Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

I suppose it depends on what you leave behind after finishing the squat.

Trump spent today deleting tweets he’d made in support of Luther Strange who was defeated in the Republican Alabama primary. He may have been squatting on the toilet while he did this.

Roy Moore will be the GOP candidate for the Senate seat vacated by Sessions when we became the Attorney General.

Kneeling ( as in genuflecting) used to be a sign of deference. They could have turned their backs …

1 Like

squatting is the peak of masculinity.

5 Likes

Where do we think superhero landings fit in? They are kind of like kneeling to gravity.

1 Like

The Jones Act ( which extends to US- built ships, not just US registered ships) ) was recently waived for some south east States affected by hurricanes, but declined for PR on the grounds of port capacity.
If Trump ever turns his sights on the WTO, he should be reminded that the US enjoys two big waivers from WTO rules in regard to the Jones Act and domestic food aid ( known as the other Farm Bill, which provides massive subsidies to US agriculture).

1 Like

1.5 Million US Citizens are currently without drinking water in Puerto Rico.

He was so proud he didn’t even vote for Clinton, or anyone. He gave up his right to be considered a fighter the moment he chose not to vote.

Disagree. It was wrong of him not to vote but to say he gave up his right to be considered a fighter due to a politically dumb choice is a stretch. Are you saying that one decision means everything else he has done including donating $1 Million to causes, helping secure an airplane and funding to fly aid to Somalia and last but not least raising this issue to begin with makes him less worthy of pride?

Trump won because people did the same thing Kapernick did, they didn’t vote for Clinton. They abrogate any rights to then complain about what is happening to their country.

Sure his family can be proud of all the work he does in helping those less fortunate than himself outside the pride issue, however they should have no pride in his former stance on racism when his inaction, along with others, brought a racist into power.

This is an amazing article and speaks to the sophistication of the Russian interference. Wow. That said, it must be easy pickings when you have a less than ideally educated population willing to believe Facebook over real news.

Kaepernick sacrificed his career to kneel and make a point about police brutality against people of colour. That’s commitment. Given Trump’s nature I struggled to reconcile not voting with the former willingness to fight, but in the end I figured that it is just the oddness of the USA in a microcosm. I agree that it was a mistake, but it can be redeemed at future elections.

How funny it is that all the “manly” types on here took such affront to a joke about not kneeling. Was it too soon?

FFS. Did I really need to put in /jk or a sarcastica font? Shows that you blokes really need to harden the ■■■■ up if you think that I was being serious.

I would also be happy to bet that most of you can’t get into a rock bottom bum to calves squat and sit like that for some time. Such a pity that you can’t perform a basic human movement. I guess that Kim Jong Un is more manly than you after all…

I don’t know if you needed sarcastica font on your previous post, but you definitely need one there.

4 Likes

Paul I reckon we all knew you were joking and we’re having fun in return.

You don’t think barnz posting a photo of Kim Jong is taking the ■■■■?

So many rules, I can’t keep up. However in related news Jared Kushner is a woman according to the electoral roll. This continues his troubles with filling out forms.

1 Like

We’ll need to see his birth certificate then, am I right?

3 Likes

Jones Act has been waivered effective immediately

The temporary waiver is good news and is consistent with the actions of previous administrations. A permanent waiver of the Jones Act for PR would lower costs of living for one of the poorest areas of USA without Federal representation.
See Vox article of 28 September on Jones Act and PR
vox.com

Trump has invented a fictional Senator to deny that his healthcare push fell over again. When asked about why it failed he has said it hasn’t, that they have the votes, but a “Yes” Senator is in hospital. He’s said this on Fox.