Match Review Thread - Daniher 4.1 25 def. Rich 3.5 23

The team is just not good enough.

There were just too many players not up to it and then some experiences ones not stepping up.

Polkinghorne, Dempsey, Zaharakis, Michael and Cooney are players that fall in the not up to it/shouldn’t be in the list category.

While Gleeson, Hams, Langford and McKenna fall into the not good enough/not ready for senior footy category.

But it’s not like Woosha is spoilt for choice.

Would like the see the likes of Eades, Morgan, Long and co play in the seniors over a few of the above. Especially the older ones.

Either Leuenburger has no idea where he’s tapping the ball to. Or the midfielders aren’t getting to the right spots to rove the hit out.
We should be dominating the clearances.

Daniher, Parish, Leuenberger, Laverde

Move on to another set of positives next week

Either Leuenburger has no idea where he's tapping the ball to. Or the midfielders aren't getting to the right spots to rove the hit out. We should be dominating the clearances.

Yeh I question some of his craft at times. I don’t think it is exclusively because we have a debilitated midfield. I think he often gets it fairly wrong as well.

Either Leuenburger has no idea where he's tapping the ball to. Or the midfielders aren't getting to the right spots to rove the hit out. We should be dominating the clearances.

We won clearances, only because Leuie anihilated them in hitouts.

Most glaring example of the fact that other clubs have cottoned on to the fact that you don’t actually have to kick or handball it any more, you just either drop it or put it on the ground. And clearly we haven’t cottoned on yet.

Not sure there is any value in tackling any more

I’m honestly still shaking my head at how the F did we keep that loss to 82 points.

There were just too many players not up to it and then some experiences ones not stepping up.

Polkinghorne, Dempsey, Zaharakis, Michael and Cooney are players that fall in the not up to it/shouldn’t be in the list category.

While Gleeson, Hams, Langford and McKenna fall into the not good enough/not ready for senior footy category.

Would like the see the likes of Eades, Morgan, Long and co play in the seniors over a few of the above. Especially the older ones.

why pick out Glees- Langers hams Mckenna - have a really good look Tippa was ordinary as was Franga dont pick a few out, because its conversation starter. Try looking at what players can do

We were beaten by a better team. But could the farking ball have bounced their way anymore today.

We structured up okay in the first half, prevented goals over the back, prevented lead up marks and set shots yet they were pulling goals out of their collective anooses*. Raz is up the other end, snaps it perfect on the left, the last bounce sits up and it’s touched. I was like OMFG!

• Eddie does it all the time so that is a given

Our best performance against Adelaide for two years.

Improvement.

why pick out Glees- Langers hams Mckenna - have a really good look Tippa was ordinary as was Franga dont pick a few out, because its conversation starter. Try looking at what players can do

Wash your mouth out , I myself am reaching for the listerine because I agree. OK?

Zaharakis has had a pretty terrible year after a good start, think you’ve gone a bit far though. Play him half forward for the rest of the year, see how he goes. Cant argue with the others

Langford wasn’t that bad once moved from defense. Hes not a defender. Ever. McKenna one of the few that can actually kick. Thought he played ok.

Eades is softer than Zaka. Morgan is injured. Wouldn’t mind seeing Longy though.

Great title. Exactly what my wife said at half time. Joey is really coming along nicely. Ambrose is improving week to week. Goddard’s form is very good. Merrett has continued on his good form (although I would love him to be more damaging with his disposals).

Some good cameos from some of the younger players. Of course the patches in between the cameos are where we get punished so hopefully they can close the gaps between the cameos.

I’ve seen worse losses by better teams.

I don’t understand all the hate for the commentators but I seem to be the only one so I’ll move on.

Should Joe consider screwing it around any time is within 40? Just doesn’t miss.

I know there’s not a lot of love for Marty G here but I reckon he’s tried his guts out this year and deserves a chance next year in a better side. Dea too.

Zakka is still a non-entity out there. He wasn’t tagged much was he? If it’s still a tag that’s causing him problems then I’ll be happy if he gets the tag next year and Jobe/Hepp/Zerrett/Darcy are allowed to run free.

Geez they kicked some out of their ars3holes. Fair play to Eddie though, somewhat of a gun.

Good fightback removed some of the sting. Still reckon we’re a chance for another win.

I have NEVER seen anyone hold the ball in a tackle as long as Sammy Michael did and get away with it.

You’d think the Elsternwick hotel would be a little bit classy cos it’s near a posh area? Blokes out in the smoking area were comparing the size of their respective dogs’ balls.

Dempsey can play good footy at times but when he does something dumb he takes no prisoners. That little kick out of play was so stupid it nearly blew my mind.

I love Darcy Parish.

Some times I do wonder what we are trying to do.

All I saw was hand balls going no where in a circle and when we do clear the ball it was just a blind/hack kick forward to no one It was like watching a bunch of headless chooks our there.

Zaharakis will be a better player with better players around him, but it is almost sad to see how ineffective he is when someone clamps down on him. I’d say this is 4-5 shockers in a row. Should be dropped IMO, but probably our predicament means he will stay in the side. But people saying he shouldn’t be on the list is a long bow to draw. Who knows, could very well be playing injured for all we know…

Hey… Kudos to the Bomber supporters/ cheer squad and anyone who made the trip to support the team.

How Coghlan couldn’t get a run in this side this year has got me farkd.

Joe Dan super impressive tonight.

Not enough 3 pointers.

As I said to Crows supporters tonight at the ground ‘a battle of two highly unsucessful 21st century teams’. The Chardonnay sippers started to argue, but then realised they had nothing…