Match Review Thread: Bad News Bears def Worse News Bombers

We really did kick ourselves out of that game. Regardless of all the other problems, and there were plenty, we could have won if we kicked straight. We’re the only team in the league that kicks under 50%.

Also I don’t believe for a second we were tanking; every time we’ve come up against a team that’s taken us seriously they’ve beaten us handily. I think a lot of people have been misled by our closer games against teams that weren’t mentally prepared to play a game at 100% intensity.

Zaharakis needs to learn how to deal with a tag. He might not get tagged next year but in a big game if he’s playing well opposition coaches will know they can shut him down completely, and that means he’ll never be truly dangerous.

Gleeson’s up to three weeks in a row where he’s shirked a marking contest. I know he’s skinny, but he’s got to hit those contests as hard as he can.

It seriously felt like one of those mid-late 2000s games at Etihad against port where we couldn’t do a thing right and they would constantly pull arsey goals out of their **** and would kick them from literally everywhere.

What is it with one bullshit ■■■■■■ forward has a blinder every week against us this week Walker

Lowest point in the clubs history in my era. Started with poor selections yet again

What is it with one bullshit ■■■■■■ forward has a blinder every week against us this week Walker

That spud will probably never kick more than 1 in a game again yet probably has earnt a new contract because of us

Gleeson's up to three weeks in a row where he's shirked a marking contest. I know he's skinny, but he's got to hit those contests as hard as he can.

I don’t agree with this at all. Last three weeks? Also the one today where the commentators decided to give it to him, he was outnumbered 5 to 1. Where were his buddies manning up?

As the OP said, each time teams are ‘up’ for us, they win. A simple reality of our season.

We really did kick ourselves out of that game. Regardless of all the other problems, and there were plenty, we could have won if we kicked straight. We're the only team in the league that kicks under 50%.

Also I don’t believe for a second we were tanking; every time we’ve come up against a team that’s taken us seriously they’ve beaten us handily. I think a lot of people have been misled by our closer games against teams that weren’t mentally prepared to play a game at 100% intensity.

Zaharakis needs to learn how to deal with a tag. He might not get tagged next year but in a big game if he’s playing well opposition coaches will know they can shut him down completely, and that means he’ll never be truly dangerous.

Gleeson’s up to three weeks in a row where he’s shirked a marking contest. I know he’s skinny, but he’s got to hit those contests as hard as he can.

Easy line to throw out there and means nothing, what you perceive isn’t always fact. Again if we had kicked straight we would have won today, we had far more inside 50’s despite being beaten in disposals which means our efficiency getting the ball in was better. We should have won going on stats alone.

We need a goal kicking coach.
The last 4 weeks we’ve had the same amount of shots on goal
Ess 44 60 324
Opp 73. 31. 469
Both had 104 scoring shots for a 145 point differential.

Positives:
1: Francis, obviously. He has “it”.
2: Joe had an average day and still kicked 4, that will be important when we’re back.
3: Zerrett. Class, week in, week out. If we weren’t a fill in team he’d be in Brownlow contention.
4: Goddard played well and responsibly as captain.

That’s about it.

I think we need some serious goal kicking practise. I think we need a goal kicking hypnotist. I think we need a goal kicking coach.
I also think we need a lot more work on clearances, because today we were awful in clearances.

Welp, what else is there to say… we’ve just won the farking spoon.

Three weeks running, more scoring shots. Played like ■■■■ and still had 31 shots. Ffs.

Only as good as your bottom six.

Dempsey/SMack/brown just dreadful today for experienced players.

Gleeson's up to three weeks in a row where he's shirked a marking contest. I know he's skinny, but he's got to hit those contests as hard as he can.

I don’t agree with this at all. Last three weeks? Also the one today where the commentators decided to give it to him, he was outnumbered 5 to 1. Where were his buddies manning up?

Yes, the last three weeks. Not full head ducking squibs, he just doesn’t go at the body when he should.

i keep going to post things and then delete the whole thing.

The upshot is I’m not happy.

And leave Marty Gleeson alone

Has anybody noted we need a goal kicking coach? FMD 15 times over.

“The story of this match is the inefficiency of Essendon to convert inside 50’s to goals. They had 12 more inside 50’s and three more scoring shots, but 12.19 (91) including 6.10 (46) from set shots compared to 10.2 (62) for Brisbane was the difference.”

Such a bad football team.

Lowest point in the clubs history in my era. Started with poor selections yet again

You have got to be joking!!

14k v top side = play well
34k v bottom side = play sh-t