Marriage is totally Gay

Sure. Abbott is. Have some freaking restraint though maybe.

eh, i don’t condone violence.

however he said he wanted to do it, has no remorse over it, and will cop his punishment for doing it.

and by what he said, despite believing that it shouldn’t even be an issue, the same sex marriage, and that love shouldn’t be restricted, he was out drinking and someone slapped a vote yes sticker on him.

So it’s got very little to do with like i said the issue at hand, and just one person thinking another is a ■■■■, and that’s that.

True. It has already served its purpose for the “No” group though and they aren’t going to let go of it.

How does a guy walk up to an ex PM (I know I shuddered) and head butt him. Doesn’t he have close personal protection?

According to Eric Abetz in comments made to the ABC old Tone is more than capable of defending himself and the guy is lucky that he didn’t retaliate.

I don’t see how anyone could have predicted someone who looked like that causing any trouble.

5 Likes

Keep hearing that Abbott is some kind of tough guy, but Queensbury rules is a little different to Hobart rules.

6 Likes

Basically it was a sneak attack.
Pretended to shake his hand to get up close and then headbutted him.

A gutless and cowardly act and those applauding this idiot need to have a good look at themselves.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone in here is condoning the attack.

1 Like

Sneak attack? You’d think that our security detail would be all over the likelihood of someone approaching for a hand shake and then sneakily head butting someone.

Rightly or wrongly, there are many people that don’t like Abbott, he should expect that this sort of thing would be possible.

Backpedal? Not sure if I need to be more blatant or if your dyslexia issue is resurfacing?

Please enlighten us on how ‘security detail’ would possibly stop someone headbutting you whilst pretending to shake your hand.

I hear that the SSM advocates will be out in force today doing a mass door-knock around the country. (although I assume Punchbowl, Lakemba, Dandenong and Broadmeadows will be exempted).

Bit of a concern for anyone who wishes to vote No given SSM advocates propensity for violence and intimidation.
Are all our old age pensioners going to be forced to vote No under threat of violence?

2 Likes

The only question I have about it is the need for it. My son was never taught about it, he was raised in a conservative Christian home yet when one of his classmates came out as gay, he and his other friends were very supportive (and not at all surprised, they had all just assumed this person was gay). They are still good friends.

I would have thought that most kids these days are fully aware of this stuff. I guess there might be some idiots but there always are regardless of what you teach them. Kids bully over all sorts of things.

Even worse, they’ll be back to force them to gay marry and safe school after the vote.

7 Likes

Tone doesn’t like much security, he thinks most Aussies are reasonable and won’t physically attack a polly. He still thinks that after this week.

If he tried the same thing with Obama, Bush etc his family would be now planning his funeral

1 Like

My guess (and it’s only a guess) is that the program grew out of a desire to do something about the well-documented huge percentage of young LGBT kids who’ve reported being harrassed/bullied over their sexuality, and the correspondingly huge rates of depression and suicide among those same kids. And with all due kudos to your son and his mates, you only have to listen in on kids conversation on the train, or have a look at the comments on video game forums etc, to see that taunts based on sexuality is still a near-ubiquitous thing among kids.

4 Likes

Leave Tony alone!