MATCH REVIEW: Dons > Pies

They killed Sydney, in Sydney for 99% of that game. They should be happy about most aspects of that game.

4 Likes

Just watched the replay again.

Watson is in good form.

Nice.

3 Likes

hahaha Essendon killed sydney for 99 % of the game up there, right, that’s why sydney were infront for 3 and a bit qtrs, and had they kicked straight we’d have lost by 5 goals. for 3 qtrs the ball was pretty much in their half also.

FFS it’s only 2 weeks ago and the distortion of peoples memories is already twisted the game so far out of proportions, good old essendon mentality right there.

3 Likes

The fact that we immediately kicked a goal and nobody gave away a silly free after the Merrett hit was even more impressive than the fact that T-bell, Hooker and co. flew the flag imo.

In past years, certain players getting sucked into giving away a dumb free was almost a certainty.

2 Likes

I was hoping that the hysterical negativity of the last week might have eased up a touch with a good win over the traditional enemy. Or at the very least that it would be used lay into Greenwood. Apparently that’s too much to ask though.

2 Likes

Presumably you were quite composed and unmoved by the events of the last 4 minutes then.

1 Like

I know it’s not the done thing here - but maybe in between extreme positivity and extreme negativity there’s a happy medium. Most of the time it’s good to be positive about your own team (otherwise go follow a team you think play by your rules). On the other hand, I don’t think being positive about the Brisbane game helps a lot either. It was a terribly slack performance. The Collingwood win was a good one.

But it’s not as much fun that way, is it?

4 Likes

Something impressive about this win is that it didn’t come about after a blistering start and finished off with a strong 4th quarter, which is pretty much the opposite of the general trend this year.

2 Likes

No they didn’t. Sydney played better in the first half, got out to a big lead in the third before we stormed home late and then gave it up

1 Like

They killed them enough. Or not quite enough.

I think we can all agree that they played well enough to beat the Swans on their home turf, bar the last three minutes.

5 Likes

Not sure it’s worth over-analysing players’ interview responses to the nth degree. They’re pretty anodyne and never want to say anything that could give offence to anybody.

Pretty clear though that some people here really wish that someone was thrown into a volcano, or had their heart ripped out in public, just to show that everybody was suffering.

5 Likes

Aren’t 99% of player interviews “yeah nah we’ve been playing good footy but we’re glad to put together a four quarter performance this week”?

9 Likes

Yeah nah :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No doubt

4 Likes

He didn’t apologise for saying that they played poorly.
He apologised for using Twitter to do it.

3 Likes

I loved that we won yesterday, but today woke up thinking “Man how the hell did we lose to Brisbane?”.

4 Likes

Hm! User name checks out.

Liked.

3 Likes

Just watched the replay and my big question is whether Travis Varcoe is the most useless and ineffective footballer ever?

You’d be a livid as a pies fan, 4 qtr’s of utter nothing, he may aswell not have turned up.

Oh look insulting me for being positive. That fits with your pathetic view on life.

1 Like