Match Day Thread - Rd 1 2023 v Hawks

Have never been more flat heading into the opening round of a season than this year.

Expecting to be belted today and set the tone for the rest of the year.

We need pick 1 so losing a lot of games is necessary but it is still horrifically painful to watch for a club you care about.

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Let’s get our Irish on

8fbbefdc-efa8-4782-8056-47d7fe6e0ec7_text

2 Likes

Gotta a feeling well either lose by 30 or win by 3. Looking at the teams play before us, just shows how far away we are from competing with the best :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Dunno if we’ll win but Sam Weideman is going to kick a fkn bag of goals today forcing Sicily to hand down the captaincy and retire prematurely.

14 Likes

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

That’s the spirit

Some hippy type once told me that you can channel nervous energy/fear in to excitement. That’s where I’m at.

3 Likes

If it stays overcast we win, we don’t like round 1 sunshine, farkin go Dons.

1 Like

Bombers to win, we might just surprise and do a Port Adelaide

Win the fights, I’ll be happy.

2 Likes

I just want them to show a bit of old style passion and muscle. But I’m not sure I can see any names in our side that can play that role

I have to go out to play another sport at about half time- pretty sure this is a win win for me. Either I can watch it later and rejoice - or not watch at all.
Go Bombers……please win…please.

Sook central.

Newcombe is one to watch he is a jet

1 Like

18 Likes

Based on vfl team, looks like one of walla or Snelling will be sub and the other to be carry over emergency

?

4 Likes

Calling @carrotsalad

shutup barnz, we need him (or her)

2 Likes

9 Likes

Evolution of Glu Bear’s mood Round 1 2023
Photo -

1. Pre-game
  2. Q1 5 minute mark
  3. Half time
  4. Full time