Match Day Thread 2017-R20 vs Fark Carlton

Saturday at last! Bring it on - let’s smash them!

7 Likes

Weather looks pretty good out their, might actually get ourselves a sunny arvo at the G. Still freezing though.

2 Likes

NOTHING BEATS THE
NOTHING BEATS THE
FOOTY AT THE MCG

Anyone who attended football in the late 90’s will remember that from the big screen being blasted pre game.

9 Likes

If this were an Adelaide forum, 90% of the posters would have cried "REBUILDDDD"after Dangerfield left.

At some point you need some skin in the game, you need to play to win to develop a culture that expects success. Our core under 24 squad will gain much more from being in a competitive environment and playing finals, than a bunch of kids that can’t even dominate at VFL level will from getting a handful of games they didn’t earn.

4 Likes

Followed by voice of the G.

"Who thinks team x is gunna win?’

“and who thinks team y is gunna win?”

And the half time n64 challenge in the late 90s.

There was about a six or seven week period in about 96/97 where the result of the n64 challenge determined whether or we won. 11/12 year old Scotty21 barracked harder during the n64 challenge than the game itself

9 Likes

Weather is OK. No rain since the early morning but it’s ■■■■■■■ cold and windy

1 Like

Yeh cos this club has given me SO much reason to be positive against bottom four sides.

4 Likes

I think it’s unfair to call them failed players. Maybe not a grade players, but never failed players. Our list has improved dramatically over the past few years. I don’t blame previous players in weaker lists for anything . these are solid essendon citizens

10 Likes

2004 was when we last won a final… that game did wonders for us in helping to develop a winning culture.

Time to toss that old chestnut, Boris.

If you see players as your ‘chattel’ and are ‘tools’ to do a job for ‘you’, then I can see how they could be called ‘failed’.

Bulk of the 04 team had probably played in winning finals before.

Do I agree with all of the selections this week? No, no I don’t.

However - posters who say that we should be giving up the season, and shouldn’t be picking our best team to make finals - when we are currently one game out of the 8 in farking AUGUST are being totally ludicrous.

I assume that if we do make it, none of those surrender monkeys will be watching the final or will give a fark, cause it should all be about development and not the present, right?

FFS

12 Likes

We’ve been ‘one game out of the eight’ for almost the entire season and seemingly haven’t changed up the line up in that time.

1 Like

Was there a video game pre game too? I remember thinking if an Essendon supporter won it was a good omen.

Yep agree. And what’s your point? You’re not arguing for a personnel change to make the team more likely to win. You’re arguing for us to give the season up and play all the kids when we’re one game out with 4 to play. That’s just ridiculous

7 Likes

Think of it like the saloon brawl from Blazing Saddles

2 Likes

if only

The natives are restless

I put it down to everyone else but me.

1 Like

I’m wondering if it wouldn’t have been more constructive given the consistent inconsistency of this side all year we throw some kids in for some of the more ordinary incumbents. For example, if we swapped Myers for Langford and Howlett for Begley I reckon we’d be just as good a chance of making finals.

6 Likes