Marriage is totally Gay

Also learn from brexit, its proving to be a stupid decision.

4 Likes

Ah yes, same tactic. Invent an angle that its clearly not and take discussion down a false path.

4 Likes

Now you’ve gone too far.

Thanks for the answers Blitzers.

A pity that some dickheads have to play the farkwit role and beliittle anyone who asks a question, but given who they are what else should I have expected…

3 Likes

Huh.
People are entitled to worry about consequences.

To narrow it down as a simple Yes or No is incredibly simplistic. There are a myriad of other factors to consider.

You have no right to haughtily hold people in contempt because they are concerned about other considerations.

Such as?

If the ‘reason’ to vote no is "because the yes team annoy me’ rather than an actual logical consideration then i absolutely find that contemptible. So should you.

4 Likes

What belittling did your question prompt? I thought it was perfectly fine.

They are great advertisements for the No vote.

After all telling people they are stupid or homophobic or a bigot is a sure way to get people to change their mind. And it sends a big message to the undecideds as well.

Plus Abbott wants to introduce the Priest’s Kiddie Fiddler and Child Sodomy Act (Cwth) 2018

The ‘Yes’ team don’t annoy me, they concern me. Big difference.

I don’t like the direction being taken where anybody who disagrees with them is pulverised publicly. Is that what we want to happen in the future?
Bullies don’t usually stop at their first victory.

1 Like

There is no question the AFL needs to do more to create an environment where a player feels comfortable coming out. Despite Lumumba being an absolute tool, his experience at the Pies shows just how far behind the footy culture is.

The AFL standing for quality and SSM is a step towards creating that safe space where footy is a game that everyone should be able to play and enjoy no matter what their background.

I play Rugby Union and in our competition we play against the Melbourne Chargers who are one of many gay rugby teams that are out there. The comraderie and respect from inside and outside is amazing. Their cheerleaders (The Chargettes are hilarious). Ian Roberts came out whilst still playing Rugby League over 20 years ago.

AFL has a long way to go but this is a pretty basic step in the right direction

2 Likes

Can you name a single consequence, which you think is both realistic and concerning?

I may have to go to more self indulgent weddings

2 Likes

Hard to quantify. ‘Safe Schools’ would be a start. A lot of parents have huge misgivings about this sort of program. Yelling at them that there is nothing to worry about does not alleviate the concern by the way.

But generally, it’s just the vibe. People don’t like seeing bullies get their own way. Can anyone confidently assert that it stops there?
Of course they can’t and the problem is the leftist SSM campaigners have basically eroded any trust to the point where nothing they say can be believed.

Ahh. So its Mabo. Lol.

5 Likes

One example, and it’s invalid.

Question: does safe schools already exist?

I don’t believe a judge on his own can find a person guilty of anything, check the constituion of rights.

So all criminals been found guilty of criminal charges can appeal through the high court.

I believe it’s still legal for people to have their own thoughts and feelings.
I know this disappoints some people immensely.

It does, but gay marriage will probably make it, you know, safe-y-er and stuff

1 Like