MARK HARVEY joins The Lunchtime Catch Up to review 2018

Yeh hard one as coaches I find seem to play down Neeld leaving

Harves says he is looking forward to working with the players next season. Seems like “some people” will be carrying their gripes over into 2019.

2 Likes

Great work @CJohns

Can you get Belly and Hooks in like a hard tag crossover?

1 Like

I’m no expert on players let alone coaches. There could well be better candidates out there but I think he’s a positive not a negative.
From Harves’ comments it seems players don’t just “get good” and that the coaches put in a hell of a lot of work and planning to get players to improve.

1 Like

Great stuff @CJohns

Harvs on Saad with his head down: “Yes, he looks like an animal eating grass”. Cracked me up.

I always enjoy listening to Harvs. He is direct & refreshingly honest, with some Grandpa Simpson humour about him.

Top interview. Cheers.

1 Like

Had a laugh when he was talking about Guelfi and said the coaches didnt know whether to coach him or f-ck him.

3 Likes

Premiership captain Heath Hocking?

3 Likes

Cheers John. We know we aren’t super professionals but we want a forum where hopefully real Essendon conversations are discussed with the right people.

4 Likes

Really enjoyed the episode, mate - I love the enthusiasm that you guys bring to the interviews, even if the questions can still be pretty long-winded at times.

Would be great to get DJ on board to talk about the young kids coming through in the VFL, or perhaps even someone like Skipworth who’s been around for a while and changed roles a fair bit.

Dodoro would be the other one, although might be of even greater value post-trade period. :wink:

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Cheers nickers. Hopefully we can get some good guests coming up soon

1 Like

Francis?

If he’s comfortable.

With those two stalking him? Probably not…although he is from SA where, I believe, they store their bodies in a barrel.

Hey just noting it’s likely we have Robert Shaw as guest this weekend for the Podcast. Will discuss how we should approach the off season

4 Likes

The Shawry analyst. Cool.