Match Review - FARK Carlton

So you don’t think we should be rebuilding, but we should be rebuilding?
Now I can see what you’re getting at.

1 Like

Carlton were choking us in our defensive 50 all game and it was extremely hard to get out. But once we got into our F50, Carlton took it out straight away in a couple attempts. Top that off with Docherty marking every kicking going inside 50, my TV was almost goneskies!!

Yeah I agree, that’s why I didn’t single any of them out.

Plenty of individual reasons there not in AA form and plenty have runs on the board. I just mean that collectively they aren’t providing enough output to mount a serious finals threat atm. I hope we see some improvement soon. Some of them are definitely capable of it.

1 Like

It’s been a long-standing problem so I don’t think the problem is simply solved.

If fixing our inability to counter a team playing with a spare player in defence was simple then one of our coaches over the last 10 years would have done it by now.

1 Like

I knew we were in trouble yesterday when early on, Gibbs dumped Heppell into the ground and nobody did anything about it. Then he got cocky, and started bumping Colyer around. He then turned around to the next guy, saw it was Hocking, and short stepped the contact. But still, he got away with it.

He then spent the rest of the day getting lippy and acting like a tough guy, and nobody buried the ■■■■ weak little skirt into the ground.

5 Likes

Wonder what the pundits would be saying about Sydney - their first quarter was laughable
Freemantle kicked 5 straight in the last quarter against the premiers and made them look slow
Suns belted the suitcase out of Hawthorn - 15 goals is a dead set flogging
We got beaten by a better team by 15 points in the slop - whether it happened on the ground or in the coaches box or a combo or both it is done & dusted.
Some of the posters here forget that people on Blitz also had ■■■■ days on the field (I know I did) and came off thinking I am going to be a lot better next week - what’s to say we can’t beat Adelaide. Be a long trip if they went over trying to minimise the damage - rather see a red hot go than a Roos special.
I believe we can beat the Crows and will be following the boys irrespective of who gets selected. In fact I don’t give a stuff if we don’t take a ruckman a la the Knighmare period as it will still be the Essendon Football Club that we are all supposed to love.

3 Likes

All this game showed me was that Carlton are good at picking up soap in the shower

18 Likes

Kelly has a job waiting for him in 2018 at the AFL. They want him they saved it for him. Frankly, I think he’s too good for them and I hope he can stay on with us as an assistant coach.

5 Likes

Ah, ben dover.

1 Like

Maybe not.
In the wet, the first things that go are skill, precision and timing. Along with agility and speed. Most of our aces were nullified.

I think he’s talking about the five year plan that started in 2007

Should I use smaller words for you? Its pretty simple, I don’t think we should be rebuilding, we’ve been doing that for a decade. I think this list right now has the best mix of experienced stars and talented kids that it’s had for a long time. We should be top 8 contenders. I believe the biggest factor in determining if we in fact will be contenders is the coaching and the mid aged group of guys like Zaka, Hurley, Hooker, Tbell , Colyer Hepp etc. If that group can find consistency we can contend, if they are not good enough with Watson, Goddard, Kelly and Stanton in the side I can’t see how we will be a better side once they retire. Therefore if this group isn’t a contender to at least make the top 8 then yes I will advocate a serious rebuilding involving a clean out of some of that mid age group while they have value.

2 Likes

If roles were reversed, we’d have loved getting a team known for free flowing ball in the rain. It wouldn’t make that team a bad team, it would just take away their strength.

I’m not surprised the returning players fumbled and were knackered. I thought it would be the same game 1 & 2.

I’d be surprised and upset if we don’t win more than we lose with our game and our draw but the loss and shiteness of hawks have taken some glitter off

1 Like

One thing I learned is how much I’m going to hate watching Silvangni lope around for a long time.

1 Like

Woah, ease up, wasn’t an attack on you.

Cool your jets, mod hater.

2 Likes

Eat my balls mate.

3 Likes

This is the nub of it.
like every other year, you’ve hyped up the side and now you’re already super disappointed and want someone’s head because of it.

The last year we had our full list, we finished, what, 14th. We’ve traded out Melks and Carlisle (and sundries) and weve gotten in McGrath, Tippa and Parish (and sundries); and 3 of our best players have gone from 28/29yo to 30/31. We’ve changed coach, the 3rd such change in 4 years. We lost 19 games last year and finished dead last, only putting together any sort of form in the last month of the year.

I just can’t see why anyone was expecting much this year. And the only reason you’d dramatically change course given this week’s game is if you’d deluded yourself into thinking we were a flag certainty.

Can I just say, … that sounds like a really stupid thing to tell/ask someone to do.

Suck nibble lick stroke tickle scratch, hell, even shave, … but eat??

You’d have to be unique, I think, to seek to be a eunuch.

5 Likes

TBH we sent them into 2016 Summer as the laughing stock of the league

Should have expected them to come out firing.

I’ll take us being the L here and the W at the end of last year, and how special that was for all of us after such a ■■■■ season, and how much it would have stung them for the following months of no footy.

1 Like