Marijuana legalisation

i see those pics and think "where can i get some, and how long til the babes come runnin"

Just found out I may be going to Seattle in August.

Avoid the BC Hydro, grown in Canada, plenty string.

i see those pics and think "where can i get some, and how long til the babes come runnin"

That's fraudulent advertising I'm afraid mate. Now I know I have a head like "the north end of a southbound camel", but it just hasn't happened like that for me. And I've been laying the bait for over 40 years. Maybe if I liked patouli and $5 sandals from the hippy shop?

You need to try "yard de la Boot" :ph34r:

That's fruadulent advertising I'm afraid mate. Now I know I have a head like "the north end of a southbound camel", but it just hasn't happened like that for me. And I've been laying the bait for over 40 years. Maybe if I liked patouli and $5 sandals from the hippy shop?

Maybe you shouldn't asking the girls if they'll like to smoke some white widow that you keep stashed in a jar.....

My next stop after Seattle is Victoria, BC. 

The DEA is losing there ****. WIll post the video later but a DEA agent is telling Congress about how bad legal weed will be, it is a gateway drug, blah blah blah. The same empty rhetoric to defend the DEA's lifes work out of fear because as time goes on it is more and more evident how much of a waste the DEA is. From memory they spend more fighting weed then the other schedule 1 drugs combined.

Get used to the "Chicken Littles". There is a multi billion dollar industry (both Govt and private) dedicated to saving our souls from this insidious evil. Do not expect them to surrender their position quietly. They have invested near enough to 100 years in building it up.

Neither should you expect honesty or practicality.

Not questioning what you're saying, it does make me wonder why there would be an industry for blackballing it, and what incentive do they have for doing so.

If it's a multi billion dollar campaign, surely the people running it, would be getting a hell of alot more money from somewhere for it to be worthwhile for them, so that makes me curious to.

The DEA is losing there ****. WIll post the video later but a DEA agent is telling Congress about how bad legal weed will be, it is a gateway drug, blah blah blah. The same empty rhetoric to defend the DEA's lifes work out of fear because as time goes on it is more and more evident how much of a waste the DEA is. From memory they spend more fighting weed then the other schedule 1 drugs combined.

Get used to the "Chicken Littles". There is a multi billion dollar industry (both Govt and private) dedicated to saving our souls from this insidious evil. Do not expect them to surrender their position quietly. They have invested near enough to 100 years in building it up.

Not questioning what you're saying, it does make me wonder why there would be an industry for blackballing it, and what incentive do they have for doing so.

If it's a multi billion dollar campaign, surely the people running it, would be getting a hell of alot more money from somewhere for it to be worthwhile for them, so that makes me curious to.

You are kidding yeah?

Start with people like the FBI, DEA and their ilk world wide, and just go from there.

You are kidding yeah?
Start with people like the FBI, DEA and their ilk world wide, and just go from there.

Local police, the prison guard union's... And that's before you consider hemp.

Personally I love weed, I just haven't had any for a while.

I was never a "smoke before work" kind of guy because I got too paranoid. Even now if I was to have a smoke I'd rather do it with a few beers under my belt at home or in the company of friends in a relaxed bar than in the cold light of day.

I was pretty curious as a teenager and despite the initial paranoia once the "I shouldn't have had so much" feeling wore off I used to love analysing why things seemed funnier, or more interesting, or more relevant to me went I was bent. One thing is for sure it never made me feel like the movies led me to believe it would, but I guess different people have their own relationship/experiences with it.

I'll definitley admit it started out as a rebellious habit that wouldn't have happened if it was legal. I also had certain cues that pointed me in the direction of weed. I knew my brother smoked it and after being horrified at first I realised he was the dux of his school and had done his Masters in Economics so maybe I should try it. Then most of the bands I listened to and funny movies had weed references...or was it the other way arround? Did I gravitate to stoner movies and bands like Tumbleweed (or Bob Dylan) to justify my use of pot? Probably both, but it was definitely a culture amongst my mates and it was funny how quickly you could suss out who was a smoker at school/uni/work and then you'd have some kind of special bond. I sure met lots of questionable people that way.

Which is why I think it should be legal. I understand it lays a burden on our mental health care system to an extent but I think that for every person who it harms, legalising it will prevent harm for 10 more.

I don't see weed as a gateway to illicit drugs or crime necassarily, but it is in a way because it is labelled as such.

It's basically saying "you know that innocent thing you did where you set fire to a plant, inhaled and then felt funny? Well that was a crime, you are a criminal and you if you think that was okay then you think other drugs/crimes are okay too".

That's like saying to a girl who sleeps with her boyfriend that she's a sl*t and she may as well become a hooker.

Anyway, I definitely think legalisation will be more beneficial for everyone, we just have to give it some time (maybe a generation) for people to start seeing pot smoking for what it is and not as some kind of rebellious way to express one's self, or criminal activity or whatever.

"Which is why I think it should be legal. I understand it lays a burden on our mental health care system to an extent but I think that for every person who it harms, legalising it will prevent harm for 10 more"
Can you expand on this a little more please?

You are kidding yeah?

Then you have prison labour, which is massive.

You are kidding yeah?

Then you have prison labour, which is massive.

and remembering the companies who made the materials that benefited from hemp being made illegal i.e Dupont/nylon.

You are kidding yeah?

Government agencies I get, well their motive is seen to be about morality, even if it's not.

Was more aimed at the private sector part, and the motives behind it from their pov.

You are kidding yeah?

Government agencies I get, well their motive is seen to be about morality, even if it's not.

Was more aimed at the private sector part, and the motives behind it from their pov.

Dupont and not having any opposition to their new synthetic fabric nylon played a MAJOR factor in getting hemp banned in the US which then a whole lot of countries mimicked that decision. Friends in 'high' places.

That's fraudulent advertising I'm afraid mate. Now I know I have a head like "the north end of a southbound camel", but it just hasn't happened like that for me. And I've been laying the bait for over 40 years. Maybe if I liked patouli and $5 sandals from the hippy shop?

Can definitely help to land stoner girls

Personally I love weed, I just haven't had any for a while.

I was never a "smoke before work" kind of guy because I got too paranoid. Even now if I was to have a smoke I'd rather do it with a few beers under my belt at home or in the company of friends in a relaxed bar than in the cold light of day.

I was pretty curious as a teenager and despite the initial paranoia once the "I shouldn't have had so much" feeling wore off I used to love analysing why things seemed funnier, or more interesting, or more relevant to me went I was bent. One thing is for sure it never made me feel like the movies led me to believe it would, but I guess different people have their own relationship/experiences with it.

I'll definitley admit it started out as a rebellious habit that wouldn't have happened if it was legal. I also had certain cues that pointed me in the direction of weed. I knew my brother smoked it and after being horrified at first I realised he was the dux of his school and had done his Masters in Economics so maybe I should try it. Then most of the bands I listened to and funny movies had weed references...or was it the other way arround? Did I gravitate to stoner movies and bands like Tumbleweed (or Bob Dylan) to justify my use of pot? Probably both, but it was definitely a culture amongst my mates and it was funny how quickly you could suss out who was a smoker at school/uni/work and then you'd have some kind of special bond. I sure met lots of questionable people that way.

Which is why I think it should be legal. I understand it lays a burden on our mental health care system to an extent but I think that for every person who it harms, legalising it will prevent harm for 10 more.

I don't see weed as a gateway to illicit drugs or crime necassarily, but it is in a way because it is labelled as such.

It's basically saying "you know that innocent thing you did where you set fire to a plant, inhaled and then felt funny? Well that was a crime, you are a criminal and you if you think that was okay then you think other drugs/crimes are okay too".

That's like saying to a girl who sleeps with her boyfriend that she's a sl*t and she may as well become a hooker.

Anyway, I definitely think legalisation will be more beneficial for everyone, we just have to give it some time (maybe a generation) for people to start seeing pot smoking for what it is and not as some kind of rebellious way to express one's self, or criminal activity or whatever.

The only time it hurts the health care system is when kids start using it in an unsafe way. In every state or Country that has legalized or decriminalized Marijuana has seen drug addicts etc go down. 

In fact you are going to create a new revenue stream, a multi billion dollar industry where all of that money can go back into the health care system. Not to mention the large amount (and continue to grow) of illnesses and diseases Marijuana will help with.

I've always said if Marijuana were to become legal it should be mandated that all the tax revenue go back into the health care system and be used to fund drug education programs in schools.

I'm not arguing with you, just adding to what you are saying.

"Which is why I think it should be legal. I understand it lays a burden on our mental health care system to an extent but I think that for every person who it harms, legalising it will prevent harm for 10 more"

Well I see the burden on our mental health care system due to it "bringing out" schizophrenia (or related episodes) in people who might have otherwise gone through life without any issues (this is highly debatable). Or people with depression who sink even lower and/or commit suicide etc. I acknowledge that this is a serious burden.

Then I see the burden on our justice system etc and as I was saying I think by labeling pot smokers (cannabis users) as criminals I believe it does act as a gateway to mixing with people involved with other crimes and other drugs - which means people can end up in gaol/a life of crime and suffer mental illness (and/or physical injury) from that, plus once people are in 'the system' it can be hard for them to escape it.

I'm not sure if you an compare the effect on a family of one schizophrenic vs one criminal or drug addict.

I definitely found when I was in high school and uni that I was meeting and becoming acquainted with some of the dregs of society just because I had to if I wanted to buy weed. Sitting in a bikies loungeroom for an hour making idle chit chat (so it didn't look like people were just coming and going) would be completely unnecessary if I was able to grow it myself or buy it from a chemist or tobacconist.

Aside from the weed I was a reasonably smart kid and wasn't looking for an easy way to make money but I was often offered the opportunity to sell weed and other drugs, or to buy stolen gear (or gear people had given to a dealer to pay a debt etc) or just to buy harder drugs. I think my experiences would be pretty common too, most of the smokers I know would agree they've mixed with dodgy people just to get weed.

So while I don't believe weed is great for mental health I think that making it illegal CAN turn people towards crime and serious drug addiction and this is already a huge burden on society.

Well I see the burden on our mental health care system due to it "bringing out" schizophrenia (or related episodes) in people who might have otherwise gone through life without any issues (this is highly debatable). Or people with depression who sink even lower and/or commit suicide etc. I acknowledge that this is a serious burden.

Then I see the burden on our justice system etc and as I was saying I think by labeling pot smokers (cannabis users) as criminals I believe it does act as a gateway to mixing with people involved with other crimes and other drugs - which means people can end up in gaol/a life of crime and suffer mental illness (and/or physical injury) from that, plus once people are in 'the system' it can be hard for them to escape it.

I'm not sure if you an compare the effect on a family of one schizophrenic vs one criminal or drug addict.

I definitely found when I was in high school and uni that I was meeting and becoming acquainted with some of the dregs of society just because I had to if I wanted to buy weed. Sitting in a bikies loungeroom for an hour making idle chit chat (so it didn't look like people were just coming and going) would be completely unnecessary if I was able to grow it myself or buy it from a chemist or tobacconist.

Aside from the weed I was a reasonably smart kid and wasn't looking for an easy way to make money but I was often offered the opportunity to sell weed and other drugs, or to buy stolen gear (or gear people had given to a dealer to pay a debt etc) or just to buy harder drugs. I think my experiences would be pretty common too, most of the smokers I know would agree they've mixed with dodgy people just to get weed.

So while I don't believe weed is great for mental health I think that making it illegal CAN turn people towards crime and serious drug addiction and this is already a huge burden on society.

There are Marijuana strains that actually help people deal with schizophrenia (Marijuana with low THC and high CBD are great for treating health conditions, while those with the opposite amount of THC to CBD get your more high. However Marijuana that is high in THC is great to help cancer patients deal with Chemo. Marijuana is bad for mental health if you smoke all the time and if you start at a young age, but legalization will make it harder for kids to get it. People say well parents will buy it for their kids, the question then because when do you put onus on the parents to be good parents.

You are spot on that Marijuana is a gateway drug in the way that you have to get Marijuana by entering into the black market meaning more exposure to harder drugs. Also when someone is told Marijuana is as bad as Cocaine etc, when a young person uses it and realizes they were lied to the logical conclusion is society has lied about the other hard drugs.