Marvel Stadium

Yep you read correctly.

Marvel-lous: Disney wins naming rights to Melbourne’s Etihad Stadium

Etihad Stadium will be renamed as Marvel Stadium in a new partnership with The Walt Disney Company Australia.
The stadium, located in Docklands, will be known as Marvel Stadium from September 1 in an eight-year agreement between Melbourne Stadiums Limited and Disney.

In a statement on Thursday morning, Melbourne Stadiums Limited CEO Michael Green said the rebranding would see a Marvel retail store and other “activations” installed at the site to bring the characters to life.

“Marvel is a powerhouse in the entertainment industry and one of the most recognised brand names in the world. It is a brand dedicated to audience experiences, which firmly aligns with our vision to create incredible experiences for fans," Mr Green said.
“This partnership will allow us to take the stadium atmosphere to the next level and create memorable experiences for a vast array of audiences and we look forward to delivering a truly game-changing experience."

More to come

So now the game day entertainment at Docklands is going to be a big ad for the latest moron superhero movie!

I can’t see this becoming annoying at all.

4 Likes

That’s disgusting. ■■■■■■■ sick of marvel, ■■■■ movies, cringey fanbase, now a fkg stadium

5 Likes

“Essendon have won the the toss and will kick to the Black Panther 2 end”

48 Likes

Etihad are pulling back on sport sponsorship around the world.
This statement is full of over hyped spin and tripe put out by the PR department.
This partnership will allow us to take the stadium atmosphere to the next level and create memorable experiences for a vast array of audiences and we look forward to delivering a truly game-changing experience."

Disney are taking over the world.

1 Like

Oh, and it really doesn’t matter what they change it to, ever.

It’s always been Colonial Stadium to me.

10 Likes

i give it two years before Marvel pull the pin.

Are we talking about Telstra dome?

12 Likes

Great. I’ve managed to avoid that man-child ■■■■ so well, and now I’m gonna get it shoved in my face while I watch the footy.

3 Likes

really? you think they’re not making off like bandits on this deal? They’re going to have their name plastered all over multiple AFL broadcasts every week, a retail store, and their ■■■■■■■ ridiculous superhero characters parading around in front of kids for hours on end.

I haven’t seen a superhero movie since Iron Man 1 in, what, 2007?

Really sorry but I honestly can’t fathom how people watch that tripe. People at work the other day having a discussion about the latest Avengers and I almost went postal

8 Likes

I’m edgy and hate popular stuff too

37 Likes

“Fantastic mark taken there by McKenna, showed great bravery. Much like the bravery that Spider-Man showed when he blah blah blah”

“You’re so right Huddo. Spider-Man was extremely brave. And did you know that Spider-Man 3 is in cinemas on June 15?”

18 Likes

They’re in trouble financially. They were meant to start turning a profit about 7-8 years ago but are still running losses.

They have two major issues:

1. The country can only really support one airline and Emirates’ market share is much more entrenched.

2. They acquired too many troubled European airlines so they could quickly expand routes. It takes a while to get landing rights at a lot of airports and they took this approach to short cut that.

From what I hear they are cutting back significantly now on flights too.

Kids. Kids eat that ■■■■ up.

1 Like

“Fantasia grabs it on the wing. Great to be named after a classic Disney movie, isn’t it Basil?”

“Yes, Bruce. Speaking of Disney, that new Avengers movie is in top form tonight, the Iron Man hologram being shone on the ground is up to ten disposals.”

1 Like

Kids, and @Riolio

2 Likes

When you have a toddler and work in a high pressure job, sometimes one of those movies is the best thing I can do for myself. Turn the brain off, relax and have enjoy it for what it is - fun!!

5 Likes

In honour of the new sponsors, just wait until you see our new tribute jumper design inspired by The Flash:

3 Likes

I dont think the Flash is Marvel, and I’m extremely ashamed that I know that

6 Likes