Match review. Hawks victim 1

Can somebody confirm for me that you’re not allowed to shepherd the man on the mark, because the dawks we’re doing that in the 4th quite blatantly.

10 Likes

I hope some of our guys let him know that out there. “Hey Jaeger, you could’ve been celebrating with us right now!”

1 Like

It was immense. You know when a team has us covered and we can’t get back in the game and they hit target after target, slow the play down untill an opening and nd attack and score? Yeah well that was us for a change!!

4 Likes

Yep. Screw him and his silly name to Hell and back.

1 Like

l have been saying it since the day the Dawks recruited him, Vickery is a spud, and will play a huge part in bringing them down to Bitchmond levels of mediocrity. Getting him was a huge mistake, as he showed so clearly last night.

3 Likes

Today at Hawthorn whoever it was that decided to get Vickery is saying “yeah I’m surprised Ty didn’t have a great game” and is being met by this look

16 Likes

Hepp also did it on occasions but as more of a defensive sweeper

Yeah not sure on it. We were doing it at one stage too, the ump blew his whistle to move our player on but we played on and he forgot all about it

Not his fault really. Heard a voice to play on, wasn’t sure if it was a team mate or umpire that he heard but paniced and threw it on the boot.

In my view calling squib on a Player is about the worst insult you can make. Taking steps to protect yourself is part of the game and I reckon you should watch the replay.

Now maybe Players got a rev up at half time to go in harder for the contest, but Zaka threw himself in often and made many tackles. Highlighting 2 occasions seen in full flight and labelling Zaka as a coward is not at all fair.

1 Like

imagine our midfield if he’d come over. He’d be about the 5th player in line for a tag?

Yes injury free he has a lot more zip in open space than I expected.

1 Like

I dont get what your point is. He did squib a couple of contests,and if you are going to spin that as ‘taking steps to protect yourself’ when the instances where he did not go hard enough werent particularly dangerous to begin with is a major, major cop out, and pretty much diametrically opposed to the sort of attitude youd want a good AFL footballer to take.

7 Likes

Younger brother: “Imagine if we lost against Brisbane now, hahahahah.”

Me: “We will… so just be ready for it.”

12 Likes

Yup. Soaking up this feeling because it’ll be polar opposite next week.

Suggesting Zaka didn’t completely squib a few contests strikes me of having no idea. Everyone at the ground saw that he completely squibbed a few contests, especially that horrible one deep in our forwardline. Everybody at the ground saw it. Pretending it didn’t happen is stupid because literally everyone at the ground was commenting on it. That being said he must have copped a spray at half time because he came out and looked a million times harder and played well.

4 Likes

12 must have been in the pre-game warm-up

1 Like

Hopefully last night was the beginning of Essendon being hated by everyone non-Essendon for the right reasons instead of the wrong reasons.

Brilliant night…so happy for the boys

How was Sicily trying to be tough? Couldn’t get a kick all game and trying to be a hero. He embarrassed himself.

1 Like