Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

And I thought it was us “libtard snowflakes” who were “hysterical” and “triggered”

Now Drumpf has kept his part of the deal with the removal of net neutrality, and Rupert has made his 50 plus Billion, … he’s now keeping his side of the bargain and instructed the ramping up the Fux Newz rhetoric, )

It will only get more & more extreme and ridiculous now.

Donald is desperate as he looks very likely to become a lame duck in a year or so on the back of Moores loss in the USA’s reddest of red states. With his approval numbers dropping through the floor, (even the Fux newz viewership has gone from 90% to 45% since he got in), and is clearly shitin’ himself over the Russia investigation now Flynn has flipped, and Dunny Jnr continues to be questioned for days,

Mueller reasigned them due to optics months ago. If anything, that is evidence that Mueller isn’t compromised, because under the FBI guidelines the two agents did nothing wrong. And yet suddenly Mueller is biased? What new evidence is there that Mueller is biased? He’s a Republican, appointed by a Republican (Rosenberg in the DOJ), who as soon as he found out a member of his team wasn’t a fan of Trump in their personal life reassigned them. Yet Mueller is now biased? And you think that switch in view on Mueller is just because of the new information (which should if anything indicate Mueller is biased towards the Republicans) and not the fact he’s getting convictions?

You say yourself “Mueller needs to make sure the job is clean so that the republicans can’t just call it it out and refuse it” which seems to indicate you also really believe the Republicans would (are?) calling this out not because its bad, but because it can be spun as such. If so, then jumping on me seems weird.

On the professionalism front, what is unprofessional about having private views on politicians that you relate with a friend? It wasn’t on Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media. It was a private conversation. Nothing unprofessional about that.

Finally, given @bigallan 's post above, it would appear that the Republicans did leak this information. As they control the DOJ. Funny that.

7 Likes

I never said Mueller was biased. You seem to have trouble reading.

Hmm, rereading that may be technically correct. Sorry for that element.

I still think you’re being ridiculous claiming this is a minor issue. Again, pushing the Republican point of view. And I think the only reason its being brought up is because they need anything to give themselves cause to stop Mueller.

I don’t support the Republicans, nor do I push their view.

I have no problems with the investigation as a whole, a few little complaints. However the one thing you cannot have is special investigators who show extreme bias against the person/peoples being investigated. Doing that brings into question the investigation and can lead to it not achieving what it should.

Also I think this is a major issue, not a minor one.

One problem there is, if you disqualify everyone who thinks Trump is an idiot, you won’t be able to find anyone with an IQ over 70.

1 Like

I have no problem with people thinking that, but if they have an IQ over 70 and they are part of an investigation into Trump then they should have the intelligence to keep their mouths shut on their opinions, let alone emailing them around.

Comments made in 2016 (pre investigation)
The dude appears to be pretty sharp even if his instant messaging judgement seems a bit lax. Interesting comments on HRC too.
Smart twitterers have been theorising that this is an effort to discredit the investigation so Rs can say it was always biased going forward. Allows Rs to more or less just ignore the investigation rather than having to dismiss Mueller which would probably be very damaging politically.
Trump will probably dismiss him anyway because he is a ■■■■■■■ idiot.

The whole bias thing is a completely meaningless red herring.

If Trump has committed a crime, the US Senate becomes the judge and jury in the case. If you want an unbiased case how the hell does that work? pretty sure all the senators allegiances are pretty defined and there is a hell of a lot of them that have made on the record negative remarks about Trump.

But even more generally police or investigators can be biased. If they think a crime has been committed by an individual they can doggedly pursue them. They have to do it ethically and within the law. But they don’t have to be unbiased. Its the Judge and Jurys role to provide the unbiased view of firstly what evidence is permissable and the resulting guilt.

To take it further, cops can’t investigate gang members because they are biased towards gang members? its absurd. Now if a police member was racially profiling and acting unethically sure they should be dealt with, but in the Trump investigation there has been no allegation of unethical behaviour by the investigators.

2 Likes

The real irony is that Comey is a Republican, Trump was praising him prior to winning the election, his timing of his announcements was a likely contributor to Hillary Clinton losing, and yet the FBI is meant to be biased for the Democrats? Rigggght.

When they wrote the private emails they weren’t investigating Trump. It was in 2016.

Always good to have a laugh on a Sunday night.

3 Likes

Lol.

“I’m A Centrist!!”

DYAF,… Put on scroll by & Ignore.

You lot are pathetic. Any dissenting voice is suddenly an enemy.

Maybe if you actually engaged in conversation once in a while instead of cheap little memes and oh so humorous put downs you might learn something about other people and how they think.

But you wouldn’t want to do that because you like living in your small little worlds where only you know anything worth knowing.

Neither of you two ever actually offer a conversation on anything. Ever. Just cheap shots at people.

6 Likes

Its not any dissenting voice. Its one who can’t/won’t back themselves up.

Look, conservatives have (traditionally) had plenty of positions which they can argue the merits of. Private enterprise over government run institutions. Pro-life vs. pro-choice. Free markets. Limited government. Fiscal conservatism. A strong military. I might not agree with many of those positions, but I certainly recognise an argument can be made.

You don’t seem to be doing that. You push Trump’s argument on fake news, with articles whose own links show they’re lying, while ignoring that Trump is sending around fake Muslim videos. You claim the Democrats can’t take any moral high ground on the sexual harassment issues, because of how they treated Bill Clinton two decades ago. You defend Trump’s sexist tweet, including stating that Senator Gillibrand “has been known to do anything to get funding” and then won’t back that up with any examples. You say Pelosi is rotten and a terrible person, and again won’t point to any examples. You’re against the Iran nuclear deal without saying why it was a bad move. A single FBI agent has personal views against Trump, and suddenly that is a big deal in the investigation. How about bringing up how the FBI NY office kept leaking to Rudy Guillani during the presidential campaign, or the timing of the reopening of the Clinton emails scandal?

You said:

Now, you also make criticisms of Trump and the Republicans. You are very critical over them for guns for example. But when you write bits such as the above, and then don’t back them up, well that’s going to get you a lot of criticism. A lot of those I mentioned above are pretty much Fox talking points. Getting challenged on them shouldn’t be a surprise.

3 Likes

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/world/putin-praises-donald-and-says-us-is-gripped-by-fabricated-spymania-20171214-h04zrh.html

Obvious collusion here.

1 Like

Ironically,… one term of Trump may be a blessing in disguise. If things keep tracking as they are with this douchebags disapproval, the Dems may well be in power in all 3 houses after the next POTUS election.

Just in time for when the tax cuts come in and they go broke.

Just watch all the republicans flip back to deficit hawks.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’m conviced Bush Jnr et al set up the GFC for that purpose, … hand them a shitt sanga and start blaming them for the drama within 12 months,… which the fkers did. … but I’m thinking they could likely reverse the cuts before they take effect,

If the have both houses and the Executive, … they should be able to get it done in short shift.