Match Review: Essendon monsters St Kilda

If you pick it off tonight’s form its parish.

4 Likes

I’m waiting for a train with the plebs. Not cool at all.

We were fantastic. Should have been a hundred point job. Kelly unbelievable. Gleeson is an extremely brave footballer for his size. Joes going to win the Coleman. Bellcho is a revelation.

It’s cold. I’m drunk. Go Dons.

28 Likes

That mark set the tone for the whole game. How sweet over Carlisle’s shoulders.

12 Likes

I think DKP has you covered.

4 Likes

Two things that I liked:
1 we were inaccurate early but didn’t let it get to us
2 we won the last quarter

My favorite moment was when McGrath spoiled and then smoothered the ball to get a throw in. Team lifting stuff.

42 Likes

Scintillating! Fast, direct and skillful footy. We can and will beat anyone with that. (Even teams below us on the ladder from here on in).

The Daniher mark was the same end as Moorcroft?

Kelly was strong overhead in crucial moments.

9 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Best games tonight for both Hartley and Gleeson.

4 Likes

No. That makes it the other end… lol.

How can you not love Tommy Bellchambers. He’s the man.

Zachy Merrett so much silk. And.Marty ■■■■■■■ Gleeson. Crikey. winner!

1 Like

Scintillating performance. I was excited but also nervous about how we’d play tonight, but from early on even though we missed some sodas early on we just looked on. The whole defence was magnificent, but most pleasing was Marty’s game. Probably his best I think, intercept marking, brace in the air, good at the ground ball and used it well. Pops Kelly could play another couple of seasons if he keeps producing the goods like that. Midfield went to work and the inclusion of Bird was a great decision at selection. Merrett, Heppell, Goddard, Zaharakis all had a heap of the football. Forward of Centre we just have so many weapons. Stewart was very prominent first half but didn’t reward that hard work with goals. Daniher is now a bona-fine elite player, Walla was quiet for most of the night but still had some great tackles and in the last even though it was junk time he got some footy and finished the game well. Bellchambers played his best game of the year. Physical, took marks, got a out the ground well and kicked 2.

PS: McGrath, take a bow son!

11 Likes

Myers - 68%, Bird - 66%, Green - 59% all very low game time which is interesting.

2 Likes

As good as I’ve seen from Bellcho in a long time.
Bird slotted in seamlessly, did a lot of nice things.
Gleeson has improved with every game, just reads the ball so well.
Hurley is a farking gem.

3 Likes

Mods; please sticky.

4 Likes

Gleeson! What a game from him. What a great game for young Miss HowMany to be on the couch with the old man. She can spot a good mark too. “Big Joe” is now her favourite player although Tippa was going to steal back the title at the end.

4 Likes

I love that this team can play like that. I hate that this team can me nervous even when 7 goals up.

46 Likes

Sam Gilbert makes Myers and Scott Lucas look dual-sided.

6 Likes

Yes I did