Match Day Thread - Rd 1 2023 v Hawks

It’s probably going to be a long season.

And losing 2MP is a devastating loss.

But there is something about the first round of a season that is always a bit special.

And it is a winnable game no matter what side of the clapper/downer fence you sit on. May as well maximize your chances of seeing a win for the year ahead.

We can also spoil the Dorks premiership reunion party early with what we know comes next from 40 odd years ago.

I’ll be there with the kids, don’t usually go to away games. Just to give them a buzz, and hoping our team improves soon to give them just an ounce of the exciting feeling I had with our team around their ages from that great era.

19 Likes

200w (11)

6 Likes

I had my expectations well in check, but damnit Blitz, your enthusiasm has sucked me in again…

CARNA FRIGGIN’ DONS!

18 Likes

WE ARE FARKIN OOOOOON

5 Likes

Time to send these flogs back to the trailer park

1 Like

10 goal demolition coming up

Please please please

As the most optimistic poster on blitz with Carrot Salad a close second. you need cool your jets clapper. 10pts is more realistic.

3 Likes

I feel I’ve spent enough time complaining about the Phillips selection, to have him kick a nice bag of 4 today.

Bombers by 1 point.

12 Likes

Give ‘em hell, Bombers!

1 Like

in a year thats going to suck, a win would be nice today

4 Likes

Round 1, where dreams end and reality begins

5 Likes

dreams cant be buy

Ummmm…. Yeah

In what’s probably gonna be another long year to be a Don’s fan…I thought nothing would be more appropriate than wearing this to the first game today

I’m sure the Seinfeld peeps in here will appreciate that. Go Dons!

13 Likes

I think we will get home in a close game.
Sure we have 2MP out who averaged 2.4 goals a game in 2022- but they are missing Mitch Lewis who averaged 2.5 goals a game in 2022…
They also have lost a lot more good players from 2022 than us. Hawks wont have: Mitch Lewis, Jaeger O’Mera, Tom Mitchell & Gunston
We are missing no one of note from our 2022 team (besides 2MP)
I think our class around the ball should get us home - Parish, Setterfield & Merrett are better than Maginness, Newcombe & Worpel and this is where we have the edge
Comon Bombers!

5 Likes

They sure have had a lot of turnover. I can only recognise Breust, Sicily, Chad and the lanky wingnut bloke.

Ahhh…that’s the way you interpreted it, eh?

13 Likes

For who?