Match review. Dreamtime

Off you go.
At the start of the match day thread, you said it was going to be The Langford's night.

(Am I doing it right?)

But you get that

We won tackles inside fifty, easily.

Richmond suck.

That was frustrating as all hell.

Hartley has slowed down a bit. Few times he was beaten by good service but he was down big time.
BJ… fk me.

Jeez it was just hard to watch.

I’m pleased that we got beaten by a decent margin so we can’t blame the umpires. That was one of the worst adjudicated games I can ever remember.

he was struggling with hammy tightness all game which basically stopped him playing in the end.

Most frustrating game this year for mine. Our effort and tackling pressure were great, but horrible skill errors killed our chances.

This so much.
A lot of the skill errors are just basics that shouldn’t be made at this level.
So disheartening to do a heap of good work only to fark up a basic handball or a 20m kick. What’s worse is that it is the senior players letting us down the most

Like a lot of our games this season there were many passages in the game tonight where we showed real intent and outplayed the opposition. We just can’t sustain this momentum over multiple quarters.

More often than not though its our skills which are letting us down and the resultant turnovers that are killing us on the scoreboard (its certainly not any lack of effort).

I hope the guys keep their heads up and keep working away because with a slight improvement in execution I really believe we will sneak another win or two this season.

Zerrett and Parish are the two most promising midfielders under the age of 21 in the league.

Was the Baguley deliberate call as bad as it looked from where I was sitting?

It looked horrendous from where I was sitting, which was on a par with the non mark to Fantasia.

I can’t believe people actually thought we’d win that game, staggering really.

The most frustrating thing of all is, despite all the obstacles, it’s still mostly dumb football and dumb decision making that ultimately cost us any chance of remotely getting a win.

for the most part, the effort is there, but that will only ever get you so far. When you’re constantly turning it over in the back half/middle of the ground just due to stupid bits of play, just kills any momentum the guys build.

That being said, seems like most are just going through the motions til the seasons end at present. not to say they aren’t trying and putting in the effort, just they are so robotic bar a few sparks.

It’s not just the top ups either, just dumb football is very hard to watch, esp when it’s from a team you love.

Hams should come in for Crowley

Disappointing to lose again. But they are playing with spirit that was lacking last year. Parish and Tippa very good again.
Disposal is frustratingly poor but I keep telling myself to focus on the positives.

That was frustrating as all hell.

Hartley has slowed down a bit. Few times he was beaten by good service but he was down big time.
BJ… fk me.

Jeez it was just hard to watch.

I’m pleased that we got beaten by a decent margin so we can’t blame the umpires. That was one of the worst adjudicated games I can ever remember.

Yeah they definitely deserved to win (mostly due to our terrible skills) but geez the umpiring was terrible.

Not a bad showing really, the ones we need to get better & grow, are getting better & growing.

Imagine how all the guys we will keep will play when all their big brothers come back from camp.

When we’re a real & proper full grown team again.

Giggedy…

I can't believe people actually thought we'd win that game, staggering really.

The most frustrating thing of all is, despite all the obstacles, it’s still mostly dumb football and dumb decision making that ultimately cost us any chance of remotely getting a win.

for the most part, the effort is there, but that will only ever get you so far. When you’re constantly turning it over in the back half/middle of the ground just due to stupid bits of play, just kills any momentum the guys build.

That being said, seems like most are just going through the motions til the seasons end at present. not to say they aren’t trying and putting in the effort, just they are so robotic bar a few sparks.

It’s not just the top ups either, just dumb football is very hard to watch, esp when it’s from a team you love.

Seriously? Looked to me like they were trying their guts out all game.

Skill level when trying to hit targets when coming back inside is frustrating. Opens us up time and time again.

Crowley is cooked, no doubt in my mind.
But that’s ok, because he ain’t the future.

What I’m seeing inParish/Tippa/Fanta is just fantastic.

And Edwards got a bit of it, and whilst always under pressure, did some slick work via quick hands around the packs.

Not that I watch a lot of Richmond games, but Ty VICKERY has incredibly established himself an AFL career based on how well he plays against Essendon.

I watch any Richmond game apart from us and he is diabolically useless. Like a proper, useless list clogging hack. He is a useless usesless footballer. Somehow always manages to snag two or three against us.

Never thought we’d win, actually don’t think we’ll win any game this year but the effort needs to be there.

Cannot be critical of the effort, but as for decison maibg and skill oh dear. Jamar was terrific , intresting that Kelly vwas used in the centre a lot. Can’t eait for next year, and in the mean time thete is still the chance we pinch a win sometime.

Have no idea why Crowley gets a game. What does he do? He’s not tagging, he’s slow, majority of the time poor disposal… What’s he there for?

Looks like Francis may get his debut next week with Harts out

Richmond didn’t win, Essendon lost. Sloppy ball use and dumb decisions cost the game. I will never understand why when within range do guys pass to someone in a worse position. The more you overuse the ball the more chance of stuffing it up.