Match Review: Adelaide v EFC Witches Hats

There’s always next year to look forward to.

Steinberg seems to be the new Dyson/Stanton in terms of being the one we bag…

Steinberg made some good decisions and bad ones, but we had more than just him out there making rubbish choices, hence why we lost by 100points.

Laverde more exciting than Edwards

At least we’re above Carlton on the ladder.

Lol stein Worst game ever...like ever
If Steinberg didn't play we would have won!
  • Marty Funkhauser

"Steinberg has been directly responsible for every goal the opposition has kicked on us since 1997’

I KNOW RIGHT!!!

Remember the '99 prelim when all Steinberg had to do was kick it into the forward 50 but Fraser Brown tackled him??

AND WE LOST BY ONE POINT!!! Frigging Steinberg!!!

Or the 1948 grand final where he kicked 32 of our 27 behinds and we drew!

AND WE LOST THE REPLAY!!! Frigging Steinberg!!!

Don’t get me started on the time he was guarding Michael Jordan in game six. We’re up by one, 12-13 seconds to go and Jordan drives right, pushes off, STEINBERG FALLS OVER then Jordan steps back for an easy 18 footer to win the championship. Friggin Steinberg!!!

Stants our best Hird will get a severe blowtorch this week . .Will he survive? Not sure how we turn this around Campo > hird as coach who would have thought?

Stanton had no real influence on the game when 24 of his 30 touches were uncontested in a loss over 100 points.

Spot on!!!

Wow, imagine an outside midfield player who runs all over the ground getting uncontested ball! Shocking thing to happen in a game of footy. Heaven forbid that an inside midfielder might win it for him and feed it out to the outside midfielder.

I say we look at Stanton and blame him for the loss. Spot on indeed!

Stanton carpools to work with brady’s wife and on the way she blows him.

It’s the only explanation I can think for the constant hatred towards him.

Hooker is giving us a great contest up front but our defense has completely gone to pot since he moved and with hurley out our defense is severely undersized.

Meanwhile smack, who did nothing but compete and give everything, languishes in the twos.

We are playing terribly listless football, our work rate is appalling and there aren’t enough players who appear to give a fork but we are not giving our guys a fair crack at it by putting a decent looking structure on the field and not allowing spare men in defense.

Hird isn’t doing himself any favors I have to say

Stants our best Hird will get a severe blowtorch this week . .Will he survive? Not sure how we turn this around Campo > hird as coach who would have thought?
Baker was awesome. You are not

Neroli Meadows ‏@Neroli_M_FOX 1 min1 minute ago
Feel desperately sad for Essendon. Have just spoken to a heartbroken David Zaharakis for @abcgrandstand. Raw & emotional. He’s hurting.

Listening to Hepp on 3AW he’s not far behind (but keeping it together because of his badge).

Anyone else noticed how since we moved Hooker from defence to attack our defence has gone from one of the best in the comp to one of the worst?

Anyone? No?

By god I hope this is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF56zOFYjvw

He also said he was The Batman in that press conference. So I doubt it is true.

Move Hooker back. At least before, we had one part of our ground that was AFL standard. Now we have none.

Why do people keep bagging Steinberg? Hes played ■■■■ all games and keep getting the oppositions tallest forward or resting ruckmen in a team thats getting thrashed! Holding Jenkins to 3 goals was a top effort considering!

He simply is not AFL standard, if we accept players like him as best 22 then we will continue to be an irrelevant side in this competition. He tries hard, works hard but just doesn’t have the skills for this level. It is not about who he plays on and what he is copping by playing on them, it is simply about whether he is good enough and he isn’t.

Well why bag him? Who else should we get to play? He might not be good enough now, but hes putting in a lot better effort than the plodders up the ground and in the middle and playing a ■■■■■■ hard role.
We at least want the players to have a decent crack and Hirdy would be picking him because he at least has a ■■■■■■■ crack. If he got to play on blokes with similar body size hed be doing a lot better but ■■■■■■ hard under the circumstances.
Many potted Hooker and he came good.
Give the guy a chance!

I didn’t bag him, others did but I guess it is their frustration and passion when watching games and dealing with the aftermath of a 112 point loss. We all react in different ways.

Laverde more exciting than Edwards

Edwards is more exciting, Laverde will be a better player

Jay Clark saying Heppell close to tears in the rooms.
Where is the "I agree" button?

Will be interesting to see if there is any truth to that… Heppell loves this club and I just hope its not going to be blown up into some “Will he leave?” BS that the media love to spray about us

Edwards does some really clever stuff though when he hasn’t gone missing. Lots to like.

Stanton had no real influence on the game when 24 of his 30 touches were uncontested in a loss over 100 points.

Spot on!!!

Wow, imagine an outside midfield player who runs all over the ground getting uncontested ball! Shocking thing to happen in a game of footy. Heaven forbid that an inside midfielder might win it for him and feed it out to the outside midfielder.

I say we look at Stanton and blame him for the loss. Spot on indeed!

Hello muppet,
He’s an outside player - correct
He had 30 touches - correct
Who gave him the footy? Oh the inside mids
What did he do with it? Not much damage

Hey guys...fark Carlton.

I needed that. Thank you.

Neroli Meadows ‏@Neroli_M_FOX 1 min1 minute ago Feel desperately sad for Essendon. Have just spoken to a heartbroken David Zaharakis for @abcgrandstand. Raw & emotional. He's hurting.

Listening to Hepp on 3AW he’s not far behind (but keeping it together because of his badge).

Was Zaka playing?

Oh we played? Genuinely had no idea and there’s a fixture on my fridge…
I’ll pretend I still don’t know.