Match Review Thread: Bad News Bears def Worse News Bombers

Find some fkn players who can kick for goal or fold the fkn club. I’m done.

Disappointing, looks like the spoon is ours and i hope that hurts the players as much as the supporters

Positives
Goddard was good floating around half back and used the ball well
Francis looked good, will be better for the run
Zac Merrett tried hard all day, ran and ran
Parish, the kids a champ
Gleeson, thought he did ok today, some good runs and pressure and marks, couple of mistakes
Ambrose, again his opponent had no impact

Negatives
Smack, go home
Cooney, spent
Dempsey, not sure if his head is right at the minute, big fan but he needs to CTFD at times
Zacca, sorry David but thats not acceptable, coach should have put him in forward pocket
GOALKICKING - deploable, paid professionals should not miss those shots. I hope Worsfold calls them out on it in the presser to wake them the f $#k up

Seasons nearly over, lets hope Hurley wasnt watching

Worst effort all year for mine. Whether in front of goal, or general play, we completely shot ourselves in the foot, time and time again.

There were some howling umpire errors, but even had those calls gone our way, we’d still be less than evens to convert.

Time for a “Who Should We Draft First?” thread.

This can be a toxic place sometimes, people saying we’re no good, we’ll be no good next year, no good players. A week ago we were ready to say top 8 was a lock.
A team of kids is gonna have off days and as bad as we were today if we kick straight we still probably win.
More than anything I feel we lacked a bit of experience /leadership out there today, and maybe the outs of Gwilt and Bird were more important than we realised.
People have been having a crack at just about everyone today, calling for blokes like McKenna and Gleeson to be dropped permanently etc, when cmon they are still so young and have hardly any experience around them, especially gleeson today he played well overall
I hope we all take a deep breath and let the dust settle before going off at the team

Find some fkn players who can kick for goal or fold the fkn club. I'm done.

Lmao

I’m not one to give it to players generally but Cooney and Dempsey can ■■■■ right off. I know it’s hard this year with a few certain starters suspended but if either one of them lines up Round 1 next year I’m out. So done.

This can be a toxic place sometimes, people saying we're no good, we'll be no good next year, no good players. A week ago we were ready to say top 8 was a lock. A team of kids is gonna have off days and as bad as we were today if we kick straight we still probably win. More than anything I feel we lacked a bit of experience /leadership out there today, and maybe the outs of Gwilt and Bird were more important than we realised. People have been having a crack at just about everyone today, calling for blokes like McKenna and Gleeson to be dropped permanently etc, when cmon they are still so young and have hardly any experience around them, especially gleeson today he played well overall I hope we all take a deep breath and let the dust settle before going off at the team

That is half the problem with people on here.

Whoever thought that or thinks that has rocks in their head.

We will improve next year and I am excited by our youth and following our rise up the ladder again but to think we will jump so many teams who are decent footy teams and play finals next year, is absolutely absurd.

Hayden Skipworth

The sad state of affairs had me completely disinterested in the score. I was checking the Fantasy football points, barracking for Zerrett to catch Dangerfield and I have zero interest in fantasy football.

guninmouth.jpg

AFL to intervene and give the Lions a priority pick so as to avoid us getting ‘rewarded’?

You cannot let a performance like that go with consequence.

Zaka and Brown dropped.

Cooney, Dempsey and smack play out the rest of the season as a farewell.

I am gutted. Did not want the wooden spoon.

Now can anyone honestly say that if you were the coach today you wouldn’t have done the following 2 things…

Zaka to full forward.

Tag either rich or rockliff.

And the late move of francis into the forward line well that’s just a token gesture!

Cooney, Dempsey and smack play out the rest of the season as a farewell.

■■■■ off. I’d like to see a win before the season finishes.

Just saw VFL score and report.

No changes for AFL squad…

16 marks to 11 inside 50 and lose by 6 goals, I can’t even…

Reminiscent of a few losses to Melbourne circa 2012

Our disposal is absolutely deplorable. Can’t hit targets, can’t kick goals, turn the ball over with monotonous regulatory and get killed on the rebound.

Brisbane were good today but an AFL side would have won by 100+.

remember this morning when people were saying we’d win? LOL

Shut the season down now and send them all to Croatia.

See you in November or whenever.

just too many passengers, and im genuinely surprised we didnt lose by at least 10 goals

demps, zaharakis, dea, mckenna, cooney, mckernan and brown all may as well not have played

i am just so disappointed with zaharakis… he is a fkg garbage footballer, tag or no tag, mates or no mates, fk it, he is garbage and needs to play vfl, play bird in his spot, at least he has a dip… its stand up or fk off time for him imo, out of contract at the end of next year and will need to show something or hes traded

its ■■■■ though, the one game where most of the youngsters play well, lav looked dangerous, langford classy, zach merrett as always, parish tough if a bit unrefined and gleeson/ hams good without being great, but then the senior players just let you down

that game was there for the taking imo, we broke in the 3rd with misses and got rolled over in the last