MATCH REVIEW: Dons > Pies

They were terrible against Brisbane. They should have done what Geelong did this week to Brisbane. They did not turn up at all.

4 Likes

I watched the replay this morning. Apart from the first 10 minutes and a little run in the 3rd we dominated them and did what we had to on a greasy deck with a few party tricks thrown in. Reading this thread last night it seemed like we were somehow fluking every goal, they had all the run, only kicked themselves out of it, and several of our players should be sacked and lynched. Full moon indeed.

6 Likes

This win was never going to excite anyone. Beat the Saints and then we’ll see a little more chirpiness in the post-game thread.

3 Likes

Yeah I just watched it as well. It seems you can’t please Blitz very much.

Maynard’s a funny fellow. Had 5 kicked against, punch in the guts to someone (hooker maybe?) and then took a dive when JOEDAN! bumped him after a goal.

It was actually JoeDan he punched, was a good one too. He got towelled up but he was about the only one of theirs apart from Eliot who showed any spirit. Treloar looked like a little 5 year old bully who’s just been given a belting by someone’s big brother. Lip trembling, big shakey breaths

No doubting they played a lot better yesterday.

But suggesting they played anything resembling “good footy” against Brisbane seems to contradict the notion that there was any reflection.

Dare I i say it, but it takes a special kind of arrogance to lose that badly to the bottom team and claim it was “good footy”.

1 Like

Or someone trying to be positive rather than focus on the negative. Something Blitz can learn from.

2 Likes

Learning is for nerds

Na ■■■■ the Brisbane game and finding any positives out of it.

We will finish on 11 wins, a %>100 and confident we can beat others in the 8. But miss the finals because of the Brisbane debacle.

I hope it cuts deep while the players have an early Holiday knowing they should be playing on the big stage.

5 Likes

I’m no fan of the Pies but from what I heard last night I feel a bit sorry for Treloar. Shouldn’t be playing as has a pretty bad bout of OP but with Bucks trying to save his job he was being pretty much forced to play yesterday with little care for his longer term health.

1 Like

Heppel managed to be positive without pretending we were anything other than crap against the worst side since Fitzroy.

1 Like

That’s not even remotely true.

Yes, sorry. Brisbane are a great side and our loss to them was completely acceptable. Especially considering we played such “good footy”.

The loss was bad enough. There is no need to just make stuff up.

2 Likes

What is said in the public arena and what is said behind closed doors are probably two completely different things. I’m sure they gave an honest appraisal of each other’s efforts during the match review on Tuesday. That’s what’s important, not what he says to Cam ■■■■■■■ Mooney after a win.

1 Like

Think it was orazio’s 2nd ever post game interview. Not too concerned with a slip up about Brisbane. People are carrying on like the media here - it was a nothing comment.

5 Likes

Are you talking to me, or Raz?

In fairness to O, he made have got nervous and didn’t enunciate his thoughts as clearly as he would have liked. There is no way he or any of them would have been pleased to lose to Brisbane in the fashion that they did. No way.

Last week I went into footy witness protection mode, avoid all forms of media and news bulletins that may even show the score, this week I’m trying g to find out how many footy shows there actually is. Winning is great

10 Likes

You.

You said Brisbane are the worst side since Fitzroy. They’re not. Not even close.

3 Likes