Marlion Pickett

A cursory amount of DD would have revealed that he was very very low risk. The risk of him going “off the rails” was fractionally higher than any other player (if in fact it was even higher), arguably about the same as Hurley given his early indiscretion. He did a year or two for beating someone up close to 10 years ago. What he did was wrong, but since then almost a decade has passed, he’s had two kids, completely changed his attitude and footy, and was desperate for a go (same with Schloithe incidentally sans the prison time and kids).

3 Likes

He was out for close to 6 weeks.

Never in the history of football has a premiership team made a fringe player look better than he is.

1 Like

Haven’t read past the first 10 posts.
But wanted to clarify.

Didn’t we have two picks in the mid season draft?

I don’t agree that the board should have power to veto football department decisions.

With the two picks I would have taken Pickett & Riccardi.

I like Sneilling, but we missed two potential stars.

Was the decision not to take a 2nd pick a board or football department one?

Now with virtually zero debt I hope that that bean counters can stay out of these matters.

I hope something can be done to ensure that power is moved away from the board to the football department.
Our primary focus is to win flags.

Didn’t we have two picks in the mid season draft?

Yes

lol I bet you had no idea Riccardi even existed at that point in time.

5 Likes

Why would you expect a fall from grace?

2nd pick wasn’t able to be used as we had upgraded McNeice and thus were able to play him.

If wanted to use would have had to put him back to CatB rookie list and not able to.

That decision is far worse comparatively than the selection of Snelling over Pickett.

1 Like

Risky bet, considering I was starting to think MBS was actually Riccardi :slight_smile:

Also, although that was the company line, the fact that Draper had just done a knee had opened another spot, so it really was a case of "why not both?

1 Like

I would like to hear @BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS opinion

I gave it somewhere. Happy with Schnell!

As for the other stuff. Rumour, … sooo :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Not rumour. It’s fact.

2 Likes

Should be raised at the annual meeting.

1 Like

Because it was in the Herald Sun?? :smirk:

Or because someone said it was on Blitz?

Neither of those things mean I should accept it’s a fact. Unless & until it’s verified, … it’s rumour.

2 Likes

Typical Essendon, guys in suits think they know more than the professional who’s job it is.

The rot is at the top.

2 Likes

Wrong thread. Should have been in the @Finding_Nino is an imbecile thread.

3 Likes

I think at least 3 very in the know posters, possibly 4 from memory, have all said the same thing. I think it’s pretty clear it’s a fact

1 Like

We have very different definitions of the word fact.

3 Likes