Marijuana legalisation

Just jumping in on this thread had my first smoke when I was 17 with a quarter bottle of CC back in 87 spewed my guts up, 20 odd years later still love the smoke here and there (A lot more here) unlike CC.

Something like times without money are better with Marijuana :D

Food Fibre Fuel the three F's and even adds in Fun as a bonus

Here are some of the uses for Industrialised Hemp.

Textiles like Twine, Rope, Canvas, Break/Clutch linings, denim, fabrics etc.

Building materials like Fiberboard, Cement (Yes, Hempcrete) etc.

Oil paints, printing ink, fuel, lubricants, soap, shampoo, cosmetics, granola, birdseed.

Every part of the plant is usable. You have the stalk, leaves, flowers and the seed.

Plus Hemp Protein, which is insanely good for you. 

If hemp really is a better alternative for paper, then it just defies all logic why it isn't being used. 

Between the environmental benefits of Hemp, and the economical benefits of marijuana... legalising these plants could save the world! 

It all goes back to when marijuana first became illegal in the USA around the 1930's. America has a great influence on most western countries being part of the drug war which is where the connection it.

William Randolph Hearst and Harry J. Anslinger were the two. Harry a politicians and William published newspapers and ran paper mills. They wanted used propaganda like 'smoking weed will make white women have sex with blacks and make them listen to devil music' to eliminate Hemp as an Industrial competitor. That is the short version of the story.

Legalizing the plant could save the world, but it takes money out of the pockets of the fossil fuel industry, the pharmaceutical industry etc.

Let me get this straight, you guys are comparing the safety and efficacy of pharmaceuticals that have been developed in sterile laboratory conditions, rigorously tested in clinical trials to determine effective doses and side effect profiles versus bought it off a guy at the Box Hill train station.

Sounds legit

Here are some of the uses for Industrialised Hemp.

Textiles like Twine, Rope, Canvas, Break/Clutch linings, denim, fabrics etc.

Building materials like Fiberboard, Cement (Yes, Hempcrete) etc.

Oil paints, printing ink, fuel, lubricants, soap, shampoo, cosmetics, granola, birdseed.

Every part of the plant is usable. You have the stalk, leaves, flowers and the seed.

Plus Hemp Protein, which is insanely good for you. 

If hemp really is a better alternative for paper, then it just defies all logic why it isn't being used. 

Between the environmental benefits of Hemp, and the economical benefits of marijuana... legalising these plants could save the world! 

It all goes back to when marijuana first became illegal in the USA around the 1930's. America has a great influence on most western countries being part of the drug war which is where the connection it.

William Randolph Hearst and Harry J. Anslinger were the two. Harry a politicians and William published newspapers and ran paper mills. They wanted used propaganda like 'smoking weed will make white women have sex with blacks and make them listen to devil music' to eliminate Hemp as an Industrial competitor. That is the short version of the story.

Legalizing the plant could save the world, but it takes money out of the pockets of the fossil fuel industry, the pharmaceutical industry etc.

Yeah, I know the story all too well. I get how it came to be made illegal.

What I don't get, is how it still is. In a time of such environmental awareness, how such a renewable alternative to paper (and the rest, but paper is the no-brainer) can be largely ignored and still deemed illegal, is just staggering to me.  

Let me get this straight, you guys are comparing the safety and efficacy of pharmaceuticals that have been developed in sterile laboratory conditions, rigorously tested in clinical trials to determine effective doses and side effect profiles versus bought it off a guy at the Box Hill train station.
Sounds legit

Is that actually an argument? And if it is, what about? 

Sounds legit

Someone back there was banging on about something that sounded like a conspiracy theory about how the pharma companies don't want people smoking dope cause it eats into their profits. And that people are better off smoking dope than taking legit medicine that's been tested. (Just quietly might have been reboot though)
Or maybe I'm just paranoid, man.

Sounds legit

Someone back there was banging on about something that sounded like a conspiracy theory about how the pharma companies don't want people smoking dope cause it eats into their profits. And that people are better off smoking dope than taking legit medicine that's been tested. (Just quietly might have been reboot though)

Um, there is substantial evidence / testing / case studies about the benefits of cannabis as a pain killer. Most terminally ill cancer patients at least have it suggested to them by a doctor. (in eaten form, not smoked.) And most of those tests weren't done from some stuff bought at a train station. 

Yes, Pharmaceutical companies peddling their miracle rubbish pills have a lot to lose with the legalisation of pot, which is why they fund campaigns against it. And they do. 

Marijuana is a plant that grows in the ground, and has been used medicinally for ten's of thousands of years. 

But most of the recent discussion here has been about Hemp anyway. 

Sounds legit

What are you talking about? Marijuana is heavily researched. The only valid you brought up, inadvertently, is why it should be legal. If it is legal we, the consumer have more control over what strand we get. I've posted the graph earlier that shows every chemical and its medical benefit. Growers to mate different strains to create a new one with a different ration of chemicals that will have different medical benefits.

Also you are clearly really ignorant about pharmaceutical drugs. More people get addicted and overdoes on Pharmaceutical than Marijuana. You CANNOT overdose on Marijuana. For example, let's say you have insomnia. Sleeping pills vs. Marijuana? Think about it. I can if I wanted to down enough sleeping pills to kill myself, purposely or by accident. Marijuana...not going to happen.

Have you ever read the packet of a pharmaceutical drug? Did you notice all of the...SIDE EFFECTS?

America has a Pharmaceutical drug EPIDEMIC! Oxycontin is the big one, you can take the pills or crush them up and snort or inject and get a really good high.

There was a story in The Age last year talking about how Prescription drug deaths had overtaken the road toll. The Washington posts did a story in the same year about how in 29 states the Prescription drug deaths had overtaken the road toll.

Go and research Charlotte Figi, she is a young girl who had a special case of epilepsy. She had multiple surgery's, was on 30+ prescription pills and she just got worse. In fact the development of her motor skills went BACKWARDS! After hr first usage of a strain developed in California, her condition improved.

Seriously son I think you need to educate yourself before talking about this subject again. I'm trying to be as polite as possible about it because I don't sense any hate coming from you just ignorance.

Sounds legit

I need to educate you some more son. Marijuana HAS BEEN TESTED! There are hundreds of different strains being used by thousands of patients all around the world. Marijuana has been broken down, there are tests and studies every day. The fact that it is illegal actually slows down the studies and research on the substance.

Let's say I have a disease I can go to the doctor and go and buy some meds. Or, there is a Marijuana strain with the right ratio of chemicals to help my disease, I can buy a seed and grow that plant myself in my backyard and never have to pay for a Pharmaceutical drug.

It is funny how you draw this line between prescription drugs that you can become addicted to and die from to a drug you can't die from or get addicted to.

Seriously bro, you post so much in here but show a lack of understanding, a flaw you can fix just by, ya know, doing some research. Instead of post ■■■■ in here and wait for us to try and educate you. How about this, take a week off from posting here and do your own research. Sick of your ignorant ■■■■.

Let me state again. Marijuana as medicine has been tested, there have been studies and people have been suing it is success all over the world. Since research isn't your strong suit, some viewing material.

http://youtu.be/eXe75TZYjJs

Marijuana helps this man with his MS. You can see the effect it has in the video, prescription meds DO NOT HELP HIM.

http://youtu.be/Ti4IHglQXGI

Charlotte Figi who without medical marijuana would be dead by now. Yes, before she finally started using Marijuana she was dying! Now her family doesn't pay a cent on prescription drugs...money out of there pockets...understand?

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/08/23/20-medical-studies-that-prove-cannabis-can-cure-cancer/

Links to multiple studies relating to cancer.

my weed is here so cya lol

Sounds legit

Wasn't me, but it's not a conspiracy theory about the pharmaceutical companies, it is a fact. Although not your "smoking dope" bit, but the using of cannabis for medicinal puposes they definitely don't want legal. Forget the fact that people have used it medicinally for 1000's of years. Forget the fact that every animal on earth is born with cannabanoid receptors in their brains/bodies (we have them in both) specifically so they can interact with it. They believe that well researched drugs like Thalidomide are better.

And my neuroligist (who is definitely no hippy) allows me to use pot instead of pharmaceuticals for nerve pain, because it (measureable by him) achieves the same result as his pills, but with pot he doesn't have to check every 6 months that it's not trashing my liver like he does with the pills. I'm lucky I had a nuero who was prepared to check it out, and honest enough to accept what he found.

And Hirdsational, calm down a bit. There is no need for the paying out on Tinhill.

Ps; bugger waiting for delivery, grow your own son! :ph34r:

I knew it!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/fpSTrry_5Fo[/youtube]

Sounds legit

What are you talking about? Marijuana is heavily researched. The only valid you brought up, inadvertently, is why it should be legal. If it is legal we, the consumer have more control over what strand we get. I've posted the graph earlier that shows every chemical and its medical benefit. Growers to mate different strains to create a new one with a different ration of chemicals that will have different medical benefits.
Also you are clearly really ignorant about pharmaceutical drugs. More people get addicted and overdoes on Pharmaceutical than Marijuana. You CANNOT overdose on Marijuana. For example, let's say you have insomnia. Sleeping pills vs. Marijuana? Think about it. I can if I wanted to down enough sleeping pills to kill myself, purposely or by accident. Marijuana...not going to happen.
Have you ever read the packet of a pharmaceutical drug? Did you notice all of the...SIDE EFFECTS?
America has a Pharmaceutical drug EPIDEMIC! Oxycontin is the big one, you can take the pills or crush them up and snort or inject and get a really good high.
There was a story in The Age last year talking about how Prescription drug deaths had overtaken the road toll. The Washington posts did a story in the same year about how in 29 states the Prescription drug deaths had overtaken the road toll.
Go and research Charlotte Figi, she is a young girl who had a special case of epilepsy. She had multiple surgery's, was on 30+ prescription pills and she just got worse. In fact the development of her motor skills went BACKWARDS! After hr first usage of a strain developed in California, her condition improved.
Seriously son I think you need to educate yourself before talking about this subject again. I'm trying to be as polite as possible about it because I don't sense any hate coming from you just ignorance.

Sounds legit

I need to educate you some more son. Marijuana HAS BEEN TESTED! There are hundreds of different strains being used by thousands of patients all around the world. Marijuana has been broken down, there are tests and studies every day. The fact that it is illegal actually slows down the studies and research on the substance.
Let's say I have a disease I can go to the doctor and go and buy some meds. Or, there is a Marijuana strain with the right ratio of chemicals to help my disease, I can buy a seed and grow that plant myself in my backyard and never have to pay for a Pharmaceutical drug.
It is funny how you draw this line between prescription drugs that you can become addicted to and die from to a drug you can't die from or get addicted to.
Seriously bro, you post so much in here but show a lack of understanding, a flaw you can fix just by, ya know, doing some research. Instead of post **** in here and wait for us to try and educate you. How about this, take a week off from posting here and do your own research. Sick of your ignorant ****.
Let me state again. Marijuana as medicine has been tested, there have been studies and people have been suing it is success all over the world. Since research isn't your strong suit, some viewing material.
Marijuana helps this man with his MS. You can see the effect it has in the video, prescription meds DO NOT HELP HIM.
Charlotte Figi who without medical marijuana would be dead by now. Yes, before she finally started using Marijuana she was dying! Now her family doesn't pay a cent on prescription drugs...money out of there pockets...understand?
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/08/23/20-medical-studies-that-prove-cannabis-can-cure-cancer/
Links to multiple studies relating to cancer.
my weed is here so cya lol

I'll take the "clearly ignorant" when it comes to pharmaceuticals bait, and fill you in on my background a little...
Dah
Dah
DAH!
I worked for one of the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies for about a decade. Sure I ain't no pharmacist, but I know a thing or three when it comes to the industry, the good the bad and the ugly. I've also seen enough friends lose there minds smoking dope to believe it's not safe for everyone.
Maybe we can live in a world where people have options for both? Ive seen people die from diseases that are curable because they took the 'natural' option instead of the surgical or pharmaceutical option . Isn't this what happened to Steve Kobs?
Sure, bring on dope medicine, but it should be evaluated and regulated, not just some rubbish ■■■■ like the vitamins and herbs you get from your naturopath.

I'll take the "clearly ignorant" when it comes to pharmaceuticals bait, and fill you in on my background a little...
Dah
Dah
DAH!
I worked for one of the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies for about a decade. Sure I ain't no pharmacist, but I know a thing or three when it comes to the industry, the good the bad and the ugly. I've also seen enough friends lose there minds smoking dope to believe it's not safe for everyone.
Maybe we can live in a world where people have options for both? Ive seen people die from diseases that are curable because they took the 'natural' option instead of the surgical or pharmaceutical option . Isn't this what happened to Steve Kobs?
Sure, bring on dope medicine, but it should be evaluated and regulated, not just some rubbish ■■■■ like the vitamins and herbs you get from your naturopath.

It always strikes me as odd when someone says they have seen heaps of people lose their minds through pot. I have lived in a world full of the stuff for over 40 years, and I have never seen it. I have seen people lose their marbles through pills, ■■■■, speed, ice, lsd, all sorts of things; but not pot. I have seen people who have lost it and pot was part of the equation, but there is always something way more powerful/alien than pot in there. But I'm sure it happens, because different people react differently; There is no "safe for everybody" drug of any kind.Have a look at how many people the Salvos look after/house/feed because they are absolutely fried by alcohol, yet you happily consume it by the bucket load.

And of course we should live in a world where people have options for both. People should have every medical option available to them. Always.

And all medicines should be properly evaluated and regulated. No exeptions.

wow… this thread took off after I left.

I too have an issue with the concept of ‘people losing their mind’ on pot. I’ve never seen it, and ive been around the stuff most of my life. Many people think you get a mental illness from smoking pot, when in most cases, you smoke pot because you have a mental illness.

And Hirdsational… settle down dude, stoners dont usually type so much!

It's funny how nobody can seem to actually portray weed correctly in an ad. That one was almost as poor as that farkin hilarious one they run here a few years back, where the best they could come up with was a guy getting hit by a car when he stops on the side of the road to get out. If they want to portray weed accurately when driving, have a dude doing 30km down a freeway thinking he is going too fast, or a guy trying to turn right across traffic taking 3 hours to do so, because every break in traffic looks 'too tight.'

If I installed a TV when stoned, It'd take me half a day, I'd triple check every single screw, and then I'd hover underneath it for a week because I'd be so paranoid it was going to fall. That guy in the ad above wasn't stoned... he looked like he was on whippits.   

EDIT - Good one Incoming, I referenced that video because it was the post 'above' mine, then you reposted it and it's below my post. Now I just look like a dirty rotten stoner. 

People should be allowed to grow their own medicine, particularly strains high in CBD, to treat their own nausea, glaucoma, epilepsy and pain.

Colorados latest 'Drive high, get a DUI' campaign:

http://youtu.be/22jcBvUx3Sw

Reminds me of a pizza joint that was around in my suburb during the early 90's.

Became known as "Dial a stick".

After a few weeks of opperation the proprietors would no longer require the purchaser to be known to them prior to delivering food or anything else.

Hubris was to be their downfall.

The local pigs, who were stationed literally 300m away from "Dial a stick" finally caught on to what was happening within sniffing distance of their sty and in a masterful display of detectiving, ordered a couple pizzas + some grass to be delivered to the small cottage next door to the police station which also happened to double as CIB Headquarters.

Reminds me of a pizza joint that was around in my suburb during the early 90's.

Became known as "Dial a stick".

After a few weeks of opperation the proprietors would no longer require the purchaser to be known to them prior to delivering food or anything else.

Hubris was to be their downfall.

The local pigs, who were stationed literally 300m away from "Dial a stick" finally caught on to what was happening within sniffing distance of their sty and in a masterful disply of detectiving, ordered a couple pizzas + some grass to be delivered to the small cottage next door to the police station which also happened to double as CIB Headquarters.

ha! we had similar thing in Labrador on the GC in the mid 90's. No delivery but if you rocked up the pizza shop, and they knew you , you could get 'extras' with your pizza.

http://youtu.be/ciQ4ErmhO7g

Tremendous new TED talk.

All those Pharmaceuticals didn't do ■■■■!