Marsh Series review thread

Lock him in

Because he showed that he is quite good at football?

Agree even if we get stringer and Stewart back
I can’t see us kicking enough goals this year, forward entries farked, lav is not good enough, smack gives away too many frees

1 Like

Possibly, but we’ve tried the handball happy style in all our worst moments, it’s just never held up and we’e looked although with the keepings off style. Proof will be in the pudding.

1 Like

The last 3 premiers haven’t won a game between them.

Sooooo we’ve clearly gone too hard, too soon, and should’ve thrown our reserves out there.

2 Likes

So we started playing well in the pre-season just after it stopped being cool.

We are like my fashion sense

19 Likes

Still worried about the lack of big bodied mid. We can’t keep losing the clearance count by that much. We will come up against a Richmond or Carlton or Adelaide and have to rely on our rebounding from defence.

Transition between offence and defence is so much better though. Nice not to see teams bolting out of back half every single time.

Should we be changing Skeeta to a giant carrot?

4 Likes

Says what? Plenty of sides look great in pre season and flop when the real stuff starts.

Sides are at all sorts of different points in their preparation.

3 Likes

Richmond are not a good clearance team
Carlton and Adelaide are bottom 4.

1 Like

The opposite of lid off people saying “it’s only” is lid on people saying “it’s only”.

4 Likes

Ham had a very good chance of making the best 22 and Culter just took it off him, imo.

2 Likes

Ablett is like a farkin baby boomer, he thinks he is entitled to do whatever he likes on the field with impunity. It led him to some foul play in 3 successive games last year and finally the MRP picked him up on it, so if he starts off with that attitude this year, they might ( god forbid) even drop** him.

**Or should I say “manage”

You add Stringer to that

Then Ambrose

Then Hooker

Then Joe

Yeah im quoting myself

Well Geelong can add in Selwood. He is basically in the same category as Ablett. Young players are catching them and riding them into the ground. I saw the same thing happen to BJ.

We are not in a position to take the pre-season lightly. We needed to use it as a medium to get the new game style bedded down. For me it’s a big tick. Take it as read that if we’d have got belted in successive games that our supporters and also the media would’ve jumped all over it and we’d be under pressure from Round 1, as per last year. But now we won both games “it’s only pre-season”. You can spin it any way you like depending on the narrative that you want to go with. Cleary the media are keen at any time to be negative about us so of course “it’s only pre-season”…

5 Likes

9 Likes

The commentators on Ablett today “after all his achievements, a preseason game doesn’t mean much to him”. Whatever. He’s cooked.

Really loved our endeavour this pre season. Seems it was a constant issue during the pre season. We didn’t look ready, we looked confused at the game plan, we looked tired. And it always translated into a slow start to the season.

The players had intent. They wanted to win. And there’s an obvious game plan and the players as buying into it.

12 Likes

Yeah fair enough. Just encouraged by the signs and the positive intent.