Like

They weren’t sacked. The FBI guidelines make it clear that this is totally acceptable. Agents can have personal views.

The only reason they were reassigned was because of how it would look. The emails show he also wasn’t a fan of Hillary either, but he worked on her emails. The FBI swings Republican, should they have been leading the Clinton emails inquiry?

Of course they should. You can be professional and have a private view.

The main reason this is all coming up is because they are afraid of Mueller ‘s investigation. In May Mueller had impeccable credentials and was above reproach. Now he’s suddenly biased.

6 Likes

So you don’t have any examples about the Senator then? Just making that up?

The only people investigating trump should be his biggest fans. Perhaps Fox News could lend a few people?

2 Likes

Only if they shout their findings out

Re-assigned. They now work with the guy from Veep who smiled.

1 Like

Buster from Arrested Development?

1 Like

No, that is Gary. I meant the secret service agent who gets transferred because the Veep didn’t like that he briefly showed emotion.

You’ll have to excuse me. I’m very late to the party and only just discovered how good the show is.

2 Likes