Marsh Series review thread

5 massive positives ( that are new).
Ridley. best game for the club at AFL level. Got involved in the hard stuff, and played very well as a sweeper, as we know he can, but against a very good side.
Zerk. Played against monsters like Hawkins and Ratogolea. Basically kept them out of the game. Well done.
Cutler. Played a half, and showed he can play at the level gave us drive. Good recruiting.
Townsend. Chipped in for some goals and showed that he is on the cusp of selection.
But to cap it off.
DJR, fantastic celebration of Fantas goal. Unreal visuals.

16 Likes

If we had a forward line we’d be very dangerous.

13 Likes

1 Like

hahahahah, oh dear lord.

2 Likes

Most happy about Devon Smith looking back to his 2018 best, not the half fit hurt version in early 2019. He runs, tackles, sets up, awesome.

McGrath and Parish have had excellent pre-seasons, both look ready to take on big roles this year. Redman’s two tackle effort in the first was amazing, best part of the game. Phillips battled hard all game.

Townsend played his role to perfection. Hard as a rock and kicked 3 goals with perfect set shots. Played his way into a Round 1 spot. Cutler looked impressive early on too on the wings and I don’t see a spot for Guelfi once Stringer/Heppell/McKenna return.

Ridley and Zerk looked good down back for the most part, whilst Hurley early on was diabolical in disposal and decision making in a typical game where he mixed some horrid with a ton of disposals.

Saad wasn’t at his best, Francis has had better games whilst Smack and Lav barely saw it. Fantasia was invisible until late whilst Snelling came good the longer the game wore on.

1 Like

Hurls cops a fair bit of ■■■■ on here from some. He played a great game - particularly second half.

21 Likes

there at least seems like a structure and plan now.
just very poorly executed 50% of the time.

he couldn’t hit a target for a qtr and a half. 30 possessions mean ■■■■ all if 15 of them are absolute rubbish.

2 Likes

If people are too stupid to see that it’s hardly worth explaining.

3 Likes

Ha! Another interstate final againsr Port Adelaide. We know how they usually end…
Hope it’s not a portent of things to come.

2 Likes

Alright i’ll bite, 32 at 75% means he actually hit 24 targets. He also had 13 intercept possessions, you know what those are yeah? 9 marks too. 7 rebound 50s. He was awesome.

24 Likes

you realise kicking to a pack and not seeing 15 free or loose players and kicking it to them, is still classed as an “effective” disposal right

but yeah , hurley AA best defender ever, omgs.

1 Like

What a farking attitude. Its an attitude you don’t need. A club needs to pick the best side and if you pick players who are past it, they weigh you down. Did Ablett win the Norm Smith Medal in Geelong’s Grand Final win in 2019? Nup.
Was he in the bests in the actual Elimination Final win in 2019 Nup.

1 Like

Which is fair enough.

McGrath had 32 possessions. Breakout year.

7 Likes

You basically ignored everything i wrote. But you clearly don’t have a great grasp on it anyway so i’m happy to leave it here.

2 Likes

Good to know that we are gunna have some selection pressure this season.

3 Likes

Not really

Kicking efficiency is a garbage stat

He always has high mark numbers because he is used as a conduit from one side of the field to the other, when switching, which would also boost up those rebound numbers

If Hurls was a 3rd/4th defender, hed be great. But he should be the general, and he sucks at that tbh

2 Likes

because you base your whole opinion about a players performance on stats, which i showed can be manipulated by an arbitrary outside indicator/judge of a disposal.

ala hurley getting the ball, blindly turning and kicking the ball on his left 40 meters up and 15 meters away will still be classed as an “effective” disposal in the stats book because it went to a contest.

but yes continue to rattle of stats like they mean something other than to uneducated supercoach based followers of the game.

4 Likes

I don’t though. He was very good today. I was told these match day threads are cooked but i didn’t think i’d see stuff like this. Anybody that thinks Hurls wasn’t good today is an idiot.

10 Likes