Match Review - FARK Carlton

Anyone who says the umpiring lost us the game is farking kidding themselves.
It doesn’t matter what the weather was like, nor what the umpiring is like, we are a far better team than those ■■■■■ in that Fark Carlton jumper. To not only lose to that rabble is disgraceful, but to be soundly beaten almost everywhere across the ground is ■■■■■■ embarrassing. How a midfield littered with ‘inside ball winning brutes’ like ours got beaten by Carlton is another indication that our mindset was just awful.

As someone else posted, this wasn’t Essington. This was something new.

7 Likes

Too many beers pal…?

We had one in the back.

Presumably Essendon’s loose man wasn’t as effective as theirs? Happens sometimes.

Agree we lost at selection. Smack would have offered more around the ground and definitely more aggression on the ball. We would have been smashed in hit outs but who cares in this weather, no one was benefitting from precise taps. Langford really didn’t deserve a third game on his form, would have been better going another small grunt player like Bird.

They deserved the win, they played smarter. But f@rk me did they get the luck of the footy gods. It was excruciatingly frustrating watching 90% of 50/50 balls, taps, bump balls, quick kicks, fumbles, awkward bounces, defensive punches just fall in the laps of a scum player.

4 Likes

Gibbs and Murphy looked like genuine A-Grade superstars on a miserably wet deck.

That’s how bad we were.

1 Like

They played in front all day. Old fashioned wet weather football.

9 Likes

Umpiring was average but seriously

We didn’t handle the wet well at all and did nothing about the spare man.

Umpires or not (let’s face it, we have seen worse) we in no way deserved or looked likely to win that match

We were farking putrid. Plain and simple

1 Like

No.

1 Like

Meh, these things happen. We are a half decent team but if we want to be a great team then we need to get rid of some of the plodders. Not having Greene or Howlett today hurt, they both would have been useful.

Worsfold is trying to make us a quick ball moving team, this won’t work in the wet but there won’t be many games played in the wet.

7 Likes

We got outplayed in the most horrific of football conditions. Plain and simple. Say they wanted it more, we selected poorly OR wanted it less, or out gameplan doesn’t suit tsunami football. Doesn’t change the fact we just got beat by a team that played percentage wet weather footy.
P.S Apart from Murphy and his extremely low percentage amazing goal in the last from the pocket

Massive overreaction.

2 Likes

Carlton played good wet weather football.
We played dry weather type football.
How the ■■■■ did they have one man standing loose between CHB and FB for the entire last quarter.
Smack’s strength and McKenna’s wet weather experience would have been more useful inclusions.

1 Like

The non calling of holding the ball today was the worst I’ve ever seen watching Essendon.

Atleast 10 clear holding the balls missed.

Not an excuse btw we deserved to lose by 10 goals but the umpiring…

12 Likes

Disappointed that we can’t adapt to inclement conditions. It reminded me of an ANZAC Day game in about 2004 where it was wet all day and we persisted with handballs and short kicks all day to no effect.
Can’t afford to lose games like this, though I expected it once I saw he forecast. Since Essendon went to Etihad , they can’t play in the wet.
We were out coached and the selection, in hindsight, was poor.

1 Like

The McGough game.

I remembered it too. Feels like I just watched it again.

4 Likes

I had not seen so many butter fingers since Marlon Brando in Last Tango in Paris.

The weather suited them better and was their 23rd man.

4 Likes

Some of Joe Dan’s contests in the 2nd half made Rowe look like Glen Jakovich

14 Likes

True. Round 3. Sydney are still 0-3. Lol.

1 Like

I thought I was underselling it.

The worst team in the comp just out smarted and out skilled us.

That was embarrassing.

6 Likes